Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 2, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #1,592 of 5,212
Looks like something KEF could have done... But I dont have a clue, and they are probably made in China anyway.

MacBook Pros, iPhones AND px8 are made in China.

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #1,593 of 5,212
But speaking only about sound quality, and without EQ (meaning using only factory sound), I think, from my memory, that probably I preferring the APM than px8. I prefer the P7W more than px8 because the P7W (that I still owning) is more correct in tonal balance (less far from neutral than px8) and in my case more comfortable than px8. I remember comparing the P7W to APM and in that time I preferring the APM sound only by very, very little.

I must correcting my post above about my preference of the APM sound more than the px8 without EQ. I think I prefer the px8 because I remember now that I have a problem with the APM's mids (the mids is very important for me) that don't sounding really ok, a little recessed, and that is NOT happening with px8. I remember from that time that I preferring the P7W treble and mids but not the bass. So, I think that if I have right now APM and px8 (without EQ) together for comparison is very probably I choosing the px8.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #1,595 of 5,212
Just got my Px8 and tried to listen to it using my headphone amp and files from pc . Annoying ready to connect voice wouldn't go away. Any method to get rid of it ?
Didn't have any problems with H95 , but then again these don't have those stupid voice announcements

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #1,596 of 5,212
I think is now a good time for writing a new post about my opinion of the px8 after almost 2 weeks and almost 50 hours listening time, and also when is some animosity from some members here because I don't always saying the px8 is perfect in every category.

The very more important number one thing, the sound: The px8 is, in my opinion, without doubt, one of the best ANC headphones in sound quality today. I'm enjoying the sound very, VERY much all this time (specially with my different EQ preferences with small changes). For me the top 3 headphones today in sound quality (without EQ), and in not a specific order of preference are: 5909, px8 and Bathys. All this 3 headphones are having different very strong audio aspects in different ways. Today, for my necessities and my preferences, the px8 is my preference.

So, after almost 50 hours with px8 comfort is little better (is taking 2 weeks 5 or 6 years ago with the p7w), and very good for several hours (my max so far is 4,5 hrs), and user experience is better too, meaning the 30-32 volume steps is really so great, and now I'm pressing more often the exact button I need pressing (play/pause or next/previous track), and this is so important for me, but still not perfect but very better than first 3-4 days. I'm sure is will be little better in next weeks.

Te design is really very nice (not completely perfect for me, a little less bling bling is my preference) and construction quality is first class. The travel case is excellent and discreet in appearance, perfect. Cables quality can be little better (like h95 or specially the unique 5909 cables, but they aren't so bad really, and definitely not terrible or so cheap like the cables in the 100€ more expensive Bathys)

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #1,597 of 5,212
Just got my Px8 and tried to listen to it using my headphone amp and files from pc . Annoying ready to connect voice wouldn't go away. Any method to get rid of it ?
Didn't have any problems with H95 , but then again these don't have those stupid voice announcements
just hook them up to your phone or something.

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #1,598 of 5,212
So, after almost 50 hours with px8 comfort is little better (is taking 2 weeks 5 or 6 years ago with the p7w), and very good for several hours (my max so far is 4,5 hrs), and user experience is better too, meaning the 30-32 volume steps is really so great, and now I'm pressing more often the exact button I need pressing (play/pause or next/previous track), and this is so important for me, but still not perfect but very better than first 3-4 days. I'm sure is will be little better in next weeks.
Maybe you have shared this already, but are the proximity sensors working for you? Mine work well for pausing music when removing the headphones, but not at all the other way around.

I raised this to my local B&W distributor (the one and only exclusive one in Scandinavia) and their response was basically that "well our demo pair seems to operate like yours, so not a fault on your specimen or your ears or head shape. It will probably be fixed with a firmware update by B&W". This may or may not be the case but it bugs me on a $699 product, especially as the cheaper and older PX and PX7 worked perfectly for me.

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #1,599 of 5,212
Maybe you have shared this already, but are the proximity sensors working for you? Mine work well for pausing music when removing the headphones, but not at all the other way around.

I trying this the first 2 days only and with the 3 different settings, and just like majority of people here, isn't working correctly. Is a pity, really, because I like this feature very much when is working fine (like in my 2 pairs of AirPods/Pro. Strange, and not a good thing honestly for a product in this price category. But, like majority of people here, the other good/great aspects of this headphone are compensating for this strange fault.

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #1,600 of 5,212
Since I'm still pondering wether to keep the Px8 I dug out my APM today, which I rarely use -- another reason why I'm still considering if the Px8 is allowed to stay: I already have a not quite cheap wireless over-ear headphone lying around mostly unused...

And interestingly I have to admit that the APM caters more to my personal preferences soundwise than the Px8. The APM offers a bit more treble (though I still think there's a slight tendency to hardness in the upper mids) and digs down deeper more freely. Mids on the Px8 are nice, bit I'm missing treble a bit, at least in direct comparison which doesn't say much about everyday use since it tends to exaggerate minor differences. The APM also feels more spacious to me, where the Px8 is more intimate. This is with both connected to an iPhone using AAC obviously, my main use case.
Have you tried a bit of EQ as @angelom and others have suggested?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #1,602 of 5,212
Nov 2, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #1,604 of 5,212
So after reading up on the reviews of the top BT headphones, I went to the store wanting to fall for the Bathys while being certain I'd end up with the 5909 given what I thought was the sound I preferred and my type of music (classical and jazz). I walked out with the Px8 with a smile on my face. The musicality and enjoyment for me was not even close with the other two, while still being as good technically. I also thought it was the most comfortable of the 3, given my bigger than normal head, the foam is just luxurious and the clamping force just right. I chose based on bluetooth sound, now I'm finding out it's really good with USB connection. You really have to try before making a decision if possible, no better way to do it and the whole process is reward in itself whichever you end up getting.

Nov 2, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #1,605 of 5,212
Ok, so today I starting new listening session and only after about 20 seconds I hearing again "battery low" message and 6% battery remaining, same percentage like end of session last night.

After 1 hr and 5 mins I hear "battery low" message again and immediately after this the headphone is switching off with 5% remaining (I see the percentage 5 mins before this). I try turning on again, and I hear is sound that is connecting but is disconnection again immediately.

So, I getting in total of 44 hrs and 12 mins with my use (95% with no ANC or transparency on and volume with average of 55%).

So, the first "battery low" message is when is 9%, the second is after 2 hrs when is 6%, then after 1 hr (at 5%) new same message but headphone dying immediately.

So, my suggestion is that, if you aren't paying attention to battery levels, start charging after first or second message. But I personally always recharging after about 30% battery remaining because I don't like my devices having very low battery levels.
I always believed it is good practice to charge lithium batteries long becore they get too low, and tend to try to keep my px 7, and my mobile phone, between 35 - 85%. I have heard that running a battery too low can lead to early disintegration and greatly lowers the life expectancy of the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back