Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Oct 8, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #76 of 2,191
Since the headphone is out on some stores, any detailed review about the sound quality of PX7?

I already have Sony and Bose which have solid ANC but sound terribly so I really want a good sounding NC headphone. I don't have very spesific sound signature demands, it just shouldn't be boomy bass like Sony.

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #78 of 2,191
Well something just came to mind since I did order the PX7, and used to own the PX. I wonder if there is going to be a new app. Or an update to the old app.that was released with the PX? I think I may give them a call tomorrow.
There is a new app available on the swedish market (Android/Play Store), not the same as the one for PX. This one is called Bowers & Wilkins Headphones.
I cant access anything in the app until my ordered PX7 arrives, scheduled for Oct. 22'nd (retailer stock date).
Also sold my PX and getting a bit eager to put some world class audio on my ears - hopefully even better than the PX...

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #79 of 2,191
It’s interesting they’re called the PX7 as a successor to the PX. Are B&W alluding to the fact that they will sound similar to the P7s?

Yeah. They answered this question at Amazon Q&A

7A: Thanks for your question. The PX7's have a sound signature closer to that of the previous P7 Wireless, detailed, vibrant & musical.

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #81 of 2,191
New app screenshots
Screenshot_20191008-085631_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_20191008-085536_Headphones.jpg
Screenshot_20191008-085536_Headphones.jpg
Screenshot_20191008-085529_Headphones.jpg

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #82 of 2,191
From avforums:
Tim Johnston, SVP & GM of Headphone Business Unit, stated “This unique application of our proprietary driver technology, when coupled with the new and cutting edge aptX Adaptive technology from Qualcomm creates the most realistic, high-fidelity soundstage of any headphone on the market, reproducing sound just as it was created in the studio.”

Additionally, the noise-cancelling features runs at 16 times the sampling rate to ensure the best performance with no degradation to the audio quality.
Looks promising..

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #83 of 2,191
Just received my PX7s from Crutchfield. Initial impressions after two songs: much more bass, been a while since I’ve heard the P7 but closer to that than the PX. The mids are not as forward as the PX.

But the most important point, I think: ANC majorly improved, especially with regards to it’s impact on sound quality. Big change in signature on the PX when ANC is on, but sounds like an extremely minimal change on the PX7.

Don’t have too much time for an extended test today but that’s the off the cuff quick impression.

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #84 of 2,191
Just received my PX7s from Crutchfield. Initial impressions after two songs: much more bass, been a while since I’ve heard the P7 but closer to that than the PX. The mids are not as forward as the PX.

But the most important point, I think: ANC majorly improved, especially with regards to it’s impact on sound quality. Big change in signature on the PX when ANC is on, but sounds like an extremely minimal change on the PX7.

Don’t have too much time for an extended test today but that’s the off the cuff quick impression.

PS: weight savings from carbon fiber make a major difference. Cups are larger, cavity deeper, and overall more comfortable. In fact, this very well may be B&W’s most comfortable headphone ever. Also, can confirm the drivers are angled but that the ear pads are - for the first time - not removable.

Oct 8, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #85 of 2,191

Too much bass? Can you talk more about the sound and the sound compared compared to other ANC headphones if you own any (Sony, Bose etc.)

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #86 of 2,191

Congrats.. expect more updates. Sound might change after broken in. Let us know

Oct 8, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #87 of 2,191

New app... I either read or saw in an YouTube video that someone said it wasn’t mentioned in the package so it was a bit misleading.
Also the app mentions PI3 and PI4 headphones. Isn’t it only PI3 that has been announced?

I've found the new app. listed in the Apple's iOS app. store. It is a different app. then my PX's app. Well that is kind of interesting that they just didn't fold in the new PX7 under an updated original app. That probably is a good sign.

I launched it but of course I can't do anything with it until my headphones arrive. I'm missing my PX's and hope the PX7 purchase was worth the upgrade.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #88 of 2,191

Your impressions are very similar to this review: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/deuxc7/first_impressions_bowers_wilkins_px7

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #90 of 2,191
PS: weight savings from carbon fiber make a major difference. Cups are larger, cavity deeper, and overall more comfortable. In fact, this very well may be B&W’s most comfortable headphone ever. Also, can confirm the drivers are angled but that the ear pads are - for the first time - not removable.

I liked everything you noted. However how will worn out ear pads be replaced, I wonder?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back