Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #1,141 of 1,155
Hello! Did anyone try to adjust dolby atmos EQ on android for PI7? I have no idea what i'm doing, will appreciate some hints on the settings.

K0KGE7K.png

May 11, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #1,142 of 1,155
Just a follow-up on the Pi7S2 I've had now for a few weeks. I have to say I do enjoy them over my Apple AirPods Pro2 set. I think the B&W have them beaten overall for sound. But, I had to admit for dog walking, and air travel I tend to stick with the AirPods. I do live in the Apple walled garden, the the ease of connection to Apple devices that the AirPods provide are easier on the run IMHO.

For example, today I had to re-boot my MacMini after the left Pi7S2 earbud gave me no sound. I also experienced "static" noise until I rebooted the computer. Maybe it is the MacMini's fault? Well the effort was well worth hanging in there to get the Pi7S2 working well. But, as I've already mentioned sometimes while traveling you really do want effortless device connection.

If you have the Pi7S2 let us know how you like the sound. Any connectivity issues?

May 11, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,143 of 1,155
Just a follow-up on the Pi7S2 I've had now for a few weeks. I have to say I do enjoy them over my Apple AirPods Pro2 set. I think the B&W have them beaten overall for sound. But, I had to admit for dog walking, and air travel I tend to stick with the AirPods. I do live in the Apple walled garden, the the ease of connection to Apple devices that the AirPods provide are easier on the run IMHO.

For example, today I had to re-boot my MacMini after the left Pi7S2 earbud gave me no sound. I also experienced "static" noise until I rebooted the computer. Maybe it is the MacMini's fault? Well the effort was well worth hanging in there to get the Pi7S2 working well. But, as I've already mentioned sometimes while traveling you really do want effortless device connection.

If you have the Pi7S2 let us know how you like the sound. Any connectivity issues?
Agreed. I've actually sold mine now, and am sticking with APP2. I do think the PI7 S2 have a good lead in sound, but the seamless connectivity and transparency mode of the APP2, and the smaller case footprint make them the option for more scenarios. I am an outlier though as i bike with buds in a lot, so transparency is vital to me.

But equally, when making calls i much prefer to have transparency on with APP2 so I can hear my voice and surroundings, on PI7 S2 transparency is such a faff. So while i think B&W made a great effort for those prioritising sound, for me tws are about convenience, and APP2 still sound very good indeed.

May 11, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #1,144 of 1,155

Pi7 v1, big sound, great built quality but all the others (anc, battery life) just average and some times connectivity issues becomes frustating and transparency mode totally useless!
after almost 2 years with it i only enjoy the sound quality.

May 11, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #1,145 of 1,155
Pi7 v1, big sound, great built quality but all the others (anc, battery life) just average and some times connectivity issues becomes frustating and transparency mode totally useless!
after almost 2 years with it i only enjoy the sound quality.
Honestly if i had an aptx hd device and didnt need transparency I'd use the PI7 gen 1 in white and gold. Those were the most gorgeous buds ive seen.

May 20, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #1,148 of 1,155
Hallo Are pi7 headphones better sound than Sennheiser momentum true wireless 2 is it worth changing them ? maybe it's more towards MW08? thank you for your reply, regards
Ive owned all three. The MW08, are in my opinion, very poor earbuds. The Airpods Pro gen 1 have better tonality and equal technicalities imo, to the MW08, the only thing the MW08 does well is bass. The rest of the FR is totally shot to me.

May 30, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #1,149 of 1,155
With the recent B&W (Android and ios) Music app update now supporting the original PI7’s, the Noise Cancelation appears to be working rather well…Time to delete the B&W Headphone app…and “apparently” my Px8 works with the PI7’s case BT (if needed).

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #1,151 of 1,155
Was getting ready for a trip, and couldn’t find the darn things!:scream: I hate to admit it but I do love Apple’s “Find My” for my Apple headphones. I’m thinking of using an Apple AirTag on battery case, but I’m concerned it will screw up the BT connection even with the buds in my ears. I do have a third party carry case for the official battery case. Maybe tag that?

Anyone else use an AirTag with these headphones? If so how?

Nov 29, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #1,153 of 1,155
Nov 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #1,155 of 1,155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back