Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Sep 27, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #31 of 5,138
Thanks for posting that info, but while the hifi-port link works, and translates well to English, the first link (two sites?) doesn't link.
Strange. When I try to paste the direct link https://www.complex.com/style/bowers-and-wilkins-px8 I get a 404, suggesting it’s now been taken down. It’s the first PX8 hit I get on Google though and still seems to work that way. The carbon cone was really the only info it had.

Sep 27, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #32 of 5,138
Strange. When I try to paste the direct link https://www.complex.com/style/bowers-and-wilkins-px8 I get a 404, suggesting it’s now been taken down. It’s the first PX8 hit I get on Google though and still seems to work that way. The carbon cone was really the only info it had.
Yeah, no longer working for me now either. They were pretty quick to take it down.

Well we got the:

Carbon Cones
9/28/22 availability
Major app update

The rest we'll have to wait I suppose.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #33 of 5,138
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #35 of 5,138
Am contemplating doing the same. Currently the ML5909 caters for all my wireless needs, but both the T+A Solitaire T and the PX8 keep triggering me 😁

Sep 28, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #36 of 5,138
Took a chance on pre-ordering the white/tan version as a replacement for my PX7 which developed a ticking sound in the right ear-cup. Hopefully they are good enough to replace my Shure Aonic 50 as primary office headphones and and Sony XM5 on most travels. If they have similar dynamics and detail to my P9s with a bit more neutral tuning and slightly better ANC than the PX7 then I will be very happy.

Sep 28, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #37 of 5,138
Am contemplating doing the same. Currently the ML5909 caters for all my wireless needs, but both the T+A Solitaire T and the PX8 keep triggering me 😁
I just ordered the PX8. The MLs still fall within the return timeframe haha

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #38 of 5,138
I just ordered the PX8. The MLs still fall within the return timeframe haha

Let us know your impressions especially when compared to the ML

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #40 of 5,138
Well this confirms it, it's a S2 with different drivers and more leather :) so as tempting as it is, I know comfort (for me) won't be the best with the relatively small ear cups.

Maybe they'll release a PX9 next year that's even bigger :)

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #41 of 5,138
How much of a concern is the "No aptX Lossless Audio codec support" to everyone?
None. I can't hear the difference 🤣

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #42 of 5,138
The difference is theoretical ... Only perceivable by people with the most acute hearing capabilities.

This is what Qualcomm are saying: The new aptX Lossless will be part of the aptX Adaptive suite of technologies and will feature as part of the overarching Snapdragon Sound tech from Qualcomm. That means it can be activated when the wireless (RF) conditions are at their best, streaming 1Mbps over Bluetooth

So theorectically APTX Lossless has a higher bandwith than APTX HD, therefore theoretically offering better sound quality. APTX Lossless is also the new top end of the APTX Adaptive scheme, with standard APTX at the bottom end and APTX HD in between. APTX Adaptive however can dynamically up- and downscale, whereas HD is fixed.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/headpho...-aptx-lossless-wireless-audio-codec-explained

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #43 of 5,138
Well, that's quite a last minute price hike. I believe it was what, $549 when announced a month or two ago? My dealer pre-ordered for $549 as well. But for $699? These better blow the PX7 S2's away lol.

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #45 of 5,138
How much of a concern is the "No aptX Lossless Audio codec support" to everyone?
Not a big deal IMO. I find aptx-HD is good enough get rid of most of the compression artifacts that annoy me and is good enough for the environments where I would us a set of ANC headphones. The difference between wired over USB and aptx-HD was noticable on older models, but not massive or a dealbreaker IMO. I use an older walkman (nw-45a) or an iphone so getting aptx lossless would require me to upgrade the source as well which I'm not interested in doing as my current sources serve their purpose well.

Tbh. I am more worried about apple coming out with a high quality or lossless codec which would make the iphone suitable as a main source for wireless high quality headphones. The current AAC codec has artifacts that limit my continuous listening to 1-2 hours at most, but a higher bitrate codec could reduce my need for a dap for wireless headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back