Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #16 of 5,138
Looks like physically the PX8 is the exact same dimensions as the S2, so no larger earcups. To be expected, but disappointing.

Sep 21, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #17 of 5,138
Looks like physically the PX8 is the exact same dimensions as the S2, so no larger earcups. To be expected, but disappointing.
Yeah, agreed.

I'm still waiting for more information on the new driver. Can't seem to find anything on it.

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #20 of 5,138
Screenshot_20220923-203438_Facebook.jpg

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #21 of 5,138
Some people said they recieved an email announcing the PX8 with more details. Unsure if it was intentional or not, but it was also in German. I'll try to find and post it if I can.

Sep 25, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #23 of 5,138
@frdtitan I saw in your first post that you chose the White/Tan model that you are going to purchase. I am leaning towards the same white/tan PX8 but my only concern is in keeping the white portion of the headband and ear cups clean. I'm not a grease head, but was wondering if this might be an issue? I have a set of AKG 702's and of course they are a dark material. The PX8's would be my first in a lighter color configuration, but they sure look sharp like that, from the one single photo I've seen posted.

Sep 25, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #24 of 5,138
@frdtitan I saw in your first post that you chose the White/Tan model that you are going to purchase. I am leaning towards the same white/tan PX8 but my only concern is in keeping the white portion of the headband and ear cups clean. I'm not a grease head, but was wondering if this might be an issue? I have a set of AKG 702's and of course they are a dark material. The PX8's would be my first in a lighter color configuration, but they sure look sharp like that, from the one single photo I've seen posted.
I've thought about that as well. I guess time will tell. I did remember seeing these small cloth wraps you can put on the headbands to protect them from that.

Sep 25, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #25 of 5,138
But yeah the white/tan looks amazing. Good contrast.

Sep 27, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #27 of 5,138
Last edited:
Sep 27, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #28 of 5,138
Think they jumped the gun publishing this. They confirm the new driver cone material is carbon. Light on any other additional info though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www.complex.com/style/bowers-and-wilkins-px8

Full breakdown here, google translate needed:

https://hifi-port.ru/threads/bowers-wilkins-px8-flagmanskie-besprovodnye-naushniki.1530/
Incredible find! Also looks like they'll be available to purchase...tomorrow lol.

Premium materials, carbon drivers, sounds like this will be a very well rounded, premium wireless headphone.

Sep 27, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #29 of 5,138
Looks like another major update to the app tomorrow as well.

Sep 27, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #30 of 5,138
Think they jumped the gun publishing this. They confirm the new driver cone material is carbon. Light on any other additional info though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www.complex.com/style/bowers-and-wilkins-px8

Full breakdown here, google translate needed:

https://hifi-port.ru/threads/bowers-wilkins-px8-flagmanskie-besprovodnye-naushniki.1530/
Thanks for posting that info, but while the hifi-port link works, and translates well to English, the first link (two sites?) doesn't link.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back