Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Sep 20, 2022 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5,134

frdtitan

Head-Fier
Greetings! I haven't seen a thread created for the Bowers and Wilkins PX8 yet, but figured since we're extremely close to release I'd create one.

I was able to pre-order the PX8. It does look like stores are starting to get SKU's in. Here's what I was able to find:

-Colors available are Black and White/Tan (I chose the White/Tan).
-Expected ship date is 1st or 2nd week of October.

I can try to update this as we get closer and more information becomes available.

Sep 20, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 5,134
Glad you started this thread as I am very interested in hearing more about this headphone. My present intention is to order one upon release, or soon there after. Curious as from which dealer you pre-ordered, but would understand if you don't want to divulge that info.

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 5,134
Glad you started this thread as I am very interested in hearing more about this headphone. My present intention is to order one upon release, or soon there after. Curious as from which dealer you pre-ordered, but would understand if you don't want to divulge that info.
No problem at all!

I pre-ordered from World Wide Stereo. You'll have to call them though since it's not currently available on their website to pre-order.

Sep 20, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 5,134
Sep 20, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 5,134
If you click on the source link in the tweet, you'll see one disassembled with near every part shown and measured.

Sep 20, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 5,134
Dang those look nice. Premium indeed.
The arms have a slight titanium look about them which wouldn’t surprise me given that would help weight wise and B&W have played with exotic headband materials before with the composite fibre on the original PX7.

Definitely nice to see B&W return to a premium construction with authentic materials.

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 5,134
The arms have a slight titanium look about them which wouldn’t surprise me given that would help weight wise and B&W have played with exotic headband materials before with the composite fibre on the original PX7.

Definitely nice to see B&W return to a premium construction with authentic materials.
Yeah, the aesthetic blends well. I wish there were pics of the White/Tan :frowning2:.

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 5,134
Sep 20, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 5,134
Is the PX7 S2 using the same chip as well?
Not sure but what is interesting is the Qualcomm docs say that SoC is only qualified to BT5.1 yet both the PX7S2 and PX8 which passed BT certification at the same time a while back are both certified for BT5.2!
I’d imagine the PX7 is probably using exactly the same hardware platform as the PX8 although they’ll have tweaked the DSP and possibly using different drivers too.

I think the common understanding is B&W only launched the PX7 first due to supply shortages for the PX8 - I suspect based on the common instruction manuals and certifications that they’d originally intended to launch both together, and B&W had to make a commercial decision on which to prioritise

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #15 of 5,134
Not sure but what is interesting is the Qualcomm docs say that SoC is only qualified to BT5.1 yet both the PX7S2 and PX8 which passed BT certification at the same time a while back are both certified for BT5.2!
I’d imagine the PX7 is probably using exactly the same hardware platform as the PX8 although they’ll have tweaked the DSP and possibly using different drivers too.

I think the common understanding is B&W only launched the PX7 first due to supply shortages for the PX8 - I suspect based on the common instruction manuals and certifications that they’d originally intended to launch both together, and B&W had to make a commercial decision on which to prioritise
I'll admit I'm not too keen on the different typed of chips, but very good analysis!

Sure did definitely seem though that the PX8 was going too/supposed to launch alongside the PX7 S2.

I miss my PX7 S2. Had to return it because the right ear cup at random spiked in volume which was terrible lol. Returned it and they were out of stock. So I figured I'd just wait for the PX8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back