Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
May 3, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #3,916 of 5,212
Meant to ask you…what is this thing on the headband? Is it to keep it clean or does it add extra padding?
Mostly to keep it clean. I have one for each of my HP, unless the headband is replaceable.

May 3, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #3,917 of 5,212
Hey Everyone,

I am new to Hi fi Headphones but not new to B&Ws speakers.

Just picked up the PX8 & I’m in love with design & sound clarity so far. Decided on the px8 over the AirPod max after spending 4 months looking at reviews online.

I am having a problem connecting them to the Bowers & Wilkins music app. Music app keeps saying “we’re looking for your products” Headphones say ready to connect (flashing blue light) but app isn’t finding them. Has anyone had a problem with connecting them to app using apple products?
They are showing up on the Bluetooth device list in my IPhone 14 & iPad so I can still use them. It’s really annoying that I can’t get the app to connect with headphones though.
I tried factory reset & reinstalling the app with no change.
App version is 2.1.5.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Did you press the button on the headphones as instructed? You could try removing it from the phone and pair through the app as well.

May 4, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #3,918 of 5,212
Did you press the button on the headphones as instructed? You could try removing it from the phone and pair through the app as well.

As I pointed out above, they're using the old headphones app that only works with legacy models.

They need the Music app for the PX8

May 4, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #3,919 of 5,212
As I pointed out above, they're using the old headphones app that only works with legacy models.

Not sure they are. They say their app is version 2.1.5 which is the same version as my app.
Quick look at the play store shows the wrong headphones app at version 3.1.7 so I think that assumption is incorrect.
Not sure what the issue is though. Would suggest trying to pair with an android device to check if it's an iOS issue or a headphone one and contact support as suggested above.

May 4, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #3,920 of 5,212
Not sure they are. They say their app is version 2.1.5 which is the same version as my app.
Quick look at the play store shows the wrong headphones app at version 3.1.7 so I think that assumption is incorrect.
Not sure what the issue is though. Would suggest trying to pair with an android device to check if it's an iOS issue or a headphone one and contact support as suggested above.

There are 2 Bowers & Wilkins apps, which are you using, the one named Music, or the one named Headphones?

May 4, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #3,922 of 5,212

We obviously interpret the part in bold very differently:

"I am having a problem connecting them to the Bowers & Wilkins music app. Music app keeps saying “we’re looking for your products”

May 5, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #3,923 of 5,212
The more i think about it the more the extra £100 for the bond/mclaren editions seems a bit much. The classic colours are already so well done, that's just such a big chunk extra for what is really just another colourway with nothing particularly special.

It definitely should be the same price. But both specials are really nice IMHO.

Don’t you shame me for spending 100 extra dollars just so it could match the orange on all my Tennessee gear… gosh it sounds even more rational when I say it out loud but whatever you only live once

I remember your photo of them with the folded clothing. You surely did the right thing in getting the Mclaren.

For some reason the Mclaren edition seems somewhat more justified to me, as it is pretty unique and exclusive looking. But the Bond colourway could imo easily have been a stock colour with the other two.

Still saving up for them. My favorite color is blue.

May 5, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #3,924 of 5,212
Been rediscovering these this week, thought I should tidy up some of my wireless cans so have been doing a bit of a shootout; these, H95’s and Aonic 50 are my clear favourites.

I mostly keep ANC on these days and have pretty much settled on -1.5 db bass and +0.5 db treble for my EQ. Very happy with them with these settings and mostly find myself using either my Px8 or Aonic 50s at home depending on my mood. Bluetooth has certainly come a long way.

As me, you both have and use the A50. I’ve only tested the PX8 for a few short minutes in a busy airport environment. So really couldn’t assess the improvements.

In short, should I upgrade? Why or why not?

Meant to ask you…what is this thing on the headband? Is it to keep it clean or does it add extra padding?

It’s a zippered neoprene sleeve. I also use one on my A50. You can get it on AliEx for really cheap. I have a shaved head so it’s mostly for headband longevity and a little added comfort.

May 6, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #3,926 of 5,212
Glad to see the PX8 love still going strong. I sold mine (at a depressing financial loss) hence my lack of contribution for a while now. I miss this thread though 😢
You don’t have to be an owner to be in this thread. At this point we are all just a weird conglomeration of audio weirdos, talking and a nearly 300 page thread. We’re basically the Px8 subreddit at this point.

May 6, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #3,927 of 5,212
As me, you both have and use the A50. I’ve only tested the PX8 for a few short minutes in a busy airport environment. So really couldn’t assess the improvements.

In short, should I upgrade? Why or why not?

It’s a zippered neoprene sleeve. I also use one on my A50. You can get it on AliEx for really cheap. I have a shaved head so it’s mostly for headband longevity and a little added comfort.
I don’t have the Shure’s in front of me to AB test them at the moment, but I did have them at one point, and from what I remember… It really depends on what sound signature you like. The Px8 is definitely going to be warmer. There is going to be a lot more bass.

May 6, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #3,928 of 5,212
Ever since I have been using the PX8's, I have not been using my Focal Clear MG's hardly at all. Its not that the PX8 is better, its just that when I need to use headphones, it is usually when I am moving around the house like cleaning the kitchen, traveling, or going for a walk. Anytime I really want to use my Clear MG's is only when I can't play music through my Focal Aria speakers because its late or someone is watching TV in the next room.

May 7, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #3,930 of 5,212
How would you say the PX8 compare to the P7 (no 'x') from a sound signature perspective?
They are similar in having the B&W house tuning but with PX8 you get more detail in the treble, more defined bass and overall I think ”more of everything”.

Sold mine only due to two issues:
- discomfort. Headband pressure and ear pad pressure.
- noise floor/ hiss was very audible when listening to music on lower volume. Not great with e g acoustic music.

Other than that I very much enjoyed them and have not heard better from B&W until now with the PX8. In comparison PX8 are a little bit better at everything, plus a lot more detail. Also very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

• AnnR
Back