Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Nov 30, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #1,036 of 1,155
I have a Samsung S22 Ultra, looking for a exciting, V-shaped TW earphone for use out and about. Am going from Sony WF-1000XM4 which if I am honest, dont excite me sonically. Would these fit the bill, or should I look elsewhere?

Dec 18, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #1,037 of 1,155
I just checked and the PI7 is out of stock on the company website and listed as discontinued on another site.
My suspicion is that they are prepping for version 2.
The specs for version two were accidentally released as I submitted in an earlier post.

Dec 21, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #1,038 of 1,155
I'm a new owner of these buds, coming from a pair of Sony WF-1000XM4 with a bad battery (out of warranty, naturally). With the Sonys I would often listen to music from a ZX-507 DAP using LDAC. Unfortunately the known issue with this DAP and these buds mean I can't do the same with AptX-HD despite what the spec sheet says.

Has anyone here tried them with one of the new Sony DAPs (e.g. WM1AM2) yet? I'm considering the DAP upgrade for other reasons and working AptX HD with the PI7 would be a point in favor of it.

I really do enjoy the sound. Equal to or better than the Sonys to my ear, and the fit is better too. The PI7s feel tiny by comparison.
I have Aptx-HD working with the PI7’s from my SONY ZX-507.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #1,039 of 1,155
I hope to god theyve fixed the low volume and much poorer sound over AAC lol.

If the recent px8 are anything to go by, these could rock
Hi

As you have both, PI7 and PX8 , could you please tell me more about the difference/link in sound between them?

I mean I do not expect the same level... they are not the same product category.
But I really like the sound of PI7 , even thinks it is better than my Sony WH-XM4.
I just ordered the PX8, i read some users mentioning a lack of bass.
PI7 doesnt and the sound is awesome.

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

Dec 27, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #1,041 of 1,155
I was an early adopter for the noise canceling BW entry....I have the PX headphones. I only wear them for trips and Covid put a damper on that for sure and I could not justify upgrading from teh PX since I bought them at $399. I initially bought the PI7 and loved them, but teh bluetooth transmission from the case had static. I contacted BW and they offered a replacement of a known issues; I just returned them as it was in the return window.
When looking to buy again, I found there was to be a next gen version which is the reason for me posting in this string.

The PX is a bit heavy and tight on the head. The sound is likely not as good as the PX7 and up, but I own them.

I was excited about the PX8 when announced and was only $150 more, but the actual release showed they were $300 more. Ugh I did not buy them.
I use Sennheiser 599 and Shure 840 at work and home respectively. Yes, wired but sound is great! Shure AONIC 4 with TW1 for the gym. PX for long haul flights.
My frame of reference for sound.

As a sidenote. I just finished a trip to Europe last week. Left the 19th, returned the 24th.
The PX were on my head for the 11-hour overseas flight to and from Heathrow.
No problem. And I think all these newer version as supposed to be better fit and weight than the PX

Cheers to all!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #1,043 of 1,155
Just an update on the PI7.
A few posts back I listed that there was a preorder tab for the PI7 S2. There were some specs as well.
I submitted to be notified when it was available.
Just today I received notice that the PI7 S2 was "discontinued".

There are very few to no PI7s available any longer which led me to believe they have stopped distributing them with anticipation of the next generation.
Not a bad thought but may still be off a bit.

For now, I am sticking with what I have.

Jan 9, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #1,044 of 1,155
Just an update on the PI7.
A few posts back I listed that there was a preorder tab for the PI7 S2. There were some specs as well.
I submitted to be notified when it was available.
Just today I received notice that the PI7 S2 was "discontinued".

There are very few to no PI7s available any longer which led me to believe they have stopped distributing them with anticipation of the next generation.
Not a bad thought but may still be off a bit.

For now, I am sticking with what I have.
Well, I did see announce regarding the PI7 S2.
Some users have them on reddit and shared their experiences.
It was released in HK
The notice you received seems quite weird ...

Jan 9, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #1,045 of 1,155
I finally received the PX8.
I can confirm we are on the same sound signature as the PI7.

The only struggle is that not able to connect them to their music app, a shame with my Xperia Pro-I.... but these are the PX8, not PI7 so won't write any longer about them right here :)

Jan 9, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #1,046 of 1,155
Here is the email

Dear Customer​

Thank you for your interest in the following item:

Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 S2 Noise-Canceling True Wireless In-Ear Headphones (Canvas White)
(B&H # BOPI7CW)

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,047 of 1,155
Here is the email

Dear Customer​

Thank you for your interest in the following item:

Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 S2 Noise-Canceling True Wireless In-Ear Headphones (Canvas White)
(B&H # BOPI7CW)

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
https://www.gamingdeputy.com/fr/les...-cinq-couleurs-avec-aptx-anc-et-deux-pilotes/

https://www.fortress.com.hk/en/product/pi7-s2-headphone/p/BP_12827283

https://post76.hk/news/2022/12/bw-px8-pi5s2-pi7s2/

Weird... but well, I almost prefer this and that they release something more than just an iteration of the PI7

Jan 9, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #1,048 of 1,155
Jan 22, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #1,049 of 1,155
That model wearing the tan px8 in the third link, damn, makes me realise I think they're probably the best looking headphone on the planet to me along with Focal Celestee.

The new PI7 looks worse to me though, the silver highlight is more boring and drab than the old gold

Jan 22, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #1,050 of 1,155
I will buy the PI7 when it comes out. Will wait for a sale of course.
As for the PX8, I have a PX and do not use them enough to get a new set. There should be no doubt that the PX7 and PX8 are better than the PX, but it is hard to pull the trigger as it is a lot of $$$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back