Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Jul 31, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #1,021 of 1,155
Aug 26, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,023 of 1,155
Hi,
Has anyone tried the new Creative BT W4
Thks
Yeah - got mine yesterday. Pairs up fine with aptX Adaptive, running off the iPhone though it draws too much power so has to be used with the camera adapter along with power.

Sounds similar to aptX HD

FDF81716-07A9-4325-92A8-E78C69B04484.png

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #1,025 of 1,155
I'm a new owner of these buds, coming from a pair of Sony WF-1000XM4 with a bad battery (out of warranty, naturally). With the Sonys I would often listen to music from a ZX-507 DAP using LDAC. Unfortunately the known issue with this DAP and these buds mean I can't do the same with AptX-HD despite what the spec sheet says.

Has anyone here tried them with one of the new Sony DAPs (e.g. WM1AM2) yet? I'm considering the DAP upgrade for other reasons and working AptX HD with the PI7 would be a point in favor of it.

I really do enjoy the sound. Equal to or better than the Sonys to my ear, and the fit is better too. The PI7s feel tiny by comparison.

Oct 11, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #1,026 of 1,155
Hi,
Trying to sync left and right earbuds from different sets - and can't make them work together.
Accidentally lost my right earpiece and trying to replace it from the same incomplete set (in fact i have one charging case with the left earpiece and another one with the right one), so I'm trying to combine them into a working set.
Many other TWS can be paired (or re-synced) between different sets, and i was hoping here will be the same. But looks like each earbud is pre-programmed for working only in stock pair. I have tried factory reset and hard reset, but no luck.
Has anyone tried something like this? Or maybe someone knows how to flash/reprogram them?
Any help or hint is welcome.

Oct 12, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #1,027 of 1,155
Hi,
Trying to sync left and right earbuds from different sets - and can't make them work together.
Accidentally lost my right earpiece and trying to replace it from the same incomplete set (in fact i have one charging case with the left earpiece and another one with the right one), so I'm trying to combine them into a working set.
Many other TWS can be paired (or re-synced) between different sets, and i was hoping here will be the same. But looks like each earbud is pre-programmed for working only in stock pair. I have tried factory reset and hard reset, but no luck.
Has anyone tried something like this? Or maybe someone knows how to flash/reprogram them?
Any help or hint is welcome.
When I was unable to sync the left and right earbuds from the same set (see a few pages back), there did not seem to be any way to flash/reprogram them to re-sync once the connection between the two was broken, so I doubt there is any workaround for using a left and a right from different sets. After I sent them back for official servicing, they ended up sending a new set after verifying my issue, so it seems to be difficult to re-pair sets even on B&W's end.

(While this doesn't help in your case, I should report back that I have not had any major problems with the second set so far. The only thing I've been avoiding is using the BT-W3.)

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #1,028 of 1,155
Dekimasu, thanks for reply.
I can confirm that your described case is 100% copy of mine, absolutely the same behavior with two earbuds from different sets - they are shown and connected as two independent BT devices, but with no sync/sound/control between them.
I've asked official B&W tech. support service since they declaring "ability to repair a set with one lost earbud by sending new one" - they told me that earbuds are pre-programmed for each pair and for each charging case. So looks like earbuds are using serial number or mac-address for identification. And having their pins accessible I'm going to find out how they are programmed.
Another interesting moment - in your case they were working well but became un-synced after some time?
I'm very interested in pairing/sync/programming process, i think that there is no any special in this process, and btw i found some undocumented features of earbuds and charging case:
1. Pressing and holding sensor button on earbud for 30 seconds causes 3-tone beep sound
2. Pressing and holding outside button on the charging case for 10 seconds causes green indicator blink once.
(yes, I'm very curious, i know :)).
So I keep looking for a solution just out of curiosity.

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #1,029 of 1,155
Greetings,
I am posting this note to stimulate some discussion on the PI7 S2.
There is a listing to preorder the PI7 S2 at an online vendor. It some limited information which is different than the PI7. My thought is that it is true.

Key Features
  • 9.2mm Hybrid Drivers
  • High-Res 24-bit Audio & aptX Adaptive
  • Adaptive Noise Cancellation
  • Over 20 Hours of Playback with Case
  • Satin Black, Canvas White, Midnight Blue
  • $399 for PreOrder
I sent a note to Bowers and Wilkins and asked for some more information.

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #1,031 of 1,155
Greetings,
There is a listing to preorder the PI7 S2 at an online vendor. It some limited information which is different than the PI7. My thought is that it is true.

Key Features
  • 9.2mm Hybrid Drivers
  • $399 for PreOrder
I hope to god theyve fixed the low volume and much poorer sound over AAC lol.

If the recent px8 are anything to go by, these could rock

Oct 18, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #1,033 of 1,155
I sent an email to Bowers and Wilkins and there is not an estimated time for release. I signed up for their newsletter which will let me know.
Im interested. I ultimately ditched my PI7 for app, due to the transparency mode. If B&W can put a good showing in with transparency I'll switch back, as the PI7 really sounded great. Although they have tough competition with the new APP2 :wink:

Oct 23, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #1,034 of 1,155
Greetings,

Key Features
  • 9.2mm Hybrid Drivers
  • $399 for PreOrder
I just checked this web site again.
The PreOrder has been taken down.
Now the PI7 is $299. Perhaps in anticipation of the PI7 S2

Also, I sent an email to Bowers and Wilkins and asked them about the PI7 S2 and this was the response:

"Thank you for your email and interest in the Pi7 S2 earbuds.

We currently do not have an estimated launch date but if you receive our newsletter, you will be notified when they become available.

If you do not currently receive the newsletter you can sign up on bowerswilkins.com.

Have a nice day."

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #1,035 of 1,155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back