Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #871 of 2,191
First impressions of the Momentum Wireless vs the PX7:

1. The Momentum sound better, definitely. Much better clarity, musicality and liveliness. Great to listen to and enjoy music right from the get go. No dark, thick and heavy sound whatsoever.

2. The PX7 are more snug around the ear but both headphones are really comfortable.

3. The Sennheiser leak more at high volumes. They are actually quite leaky. The PX7 are better in that regard.

4. The PX7 also have a better case and much better battery life (nothing new here)

5. The PX7 have slightly better ANC and support quick charge, which is always a plus in my book.

6. Both support multipoint connection, both work great but being able to switch and manage devices is within the app is another plus for the PX7.

7. Design is up to personal taste of course, I like both designs but slightly prefer the PX7 here, too.

All in all, I think the PX7s really are the better allrounder as a headphone, the better overall package. However, the Momentums really sound that much better to me at least that it's still not a very easy decision for me at the moment :)

This was my dilemma, good luck deciding!

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #872 of 2,191
Had a clicking issue on left side start on day 2 or sth like that. Had to be sth loose, as it only happened when I would lift/reposition the earcup, or when applying light pressure from outside, which would reliably cause it.

It went away a week or so later though.

I had that very slight clicking sound for a while when no music was being played, I haven’t noticed it in a while.

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #873 of 2,191
Px7 taken from Amazon Italy, no clicking. I returned them and kept the Momentum 3 simply because this sound better, much better, imho. (it seems to me the sound of the wireless P7, improved)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #874 of 2,191
I'm another who bought some Momentum 3's this week. From the moment they went on it was clear the PX7's would be going back (and not for a replacement pair due to the issues above). They are SO musical and for me far more comfortable.

I have a pair of Bose 700's for travel so I don't need these to have the absolute best ANC. These are for home use - I'm self-employed and work from home so they're really to just cut out any ambient noise around the house from wife/daughter/dog.neighbours/traffic.

The PX7's feel more 'modern' but I didn't like how solid they felt on the head. The pads on the M3's are perfect for me and the leather so so soft.

Easy decision for me. The M3's are keepers.

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #875 of 2,191
I‘m leaning towards returning the PX7s now as well, even though I first thought I would keep them. We still have the regular PX in the house which I gave to the wife. It‘s really a bit bittersweet because I prefer basically everything but the sound about the PX7 compared to the M3s now that I‘ve tested them a bit more thoroughly. The M3s sound fantastic, so good (for a wireless pair of ANC headphones) that I will now keep these instead of the PX7s which is a real shame because the PX7s are so good in many aspects. But ultimately, sound is the most important aspect for me and ANC or the case for that matter isn‘t as I‘m not a frequent traveller. So I can much more easily deal with 17 hours of battery life instead of 30 hours if I on the other hand don‘t have to make compromises or sacrifices in terms of sound quality.

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #876 of 2,191
Funny how everyone is going through the same dilemma. I just boxed up the PX7's to ship out today. The M3's are staying. It was not an easy choice at all. But in the end, the clarity of the M3's was what carried the day. The sound was what was by far the most important factor to me and I had to let it be the deciding factor.

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #877 of 2,191
Funny how everyone is going through the same dilemma. I just boxed up the PX7's to ship out today. The M3's are staying. It was not an easy choice at all. But in the end, the clarity of the M3's was what carried the day. The sound was what was by far the most important factor to me and I had to let it be the deciding factor.

Exactly me feelings.

Still surprised they leak so much sound as neither the PX, the PX7s and also the Momentum 2s didn't leak that much.

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #878 of 2,191
+1 same thing! For me the M3 are also more beautiful, on the head too (which i don't mind)

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #879 of 2,191
I'm another who bought some Momentum 3's this week. From the moment they went on it was clear the PX7's would be going back (and not for a replacement pair due to the issues above). They are SO musical and for me far more comfortable.

I have a pair of Bose 700's for travel so I don't need these to have the absolute best ANC. These are for home use - I'm self-employed and work from home so they're really to just cut out any ambient noise around the house from wife/daughter/dog.neighbours/traffic.

The PX7's feel more 'modern' but I didn't like how solid they felt on the head. The pads on the M3's are perfect for me and the leather so so soft.

