Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline
Mar 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,052 of 2,108
  Did you guys see that redonkulous out of this world steam-punk build? For aesthetics, that's the best I've seen.

confused.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #1,055 of 2,108
  yep. I didn't want to be the one to link off to a blog. You know - head-fi history and all.

I just follow a minimum number of threads, thus not aware of the history you are talking about. Would be a pity if I got banned for linking to that blog though. I mean those builds should provide inspiration for anyone wishing to build a Bottlehead kit. Especially the Coppermine Crack which is absolutely phenomenal.

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #1,056 of 2,108
I think they'll only ban if you link to content from a banned member NwAvGuy's blog - 'he who shall not be named'. Idk, I've gotten in trouble for something like that. I'll probably come back and edit this out in a minute, lol.

Edit: "We do not allow posts to be made on their behalf of banned members (like, for example, posting posts they make on their sites over here; and/or asking them questions, and then posting their responses here), nor links to be posted to the websites of banned members." - Joe (admin).

I sure hope Joe isn't banned :wink:.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #1,057 of 2,108
I just follow a minimum number of threads, thus not aware of the history you are talking about. Would be a pity if I got banned for linking to that blog though. I mean those builds should provide inspiration for anyone wishing to build a Bottlehead kit. Especially the Coppermine Crack which is absolutely phenomenal.
I was being a bit facetious. :innocent:

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,059 of 2,108
FWIW, I don't think there is a global prohibition on linking to other audio sites, just a select few including nwavguy's now inactive blog and a few other headphone forums which were formed by certain groups of former head-fiers.  

Highflyin's blog isn't add supported, doesn't appear to attack any head-fi admins or sponsors, and isn't related to any apparent for-profit enterprise.  I assume it is fair game.  That said, if I'm wrong/if you do make an oopsie in linking something that's not allowed, the mods just send you a short PM notifying you that your post has been edited per HF's policy.  I don't personally love the censorship, but they're pretty gracious about enforcement.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,060 of 2,108
Mar 30, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,063 of 2,108
Say Lachlan I have been wondering how the HD800 review of yours that was in the pipeline is coming along?

I noticed you had tagged a little on the end of the Mainline review on your website Passion for Sound (by he way the new site is looking good).

http://passionforsound.lachlanfennen.com/ 

I had been thinking about trying some planar's with the Sex but The HD 800 price has taken a bit of a tumble due to the weaker Euro and with the Mainline due to arrive soonish (good things come to those who wait)  my interest in the HD800 has been rekindled.

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #1,064 of 2,108
I had  hd800 with my crack and hated them,  really disappointed  maybe with certain types music and the high quality files their good but not for me..... sold them after a month....to me the hd600 and crack are miles better (my style of music)  the things had no bass what so ever  and the intimate  in your head sound was gone, thin sounding and no weight ...expensive mistake!  need a better amp  
deadhorse.gif

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd800-en-audiophile-headphones.html    had  a trade in ...where you traded any old sennheiser headphone and they gave you  £150 off !!  , I traded  an old batted pair of hd280's 

I can't see the deal no more now , maybe phone them up and ask,  you get the 10 year warranty with club orpheus ( if thats still going?)

should say I find it hard to adjust to any headphone now ... years with the hd600 :) 

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,065 of 2,108
  I had  hd800 with my crack and hated them,  really disappointed  maybe with certain types music and the high quality files their good but not for me..... sold them after a month....to me the hd600 and crack are miles better (my style of music)  the things had no bass what so ever  and the intimate  in your head sound was gone, thin sounding and no weight ...expensive mistake!  need a better amp  
deadhorse.gif

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd800-en-audiophile-headphones.html    had  a trade in ...where you traded any old sennheiser headphone and they gave you  £150 off !!  , I traded  an old batted pair of hd280's 

I can't see the deal no more now , maybe phone them up and ask,  you get the 10 year warranty with club orpheus ( if thats still going?)

should say I find it hard to adjust to any headphone now ... years with the hd600 :) 

I own a T1 with Crack and it's a perfect combo. 

I don't own the HD800 but I too dislike them with the Crack. I much prefer them with a Mainline (which I also do not own). 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back