Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Jan 27, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #1,081 of 1,155
Does anyone think the S1 will ever be able to use the same app. That the S2 and PX8 use on iPhones?
Nope. They've already stopped selling S1. I've been using the S2 and even though is a small update, I've had zero dropouts and happy with the little bump in battery. The app really isn't that useful. They do not enable as many features for the PI7 S2 as they did with the PX8. Sad. Wish they'd listen and add what we want. Hopefully, there's an PI8 on the way soon and this was a stop gap. I've been burned before by holding my breath :L3000:

Jan 27, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #1,082 of 1,155
Nope. They've already stopped selling S1. I've been using the S2 and even though is a small update, I've had zero dropouts and happy with the little bump in battery. The app really isn't that useful. They do not enable as many features for the PI7 S2 as they did with the PX8. Sad. Wish they'd listen and add what we want. Hopefully, there's an PI8 on the way soon and this was a stop gap. I've been burned before by holding my breath :L3000:
Well I hope the S1 app. at least gets updated for iOS future versions. Meaning it will remain compatible even if no new features ever are offered. I just gifted my S1 to my daughter.

Jan 27, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #1,083 of 1,155
Well I hope the S1 app. at least gets updated for iOS future versions. Meaning it will remain compatible even if no new features ever are offered. I just gifted my S1 to my daughter.
That's very generous of you. Great gift.

Jan 28, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #1,084 of 1,155
I feel like they won't launch a PI8. Apple is the only reason imo B&W/Focal launched high end BT headphones, Apple trailblazed that high end market and made it possible with APM. Thing is the BT buds market seems to top out around the pI7 price, I mean can you imagine £600 bt buds like px8? Would be mad imo

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #1,085 of 1,155
I feel like they won't launch a PI8. Apple is the only reason imo B&W/Focal launched high end BT headphones, Apple trailblazed that high end market and made it possible with APM. Thing is the BT buds market seems to top out around the pI7 price, I mean can you imagine £600 bt buds like px8? Would be mad imo
I too have a hard time imagining that high of a price for future B&W earbuds (or for than matter any brand). Can you imagine just losing one of them would cost more than many would spend on a pair. :ksc75smile: But, I hope B&W continues to develop headphones as I am really enjoying my Px8 and hope to enjoy the incoming PI7 S2.

A bit off your topic but since you mention Apple, it will be interesting to see how the AirPods Pro2 compare to the PI7 S2. I do own a pair of the AirPods Pro2. I am hoping the PI7 S2 will be even better. Note the Px8 certainly sounds better than my AirPods Max IMHO.

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #1,086 of 1,155
Same—very curious to hear how your Pi7 S2 stack up against the APP v2. I think the APP sound quite good and have very impressive ANC. Would love to pick up a pair of Pi7 S2 if their sound signature and presentation is technically great, and different enough by comparison.

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #1,087 of 1,155
Same—very curious to hear how your Pi7 S2 stack up against the APP v2. I think the APP sound quite good and have very impressive ANC. Would love to pick up a pair of Pi7 S2 if their sound signature and presentation is technically great, and different enough by comparison.
I'll certainly do my best to compare and post here. I thought the APP v2 sounded very good, and the ANC is really good. I have my doubts that the PI7 S2's ANC will be as good. If it is, than that would be a plus.

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #1,088 of 1,155
You might be right. This launch is what they did with the PX series, ie launch and S2, but yeah, the cost would be ridiculous.

I’m really enjoying them. Soundstage and tuning is better than my APP2, but of course ANC and transparency better on the APP2. I use the PI7 S2 more.

Jan 28, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #1,089 of 1,155
A bit off your topic but since you mention Apple, it will be interesting to see how the AirPods Pro2 compare to the PI7 S2. I do own a pair of the AirPods Pro2. I am hoping the PI7 S2 will be even better. Note the Px8 certainly sounds better than my AirPods Max IMHO.
Same also interested in this comparison. I use APP2 more than any audio gear at the moment, although for me the sound leaves lots to be desired against even my more budget wired iems, the 7hz timless. If PI7 S2 can cut the difference somewhat and eliminate the low volume on iOS issue with gen 1 im intrigued.

Jan 28, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #1,090 of 1,155
Same also interested in this comparison. I use APP2 more than any audio gear at the moment, although for me the sound leaves lots to be desired against even my more budget wired iems, the 7hz timless. If PI7 S2 can cut the difference somewhat and eliminate the low volume on iOS issue with gen 1 im intrigued.
I just took the APP2 to the Airport to wait in the terminal to wait for my spouse’s arrival. The flight was delayed. Thank God I had the APP2 to drown out the awful background Airport speakers music and crying baby (though a cute baby). It did a decent job, Though I have to say not as good ANc as my Bose plug in earbuds from yore. Musically, the APP2 is very decent, above and beyond the old Bose plug-ins. Frankly speaking I favor sound quality over ANC usually. If the PI7 S2 delivers a little better ANC over the S1 I’ll be very happy, but I don’t expect it.

yet another review.

https://thepcenthusiast.com/bowers-...-s2-in-ear-true-wireless-headphones-released/

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #1,095 of 1,155
And I think it might have been a limited time offer. I don’t remember the details.
Yah, coupon was good for a one-time use and expires 2/28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back