Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Oct 15, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #226 of 2,191
Those are the looser buttons on mine too. The noise is slight but intrusive even at moderate volumes. It is extremely annoying with the phones on for ANC only (no music), which is something I use quite a lot at the office.

Got it. Fortunately on mine, they don't move with the natural movements of the head.
In your place, I'd definitely get them replaced.

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #230 of 2,191
I'd agree. Or at least the XM3 isn't a very good V. there's not enough treble sparkle to really balance things out. Just sounds like BASS BASS BASS without EQ. Anyway. Gonna see if the closest Best Buy Magnolia store has these either tonight or by this weekend at the latest so I can demo them a bit.

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #233 of 2,191
From Amazon Q&A:
Q: Usb C digital or analogue playback support Hi-Res or lossless quality?

A: Thanks for your question. The USB-C connection when connected up to a computer will allow for 24bit/192kHz playback. The analogue connection will be limited to the host device's output.

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #234 of 2,191
There's definitely a difference in aptx adaptive,hd against the inexplicable only aptx in Senns W3, you can really hear the compression.
Buying the PX7 made me download Neutron today so i can EQ a bit, works fab and i don't regret B&W app not having one, it'll be rubish next to Neutron Player

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #235 of 2,191
I've been using the PX7 for a few days after using the PX for 2 years.
1. PX7 cups are noticeably bigger than PX cups. Sound isolation is better than the PX, but also traps more heat.
2. As other folks noted, it's much more comfortable to wear than the PX. However, I can't notice a significant difference in weight between these two.
3. As other folks noted, the build quality degraded vs. the PX. It still looks awesome, but I don't like the way buttons look and feel - they just look cheap.
4. Vast improvement in sound quality vs. the PX. Much more bass than the PX, but it sounds very organized and punchy. HIghs are clearer than the PX, which sounded somewhat veiled.
5. The carrying case is compact and well built.

I will likely keep mine and sell the PX because of sound quality improvement, but hopefully B&W improves build material quality in the next iteration.

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #236 of 2,191
But surely one of the biggest advantages that the PX7 have over the Sony is the multi point connection, being able to connect to have 2 connection is huge in my book. Like you could be hooked up to your PC whilst retaning your phone connection for incoming calls/messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back