Easy decision for me. The M3's are keepers.
I’m similar to everyone else on here. Started with the Momentum 3. Grabbed the PX7, sent the Momentum 3 back due to the PX7 being the better all arounder. Began noticing the sound inconsistencies and poor mic quality of the PX7, picked the Momentum 3 back up to do a more thorough comparison. PX7 went back because the Momentum 3 wins in Sound and Mic Quality. Momentum 3 are my office and home headphones. I have the Bose N700 already, that in my opinion is an even better all arounder than the PX7, for travel. Also have the Airpods Pro. Really disappointing. The PX7 really has the potential to be a one stop shop for Everyday Wireless ANC Portable Headphones which I’ve been in search of for the past few years. I really want to consolidate my headphones. I guess now’s not the time. I also just recently got the Dali io-6 and now I’m trying to decide if it’ll replace my Momentum 3.

Nov 16, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #880 of 2,191
For me it would have been enough that they had less emphasis on the extremes high and more presence in the lower high, 2/6 khz, . Too much hissing and little detail where it's needed. At the M3, on the sound, I have nothing to reproach

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #881 of 2,191
I bought and returned the PX7 as the sound is nowhere near the P7W I was hoping for. I already own the 1000xm3 for flights and commutes. The sound is decent but Im not a fan of the bloated bass. However, the N/C on the XM3 is amazing and worth its weight in gold as I fly regularly for work. I am now looking for a home/office use headphone and I have narrowed down to two choices, both brand new: P7W which i can get for 185 USD or M3 which i can get for 360 USD. 1. which is the better value. 2. which has better SQ, My main criteria is SQ. Thanks

Nov 17, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #882 of 2,191
I’m similar to everyone else on here. Started with the Momentum 3. Grabbed the PX7, sent the Momentum 3 back due to the PX7 being the better all arounder. Began noticing the sound inconsistencies and poor mic quality of the PX7, picked the Momentum 3 back up to do a more thorough comparison. PX7 went back because the Momentum 3 wins in Sound and Mic Quality. Momentum 3 are my office and home headphones. I have the Bose N700 already, that in my opinion is an even better all arounder than the PX7, for travel. Also have the Airpods Pro. Really disappointing. The PX7 really has the potential to be a one stop shop for Everyday Wireless ANC Portable Headphones which I’ve been in search of for the past few years. I really want to consolidate my headphones. I guess now’s not the time. I also just recently got the Dali io-6 and now I’m trying to decide if it’ll replace my Momentum 3.

Did you get a chance to compare Dali IO-6 vs Momentum 3?

Nov 17, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #883 of 2,191
I bought and returned the PX7 as the sound is nowhere near the P7W I was hoping for. I already own the 1000xm3 for flights and commutes. The sound is decent but Im not a fan of the bloated bass. However, the N/C on the XM3 is amazing and worth its weight in gold as I fly regularly for work. I am now looking for a home/office use headphone and I have narrowed down to two choices, both brand new: P7W which i can get for 185 USD or M3 which i can get for 360 USD. 1. which is the better value. 2. which has better SQ, My main criteria is SQ. Thanks

Take this with the pliers, because I rely on the memory for the P7. I only used them 2 days, then they broke and no changes were available, but I remember very well that I loved their sound

Between P7 and Momentum 3 (both wireless) the sound is similar, great bass but not intrusive, immersive dynamics, very high maximum volume. The M3 seems to me more detailed throughout the frequency range . The ear cups are more comfortable and soft on the M3. The battery lasts a little longer on the M3, these also have a sufficient ANC with transparency mode. Finally I find the automatic on/off and smart break very useful. If it's not a problem to spend twice as much take M3

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #884 of 2,191
For those who purchased the Momentum 3’s how comfortable/padded is the headband? Reason is I had the original version (Mk 1’s) way back when and the headband would leave an indentation in my head!! I remember reporting this to a Sennheiser representative at a trade show so hopefully they’ve been listening since then :wink:

Nov 17, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #885 of 2,191
For those who purchased the Momentum 3’s how comfortable/padded is the headband? Reason is I had the original version (Mk 1’s) way back when and the headband would leave an indentation in my head!! I remember reporting this to a Sennheiser representative at a trade show so hopefully they’ve been listening since then :wink:

I didn‘t own the original Momentums, but I owned the Momentum 2s. The new Momentum 3s are way more comfortable than the second generation. I have absolutely no comfort issues with these whatsoever. I don‘t think comfort will be a problem with these for anyone, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back