Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Oct 20, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #392 of 2,191
I assume you mean B&W, but I swapped mine for a replacement pair which doesn't have the issue. The new pair does creak quite a lot though, which the first pair didn't!

I see. Maybe I will try to exchange them then.
Thanks

Oct 20, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #393 of 2,191
I assume you mean B&W, but I swapped mine for a replacement pair which doesn't have the issue. The new pair does creak quite a lot though, which the first pair didn't!

Can you clarify what this rattling is like? It's not just the loose buttons, right? It's only when moving your head? Since I don't hear anything out of the ordinary doing that.

Oct 20, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #394 of 2,191
So so far it looks like the ‘reported’ issues are-

• Loose wiggly buttons
  • Rattling on either ear cup
  • A volume limiter kicking in at higher volumes
  • Creaky hinges
A bit disappointing if these are happening at the asking price. I was deadset on these but now having second thoughts:frowning2:

Oct 20, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #395 of 2,191
So so far it looks like the ‘reported’ issues are-

• Loose wiggly buttons
  • Rattling on either ear cup
  • A volume limiter kicking in at higher volumes
  • Creaky hinges
A bit disappointing if these are happening at the asking price. I was deadset on these but now having second thoughts:frowning2:
Having the same thoughts, might be better to wait for them to tighten up their manufacturing process or QA. If enough people complain about these things on social media I figure they'll have to fix it to compete with Bose and Sony

Oct 20, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #396 of 2,191
Also, does anyone know what the significance of the random tone is during calls? Every once in a while there'd be this like tone "ding dong" kinda harp tone that interrupts the call...I've only had calls through my laptop so far but it was pretty annoying.

Oct 20, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #398 of 2,191
No problems with call. May be laptop related?

Interesting...I mean it's a MacBook Pro and I haven't heard that with other (usually wired) headphones...and it sounds similar to the other tones (cycling through NC mode, power on, etc) on this set. I figured maybe it was letting me know I have a notification but I wasn't getting any...and I don't see anything in the manual about it.

Oct 20, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #400 of 2,191
Has anyone tried using these with AptX low latency? Apparently it supports the new aptx adaptive which goes into a low latency mode when receiving from a low latency transmitter
My PX7s should arrive tomorrow, so I can test them with my Nintendo Switch Bluetooth dongle (which supports LL). I’ll report back.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #405 of 2,191
Can someone who owns a PX7 tell me that they hear a tiny bell when the headphone is on but no music is playing when you shake your head gently.
Its not hard to hear. Its in the left and right ear cup. I suspect ANC needs to be on.... I dont hear it when music is playing unless on very low volume....

Im hesitant to RMA it for something this small, but then again if its a defect, i expect to get a return. Still 10 days to return it here .

Please share me your toughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back