Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Feb 4, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #1,111 of 1,155
Any recommendations tips for PI7s2?

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #1,113 of 1,155
Sorry I mean eartips for better sound quality. I tried spinfit W1 but it seems like not fit with the case.

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #1,115 of 1,155
Good question. Even my AirPods Pro 2 ear tips fit my ears a little better. Im currently using the small stock ear tips from B&W. But I’d happily try some third party tips.
I saw someone recommended cp360.

Feb 5, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #1,116 of 1,155
I found something weird. I did pause the music and do something else for awhile, touch earbud to play again, I heard beep sound with static noise. It just happened if I pause long time. It won’t happen if I pause and play in short time.

Anyone has this static beep sound ?

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #1,117 of 1,155
Have only spent a couple of days with my Pi2 S2 so far, but I'm pretty impressed. Their sound is exactly what I was hoping for from B&W: relatively thick but with nice bass slam and pleasantly clear mids. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, these isolate surprisingly well. I can listen at about 30% volume with ANC on and these seem to suppress outside noise better than even the AirPods Pro 2nd Generation, which is no mean feat. I also find their fit to be very obviously snug, which I appreciate.

I haven't had a chance to test these with my MacBook Pro, but so far they've been mostly stable with my iPad and iPhone. One time I noticed playback breaking up pretty consistently, but that seemed to be alleviated by disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone. I skipped the original generation of these so I can't comment on any wireless resiliency differences there, but these definitely seem like a compelling alternative/compliment to the APP2 for those who prefer a slightly thicker sound.

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #1,118 of 1,155
Have only spent a couple of days with my Pi2 S2 so far, but I'm pretty impressed. Their sound is exactly what I was hoping for from B&W: relatively thick but with nice bass slam and pleasantly clear mids. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, these isolate surprisingly well. I can listen at about 30% volume with ANC on and these seem to suppress outside noise better than even the AirPods Pro 2nd Generation, which is no mean feat. I also find their fit to be very obviously snug, which I appreciate.

I haven't had a chance to test these with my MacBook Pro, but so far they've been mostly stable with my iPad and iPhone. One time I noticed playback breaking up pretty consistently, but that seemed to be alleviated by disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone. I skipped the original generation of these so I can't comment on any wireless resiliency differences there, but these definitely seem like a compelling alternative/compliment to the APP2 for those who prefer a slightly thicker sound.
Great description of sound coming from the PI7 S2! I'll have to compare the ANC with my AirPods Pro 2's. I was planning to take both on a trip just because I thought the ANC on the APP 2 would be better, but also thought the sound quality of the PI7 S2 would be better.

Now I'm looking for a quality case for the battery charging case. I got a cheap one off of Amazon, but the fake leather is bulging with a bad glue job. The PI7 S2 deserves better! :smile_phones:

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,119 of 1,155
The case is definitely a bit of a fingerprint magnet, unfortunately :sweat_smile: Good luck finding a suitable case/cover for it.

But yeah, I do find the weightier sound of the Pi7S2 to be more enjoyable than the very balanced/good sound of the APP2—for me it's a matter of preference, not of outright technicalities. Instrument separation also sounds a bit more convincing on the Pi7S2s, especially with percussion. All of this works very nicely with the passive isolation they provide. No doubt the ANC is much better on the APP2, but the overall sum of suppressing outside noise is more impressive to me with the Pi7S2. Very welcome and honestly unexpected!

Feb 14, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #1,120 of 1,155
Containing to enjoy these immensely despite some weird connectivity hiccups that come and go. The most common issue I experience is having one bud not connect when the other does, which perhaps is due to sometimes fitting the right one before the left one? Not sure exactly how the wireless communication between the buds works, but at least this only seems to happen once every other day or so, and putting them back in the case momentarily seems to fix it.

Went for a walk this weekend and listened to my favorite Prefuse 73 EP The Forest of Oversensitivity with these and was pleased with how they handle the somewhat delicately-layered mids. They do inject a fair amount of bass slam but that doesn’t equate to too much bass to me—more that its impact is increased. I like it as I don’t find it to be muddy.

