Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Oct 17, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #316 of 2,191
Well, I tried with another iPhone, with an iPad, reset the headphones, but still nothing. Really weird.
I'm having the same problem, app on my S10 Plus asking me to turn on Bluetooth and pair. But the PX7 already connected and playing music. Strangely app on the LG V30 has no issue, it detects and recognise my PX7.
Screenshot_20191017-203021_Headphones.jpg

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #317 of 2,191
Well, I tried with another iPhone, with an iPad, reset the headphones, but still nothing. Really weird.
I had the same issue. Had the old app. Connected fine when I first got them. Shortly thereafter, the app stopped recognizing the headphones. Had to wait on the update to the app. Once I got the update it's been smooth sailing ever since. If you have the latest app update and the latest update for your iPhone and it's still not connecting, I would say try resetting the headphones and disconnecting them from all devices.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #318 of 2,191
I had the same issue. Had the old app. Connected fine when I first got them. Shortly thereafter, the app stopped recognizing the headphones. Had to wait on the update to the app. Once I got the update it's been smooth sailing ever since. If you have the latest app update and the latest update for your iPhone and it's still not connecting, I would say try resetting the headphones and disconnecting them from all devices.
Thanks for your feedback. Already tried to reset the headphones, restart phone, reinstall the app.. but still nothing. I opened a case at B&W support. The thing is the headphones works perfectly, so I hope this is only an app issue.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #319 of 2,191
Really appreciate all the discussion here so thank you everyone.

I am upgrading headphones for the first time since receiving a pair of 2nd hand QC35s four years ago- lots of information to take in but I feel I've sufficiently narrowed it down to this, the Sony XM3, and the Sennheiser M3- the PX7 seems to tick the boxes of audio quality, NC, comfort, and a solid battery life to boot. I dunno, but I can't really think of a reason to pick up any of the other two brands.

If there aren't any known defects that are going to be fixed in the 2nd run of these- then I'll get a pair within the next couple weeks. My only gripe is I live in New Zealand and we won't be getting these, if ever, until next year and/or at double the price. So I'll order from the USA and cross my fingers it doesn't need to be sent back for creaky cups, or clicky volume etc that's being reported in a few posts.

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #320 of 2,191
Best Buy Magnolia near me didn’t have them available to try. Guess the only option is blind buying from amazon and returning if I don’t like them enough. Feels bad.

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #329 of 2,191
What Apps are available for this on the P9. Any for Mac or iOS? Thanks!
If you’re looking for EQ apps for iOS and macOS...

Radsone has a nice player with a very capable EQ built-in: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/radsone-hi-res-player/id917903045. It’s what I use to correct the stock sound signature on the XM3s, and it works extremely well. I know others here also recommend the Onkyo app on iOS; based on my limited experience its UI is a bit more complicated compared to Radsone’s. Both only work with non-DRM’ed media.

On macOS, I like using the Music app’s built-in EQ. I know others like Audirvana and Vox.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #330 of 2,191
If you’re looking for EQ apps for iOS and macOS...

Radsone has a nice player with a very capable EQ built-in: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/radsone-hi-res-player/id917903045. It’s what I use to correct the stock sound signature on the XM3s, and it works extremely well. I know others here also recommend the Onkyo app on iOS; based on my limited experience its UI is a bit more complicated compared to Radsone’s. Both only work with non-DRM’ed media.

On macOS, I like using the Music app’s built-in EQ. I know others like Audirvana and Vox.
Many thanks! I had no idea Music had that. I’ll give it a try. Anything in iOS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back