Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Apr 21, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #5,133 of 5,138
Just curious , listening to Tidal which should give you lossless sound I believe , did you try the test posted by streetbeat and if so how did you score ?
FOMO
I confess that with my aging ears, I just go for the best of everything (within my budget), for fear of missing out. Then I can avoid these types of tests.

I find that the recording/mixing quality is more noticeable than any other factor. I have lost my patience with poor recordings.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #5,134 of 5,138
FOMO
I confess that with my aging ears, I just go for the best of everything (within my budget), for fear of missing out. Then I can avoid these types of tests.

I find that the recording/mixing quality is more noticeable than any other factor. I have lost my patience with poor recordings.
Totally agree the recording/mixing quality is the most important and one of the disadvantages of better equipment is that I can't be bothered to listen to poor Production tracks or albums that I probably used to quite enjoy . For me the value of tests such as the one we are discussing is it convinces me I can't tell the difference between true lossless sound and what I get over Bluetooth with my iPhone and PX8 so no point (for me) in going to any trouble or expense to get true lossless sound . I would be willing to go to the trouble and expense (within reason ) if I could demonstrably tell the difference .

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #5,135 of 5,138
at the end I went for the tacky option xD
I think it looks really nice in person. The gold is subtle and the burgundy color is not too bright or pink
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I really like the way they sound, more than when I tested them along with the PX7s2
Relaxed but not muffled, nice sense of space around the instruments...
Now I have to hope that the battery will be fine and that the headband will not fall apart : D

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #5,136 of 5,138
I think it looks really nice in person. The gold is subtle and the burgundy color is not too bright or pink

I really like the way they sound, more than when I tested them along with the PX7s2
Now I have to hope that the battery will be fine and that the headband will not fall apart : D
I've had mine for a week or so and have been using them for a few hours per day at work. I've really enjoyed them, they sound great to me and are very comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #5,137 of 5,138
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Enjoy! And may thy headband NOT chip and shatter 😅

And talking about the headband, I may have found a non-invasive fix, I'll say more in one week, see if it's effective.

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #5,138 of 5,138
Just arranged for my second replacement pair of PX8 to go in for the headband fix or replacement (estimated at 2 weeks). Fortunately the original guarantee is still valid as well as the replacement guarantee!

A pity about this issue, they're great-sounding headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back