Only real headscratcher with these is why passthrough is a discrete toggle between noise canceling and off. Was waiting for the shuttle today on my normal commute and couldn’t figure out why every thing was so noisy until it occurred to me that I had ANC on as well as passthrough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Weird decision on B&W’s part.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #1,121 of 1,155
Any recommendations tips for PI7s2?
I grabbed a pair today. The Final E tips sound good - haven’t tried putting them back in the case yet though lol. Certainly better than the OG Pi7 over AAC!

Edit: fit in the case fine with Final E tips (I’m using large)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #1,122 of 1,155
Containing to enjoy these immensely despite some weird connectivity hiccups that come and go. The most common issue I experience is having one bud not connect when the other does, which perhaps is due to sometimes fitting the right one before the left one? Not sure exactly how the wireless communication between the buds works, but at least this only seems to happen once every other day or so, and putting them back in the case momentarily seems to fix it.

Went for a walk this weekend and listened to my favorite Prefuse 73 EP The Forest of Oversensitivity with these and was pleased with how they handle the somewhat delicately-layered mids. They do inject a fair amount of bass slam but that doesn’t equate to too much bass to me—more that its impact is increased. I like it as I don’t find it to be muddy.

Only real headscratcher with these is why passthrough is a discrete toggle between noise canceling and off. Was waiting for the shuttle today on my normal commute and couldn’t figure out why every thing was so noisy until it occurred to me that I had ANC on as well as passthrough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Weird decision on B&W’s part.
Yes and it was the same on the v1. That, and the decision not to allow passthrough mode to be selected as one of the toggle options using the earbud controls, make little sense. They sound and look fabulous, though.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #1,123 of 1,155
Yes and it was the same on the v1. That, and the decision not to allow passthrough mode to be selected as one of the toggle options using the earbud controls, make little sense. They sound and look fabulous, though.
My experience with pi7s1 according to connectivity issues: 1. sometimes seems that the buds has been connected normally to my iphone x but no sound in both of the buds, must put them back to the case and pick them again to fix it, 2. sometimes only the one bud connected and to fix it i do the same back to case and pick them again, 3. also all the time the buds can't stay connected both for 5-10' without listening to something, right bud disconnected and only the left bud is working, when i put them again in the case the red error led opens. Almost 2 years with them, great sound even with ios poor codec, fine build and fit but all the others average and the connectivity behaviour under the average. The most importand thing is that B&W didn't care all this time to fix all these issues, so the question is if it woth it only for the sound signature to give these money.

Feb 15, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #1,124 of 1,155
My experience with pi7s1 according to connectivity issues: 1. sometimes seems that the buds has been connected normally to my iphone x but no sound in both of the buds, must put them back to the case and pick them again to fix it, 2. sometimes only the one bud connected and to fix it i do the same back to case and pick them again, 3. also all the time the buds can't stay connected both for 5-10' without listening to something, right bud disconnected and only the left bud is working, when i put them again in the case the red error led opens. Almost 2 years with them, great sound even with ios poor codec, fine build and fit but all the others average and the connectivity behaviour under the average. The most importand thing is that B&W didn't care all this time to fix all these issues, so the question is if it woth it only for the sound signature to give these money.
Connection issues have certainly improved over the v1s. I have not the issue with buds not connecting to one another with the v2s. I no longer have issue 1 or 2 that you note. I have not had issue 3 either - have had them drop connection, but then reconnect. Only happened one or twice, usually after swapping between devices. So there are definite improvements to connectivity. I have not had the buds drop out on when out and walking, something that happened quite often with the v1s.

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #1,125 of 1,155
Just got my midnight blue PI7 S2's....can confirm the following connectivity issue is still present:
- Can't connect to Sony NW-WM1A via AptX HD. The player "can't connect" to the headphones in this mode. Have to defer to AptX codec. Same as BW PI7 S1

Furthermore, I cannot get BWs own Music app to find and connect to their own headphones.

Such a shockingly poor product. It is worse than my PI7 S1s so these will be going back as there is no benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back