Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
May 11, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #3,946 of 5,215
I’ve been doing a lot of non listening research and just ordered the PX8s. So many factors to consider, and SQ is number one (with ANC and wearability up there. If price was no option I’d go for the T&A Solitaires, but there is no way I can justify spending $2k on ANC wireless headphones. Even though the PX8s don’t operate in passive mode they seem like the best all rounders for my purposes. Fingers crossed they live up to my expectations.

May 11, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #3,947 of 5,215
I’ve been doing a lot of non listening research and just ordered the PX8s. So many factors to consider, and SQ is number one (with ANC and wearability up there. If price was no option I’d go for the T&A Solitaires, but there is no way I can justify spending $2k on ANC wireless headphones. Even though the PX8s don’t operate in passive mode they seem like the best all rounders for my purposes. Fingers crossed they live up to my expectations.
Although I sold my PX8s on, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Very engaging sound and premium feel. ANC and wearability are strengths too in my opinion. Agree with you on the Solitaires - insane money for bt cans.

May 11, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #3,948 of 5,215
Although I sold my PX8s on, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Very engaging sound and premium feel. ANC and wearability are strengths too in my opinion. Agree with you on the Solitaires - insane money for bt cans.
Thanks, I appreciate your post. I am curious why you sold them.

May 11, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #3,950 of 5,215
I bought PX8 earlier this week and have been very impressed so far. Just fix the bass bloat for indoors use in the B&W app (I use -2.5db) and sound is surprisingly balanced without further EQ. Build quality is great, better than all B&O headphones I have owned before. Comfort is lovely, ears actually fit inside the cups unlike most other BT headphones. My main headphone rig is $40,000 total and I can listen happily with PX8. Never happened before with portable headphones and I have tried plenty BT and wired with DAPs (no IEMs, my ears can't handle them).

May 12, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #3,951 of 5,215
Just fix the bass bloat for indoors use in the B&W app (I use -2.5db) and sound is surprisingly balanced without further EQ.
Seems like after a bit of burn in -3db for bass and +0.5db for treble is more balanced now.

May 12, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #3,952 of 5,215
Seems like after a bit of burn in -3db for bass and +0.5db for treble is more balanced now.
My PX8s just arrived. Great build quality, comfort and appearance. Bluetooth hookup to my iPhone 12 Pro and A&K SE180 was relatively painless, as was the software update. Agreed that out of the box the bass and treble need eq'ing (for my tastes, anyway). I've got the bass at -4 and treble at +2.5. Even though un-eq'ed the bass is overpowering, it's pretty tasty. Wired to the SE180 there is a noticeable improvement. So far so good.

May 12, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #3,953 of 5,215
I’m surprised that I can use the USB C line out from my A&K SE180, also that in that mode I have no control over the volume in that mode. 3.5 to USB C sounds pretty good, understanding the onboard dac reduces the resolution from what the DAP puts out.

May 13, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #3,955 of 5,215
As a complete and total aside to all of this… Curious question for the group because I’m bad at doing research into this stuff. Does anyone know of any companies planning to release any high end ANC cans this year? Any updated models or anybody throwing their hat in the ring? Last year we were spoiled with the 5909 and the Px8 and the Bathys but so far 2023 has been pretty quiet. Who’s got the news? Lol

May 13, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #3,956 of 5,215
As a complete and total aside to all of this… Curious question for the group because I’m bad at doing research into this stuff. Does anyone know of any companies planning to release any high end ANC cans this year? Any updated models or anybody throwing their hat in the ring? Last year we were spoiled with the 5909 and the Px8 and the Bathys but so far 2023 has been pretty quiet. Who’s got the news? Lol
Can't believe you're already thinking about your next pair! I guess once you've tried every colour variation it's time to move on 😁

May 13, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #3,957 of 5,215
You know after the rave reviews Audeze Maxwell is getting I could see them popping out an ANC can. They've surely done most of the legwork with Maxwell, now they just need to add ANC.

May 13, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #3,959 of 5,215
Are those not for gaming? I always assumed gaming headphones would be tuned completely differently than those designed for music.
I’ve yet to figure out how that actually works or how they’re tuned. I want to try them because every streamer I watch on YouTube or twitch where is a gaming headset even if they are listening to music on Stream or reacting to a Videos so clearly the sound quality has to be good

May 14, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #3,960 of 5,215
It appears the Dyson zone is a real product that I can buy now for $1000… Maybe I should try that next.
IMG_0938.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back