Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Sep 6, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #1,441 of 1,955
how easy is it to switch from one wireless source to another? Does it tell you which device you are connected to?

Nope. They automatically connect to the first paired device, second has to be connected manually. And as to the logic behind switching... I don't really know what gets priority when, I usually keep just one device connected.
Btw they switch on and connect extremely quickly, so a lot of the "switching" can be done by simply turning them off/on.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1,442 of 1,955
Ordered my pair today, waiting to test. These will be my first pair of headphones above 50$ so I think I should be impressed with them, especially taking into account numerous positive things people are saying about em:)

Is there a minimum temperature level below which it's not advisable to use them? Can anything happen to them on cold (below zero Centigrade) apart from battery being drained faster?

And one more question, at least for time being :) Will I have a significant sound quality increase with a portable DAC/amp?
Best not over 212F or -30F.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #1,443 of 1,955
This is obviously about personal preference ultimately, but by chance does anyone have any favorite iPhone EQ settings with these particular headphones? As I posted upthread, I haven't used any EQ in the 9 years I've had iPhones, but the bass-heavy sound with the P7W is disruptive for me with some albums. Vocals in particular are something I want to hear clearly.

I've tried Bass Reducer but it takes out a little too much, and the midrange sounds a little thin. Spoken Word seems a little better on this front but also sounds too "EQ'd" sometimes. To my surprise, the Late Night EQ has an odd appeal to it, but my understanding is that it just compresses everything and it certainly doesn't sound natural.

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #1,444 of 1,955
This is obviously about personal preference ultimately, but by chance does anyone have any favorite iPhone EQ settings with these particular headphones? As I posted upthread, I haven't used any EQ in the 9 years I've had iPhones, but the bass-heavy sound with the P7W is disruptive for me with some albums. Vocals in particular are something I want to hear clearly.

I've tried Bass Reducer but it takes out a little too much, and the midrange sounds a little thin. Spoken Word seems a little better on this front but also sounds too "EQ'd" sometimes. To my surprise, the Late Night EQ has an odd appeal to it, but my understanding is that it just compresses everything and it certainly doesn't sound natural.

just use manual EQ and tried adjusting the Bass region to level that to you would sound best.

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #1,446 of 1,955
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #1,447 of 1,955
Sep 7, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #1,448 of 1,955
OK...I fully realize this is probably a dense question, but Bluetooth technology is new to me. So these P7s have aptX...right? As best I can tell, my phone (LG G5) is aptX equipped and my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab E) is not aptX. Both connect, but what might the phone with aptX provide in performance that the tablet may not...or would they be the same.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #1,449 of 1,955
aptX = better quality, lower latency
that's it in a nutshell.
It could sound perfectly fine to you even without aptX, or it can sound awful. I found that with some old badly encoded MP3s it's unbearable with SBC but fine with aptX, newer high quality tracks sound mostly the same to me.
I think you'll be perfectly fine even without aptX.

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #1,450 of 1,955
I've had my P7's for a couple of weeks now and I'm experiencing some issues. The P7's no longer play the on/off/paired-sounds and it wont turn off automatically after 10 mins of inactivity. I've tried the reboot without success, anyone have any clue what this is about?

Found the solution for the sound problem, must have accidentaly disabled it, the always active problem persists though.

edit: Did a second reboot and everything is back to normal, might have had some muted program in the background or something.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #1,452 of 1,955
I have and it had me stumped for a while - you need to press the 'play' and 'volume up' buttons at the same time, whilst they're on, to turn the sounds back on again.
I realize this is from a while ago but thanks! I have been trying to figure this out for a week and just found this post. Maybe I can bother you for another question. I am trying to plug my P7s into my Mac with the Bowers & Wilkins Bluetooth Utility App running to update them, but when I do, nothing happens. I made sure the headphones are on too when I plug them in. Any ideas?

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #1,454 of 1,955
Had this for a week and pretty satisfied with the overall sound quality.
However there's excessive boomy bass. I can EQ it down in PowerAmp music player, but that approach cannot work for every app (eg. YouTube).

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #1,455 of 1,955
Had this for a week and pretty satisfied with the overall sound quality.
However there's excessive boomy bass. I can EQ it down in PowerAmp music player, but that approach cannot work for every app (eg. YouTube).
Does YouTube audio quality really warrant a good headphone? I'm asking as my past experience with YouTube is that the audio quality is okay, but I don't consider it a real audio source. It isn't that I think it is poor, for me I wouldn't go to YouTube for audio that I cared about so I could live without it. Maybe I'm missing something and I should try it more often?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back