Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Jan 24, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,051 of 1,155
PI7 S2 & PI5 S2 release tomorrow 1/25. Just got a targeted email with a 30% off code registered to me for being a previous purchaser. Buckle up!

Jan 24, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #1,052 of 1,155
PI7 S2 & PI5 S2 release tomorrow 1/25. Just got a targeted email with a 30% off code registered to me for being a previous purchaser. Buckle up!
I also received the email. As an owner of the PI7 ver. 1 I appreciate the discount. but I’m still not sure if an S2 offers enough to make me jump on the good deal. I one of my kids would want my original version I might be able to justify the purchase, after passing the S1 down. And no, my spouse isn’t into headphones :)

Jan 24, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #1,054 of 1,155
I also received the email. As an owner of the PI7 ver. 1 I appreciate the discount. but I’m still not sure if an S2 offers enough to make me jump on the good deal. I one of my kids would want my original version I might be able to justify the purchase, after passing the S1 down. And no, my spouse isn’t into headphones :)
I flipped my first gen a while back because of connection issues. My wife has no understanding of my addiction.

Jan 24, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #1,055 of 1,155
Blimey I got my pi7 off the B&W site but no discount code for tomorrow. Stingy buggers.
Maybe shoot them an email. If you have a registered account, no reason why they can't accommodate you. Worth a shot!

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #1,057 of 1,155
I sent an email to B&W some time back and they told me tha they did not know when the next generation would come out. They suggested I sign up for the newsletter. I did. Nothing has shown up as of yet. The web site still shows gen1: Out of Stock

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #1,058 of 1,155
I sent an email to B&W some time back and they told me tha they did not know when the next generation would come out. They suggested I sign up for the newsletter. I did. Nothing has shown up as of yet. The web site still shows gen1: Out of Stock
Yep, they did the same to me and then today I got the email. The site will most likely show the old version until they flip the new web pages on. Maybe 9pm EST. That's technically tomorrow :santa:

Jan 24, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #1,059 of 1,155
Blimey I got my pi7 off the B&W site but no discount code for tomorrow. Stingy buggers.
I didn't get one either. May be because I kept getting replacements under warranty or (more likely) because I had promotional emails turned off in my B&W account...oops.

One of the reddit users responded to some of my questions and had said there is no EQ, no multipoint and still master/slave so I was planning on just sticking with my current rotation for now. 30% off would be really tempting though.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions though.

EDIT: I think one improvement was the ability to toggle passthrough from the buds now (would be great if someone here could confirm once they get their hands on them). If that is true and the connection issues are fixed, the PI7 S2 could be a great all-rounder and a fantastic sounding choice in a pretty crowded market. Original PI7s had great SQ and decent ANC as well in my opinion.

(I edited my original post because I originally saw @erockg post and immediately assumed I was posting in the TWS thread...back to my Px8s and my work I go...)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #1,060 of 1,155
As long as they still sound as „bad“ as the PI7 did for iOS users, they’re definitely not for me. Also, still just Bluetooth 5.0, still only 5 hours battery per charge…tough sell for 399. The sound quality might be worth it for Android users, IDK, as I’ve never experienced them using Android but I’ll pass this time around.

Jan 25, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #1,061 of 1,155
As long as they still sound as „bad“ as the PI7 did for iOS users, they’re definitely not for me. Also, still just Bluetooth 5.0, still only 5 hours battery per charge…tough sell for 399. The sound quality might be worth it for Android users, IDK, as I’ve never experienced them using Android but I’ll pass this time around.
apparently the volume issue with iOS is fixed, according to a reddit post

Jan 25, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #1,063 of 1,155
I didn't get one either. May be because I kept getting replacements under warranty or (more likely) because I had promotional emails turned off in my B&W account...oops.

One of the reddit users responded to some of my questions and had said there is no EQ, no multipoint and still master/slave so I was planning on just sticking with my current rotation for now. 30% off would be really tempting though.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions though.

EDIT: I think one improvement was the ability to toggle passthrough from the buds now (would be great if someone here could confirm once they get their hands on them). If that is true and the connection issues are fixed, the PI7 S2 could be a great all-rounder and a fantastic sounding choice in a pretty crowded market. Original PI7s had great SQ and decent ANC as well in my opinion.

(I edited my original post because I originally saw @erockg post and immediately assumed I was posting in the TWS thread...back to my Px8s and my work I go...)
I was looking through the manual for the PI7 S2 on B & W website and saw this:

3.3 Ambient Pass-Through Pi7 S2 features Ambient Pass-Through, which allows some external noise from the surrounding environment, such as safety announcements or conversations, to be heard without removing the earbuds. Use the Bowers & Wilkins Music app to enable/ disable Ambient Pass-Through and adjust the Ambient Pass-Through level to suit your needs.

Sadly we still won't be able to switch on Ambient Pass-Through from the buds. That's kind of a deal breaker for me. I love my Pi7 v1s even with the quarks. Not seeing much right now that makes me want to pull the trigger on the S2 outside of the 30% discount.

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #1,064 of 1,155
I was looking through the manual for the PI7 S2 on B & W website and saw this:

3.3 Ambient Pass-Through Pi7 S2 features Ambient Pass-Through, which allows some external noise from the surrounding environment, such as safety announcements or conversations, to be heard without removing the earbuds. Use the Bowers & Wilkins Music app to enable/ disable Ambient Pass-Through and adjust the Ambient Pass-Through level to suit your needs.

Sadly we still won't be able to switch on Ambient Pass-Through from the buds. That's kind of a deal breaker for me. I love my Pi7 v1s even with the quarks. Not seeing much right now that makes me want to pull the trigger on the S2 outside of the 30% discount

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #1,065 of 1,155
I have ordered the Pi7 S2, in the hope they address the issues with the previous gen. 30% off too good to miss, and also I can see myself using the carry case with the PX8 on flights (a journey to SE Asia is coming up mid-March 2023). Once I receive them, happy to share my experiences.
Well I folded and ordered the blue color S2. I could not resist the discount. One of my daughters or son-in-law will soon be sporting the original PI7, in it's not so original case protector. :darthsmile: Anyone know if the S2's charge case is the same size or if the Apple iPhone app. is the same app.?
IMG_9973.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back