Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Apr 28, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #3,901 of 5,215
Just wanted to report back from my six months of ownership.
I have owned all of the B&W headphones to date except for the original P5s1.
I have tried or owned a handful of Focal headphones including Bathys.
I also own a pair of open headphones that cost three times as much as PX8. (Hifiman Arya)
I listen mainly sitting at my desk (home) when working, or walking around the house doing chores, or when travelling (air/train).
Even when at my desk, I find myself reaching for PX8 more often than Bathys or Arya. Arya is a great and technically superior headphone, but it just doesnt offer the same ease of listening, the same warm signature and the comfort of PX8. Also there is the cable. And the fact that PX8 allwos me to multipoint to both an iDevice and my computer, and take calls without taking them off.

I have now sold my Bathys. They are good but just didnt get any listening time here. I took them on a trip and was disappointed with them as a travel companion. PX8 is smaller, better ANC and overall just more versatile.
Will sell my old Sony XM3.
And probably sell my Aryas...

All in all, I am super happy with the performance of the PX8. Real home run.
I find I'm doing the majority of my listening via the PX8s too, ably supported by the Pi7 S2 when out and about in wet weather.

Apr 28, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #3,902 of 5,215
Just wanted to report back from my six months of ownership.
I have owned all of the B&W headphones to date except for the original P5s1.
I have tried or owned a handful of Focal headphones including Bathys.
I also own a pair of open headphones that cost three times as much as PX8. (Hifiman Arya)
I listen mainly sitting at my desk (home) when working, or walking around the house doing chores, or when travelling (air/train).
Even when at my desk, I find myself reaching for PX8 more often than Bathys or Arya. Arya is a great and technically superior headphone, but it just doesnt offer the same ease of listening, the same warm signature and the comfort of PX8. Also there is the cable. And the fact that PX8 allwos me to multipoint to both an iDevice and my computer, and take calls without taking them off.

I have now sold my Bathys. They are good but just didnt get any listening time here. I took them on a trip and was disappointed with them as a travel companion. PX8 is smaller, better ANC and overall just more versatile.
Will sell my old Sony XM3.
And probably sell my Aryas...

All in all, I am super happy with the performance of the PX8. Real home run.
One of the biggest things that I have found with the Px8 is that it doesnt punish me for listening to trash mixes. Shakily recorded iPhone live video from a concert of an artist I love? Fine. Badly mixed master? Also fine. The bathys punished badly mixed music and these don’t and it’s perfect for that.

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #3,903 of 5,215
I've actually been using my PX8 a lot more recently as well. It truly is an excellent headphone even if not perfect. I do have a quick question for you fellow PX8 users. Do you all do most of your listening with ANC on or off? I've been going back and forth trying to decide which mode I prefer for the sound. With ANC on, the sound is slightly warmer/veiled. The bass is clearly bigger. Off you get a little more transparency to my ears, but you lose a little of the excitement the extra bass provides. Thoughts?

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #3,904 of 5,215
I've actually been using my PX8 a lot more recently as well. It truly is an excellent headphone even if not perfect. I do have a quick question for you fellow PX8 users. Do you all do most of your listening with ANC on or off? I've been going back and forth trying to decide which mode I prefer for the sound. With ANC on, the sound is slightly warmer/veiled. The bass is clearly bigger. Off you get a little more transparency to my ears, but you lose a little of the excitement the extra bass provides. Thoughts?
I go back and forth and also mainly keep the eq at stock or with +0,5dB treble. I mean, it is easy enough to adjust the bass if you think it needs more with ANC off, or the other way around. But overall it makes sense to use ANC when out and about and that is where the extra bass is needed.
Although they are not exactly anemic with ANC off, either.

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #3,905 of 5,215
Always on. Never touch the anc/transparency button tbh. App is set to -0.5 bass +0.5 treble.

Edit: as I said before, listening on qobuz with my android phone (so AptX adaptive) sounds less veiled to me than Amazon music (or Spotify which is worse again).

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #3,906 of 5,215
The more i think about it the more the extra £100 for the bond/mclaren editions seems a bit much. The classic colours are already so well done, that's just such a big chunk extra for what is really just another colourway with nothing particularly special.

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,907 of 5,215
The more i think about it the more the extra £100 for the bond/mclaren editions seems a bit much. The classic colours are already so well done, that's just such a big chunk extra for what is really just another colourway with nothing particularly special.
Don’t you shame me for spending 100 extra dollars just so it could match the orange on all my Tennessee gear… gosh it sounds even more rational when I say it out loud but whatever you only live once

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #3,908 of 5,215
Hey Everyone,

I am new to Hi fi Headphones but not new to B&Ws speakers.

Just picked up the PX8 & I’m in love with design & sound clarity so far. Decided on the px8 over the AirPod max after spending 4 months looking at reviews online.

I am having a problem connecting them to the Bowers & Wilkins music app. Music app keeps saying “we’re looking for your products” Headphones say ready to connect (flashing blue light) but app isn’t finding them. Has anyone had a problem with connecting them to app using apple products?
They are showing up on the Bluetooth device list in my IPhone 14 & iPad so I can still use them. It’s really annoying that I can’t get the app to connect with headphones though.
I tried factory reset & reinstalling the app with no change.
App version is 2.1.5.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #3,909 of 5,215
Don’t you shame me for spending 100 extra dollars just so it could match the orange on all my Tennessee gear… gosh it sounds even more rational when I say it out loud but whatever you only live once
For some reason the Mclaren edition seems somewhat more justified to me, as it is pretty unique and exclusive looking. But the Bond colourway could imo easily have been a stock colour with the other two.

Apr 29, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #3,910 of 5,215
Been rediscovering these this week, thought I should tidy up some of my wireless cans so have been doing a bit of a shootout; these, H95’s and Aonic 50 are my clear favourites.

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #3,911 of 5,215
I mostly keep ANC on these days and have pretty much settled on -1.5 db bass and +0.5 db treble for my EQ. Very happy with them with these settings and mostly find myself using either my Px8 or Aonic 50s at home depending on my mood. Bluetooth has certainly come a long way.

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #3,912 of 5,215
Worth the extra $100? probably not. But I do appreciate the orange accents~~ more so than I did initially.
Black is still classy~~

I mostly keep the ANC off, unless I'm traveling. IME, sound isolation is darn good even w/o ANC. 20230430_135629.jpg

May 3, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #3,913 of 5,215
Hey Everyone,

Just picked up the PX8 & I’m in love with design & sound clarity so far. Decided on the px8 over the AirPod max after spending 4 months looking at reviews online.

I am having a problem connecting them to the Bowers & Wilkins music app. Music app keeps saying “we’re looking for your products” Headphones say ready to connect (flashing blue light) but app isn’t finding them. Has anyone had a problem with connecting them to app using apple products?
They are showing up on the Bluetooth device list in my IPhone 14 & iPad so I can still use them. It’s really annoying that I can’t get the app to connect with headphones though.
App version is 2.1.5.

You need the Bowers & Wilkins Music app - not the Headphones one.

May 3, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #3,914 of 5,215
Worth the extra $100? probably not. But I do appreciate the orange accents~~ more so than I did initially.
Black is still classy~~

I mostly keep the ANC off, unless I'm traveling. IME, sound isolation is darn good even w/o ANC. 20230430_135629.jpg
Meant to ask you…what is this thing on the headband? Is it to keep it clean or does it add extra padding?

May 3, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #3,915 of 5,215
Hey Everyone,

App version is 2.1.5.

I had problems with my first set connecting the App to the headphones. I had to end up exchanging them after working with the support team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back