Bose Triport Thread
Nov 18, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #361 of 422
Do I smell sarcasm in this thread?
rolleyes.gif

Nov 18, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #362 of 422
A Classic Thread Revisited.

Someone should mention those In Ears now.
blink.gif

(cough)

Nov 19, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #363 of 422
How's the comfort of the TriPorts? Is it as good as the QC2/3's (Which I've heard are REALLY comfortable)?

I don't just smell sarcasm, I'm drenched in it.

Oh, and Bose means: The fidelity of musical instruments will be compressed, descompressed, slammed with a hammer and thereafter eaten by a snake, before the snake dies, it's rotting corpse leaves behind distorted 60 Hz notes and is then swallowed by the Bose.

Bose, a creature of miniscule, angular shape. It eats dead snakes, and spits out their internal notes, paying more attention to bass and really shrilly highs than anything else. Such a creature is liked by the masses, though...God knows why.

Nov 20, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #365 of 422
ok guys, this is a real review off audioreview.

Review 1 of 20

Price Paid: $220.00 from Bose store, Latrobe

Summary:
For some reason there seems to be many with a grudge against Bose. Why this is so I'm not sure, maybe its because of their relentless advertising, perhaps the fact they don't release technical specifications on their products or perhaps (most likely) it's just a case of tall-poppy-syndrome. Obviously your always going to a pay a bit more for a brand like Bose but in this case I think the extra money (AUD$220) was definately worth it. I am always sceptical of those who bag out there products, I find it to hard believe you wouldn't try out a system beore you bought it, especialy at this price, and if you were dissapointed with the results obviously you wouldn't purchase them. I suspect many people who simply dislike Bose as a brand for whatever reason haven't even purchased or tried their products. These are extremely comfortable headphones, with soft suede padding covering the earcups, and they also block out external noise quite effectively.

Strengths:
These headphones bass reproduction is second to none. It is somewhat understated, in order to achieve a more overall balanced setup. Indeed Bose states in the products manual not to turn on Bass Boost features on your personal audio device as this can spoil the fine tuning the Headphones have been given in order to produce the most balanced sound. The temptation when purchasing headphones is to go for the pair with the most powerful bass, unfortunately this often drowns out other elements of the song. These headphones have a clearly defined, low bass, but at a volume that does not detract from vocals or any other elements in the song. The Phones also have a gold-plated jack, however this doesn't make any difference if you own an Ipod like me as they don't have gold-plated inputs. The headphones can only reproduce great sound if you have enough deail in your songs, for this reason if you own an Ipod I reccomend importing CD's using Itunes lossless format (Edit, Preferences, Advanced tab, Importing tab). It takes up more space but you won't lose any of the song detail from your CD's, and this is the best way to enjoy your headphones to their full potential.

Weaknesses:
Obviously the price is a little steep, but apart from that there is very little to complain about. The headband seems to be a source of frustration for many customers, however I've had no problems with it so far. The thinness of the band can cause it to be a little uncomfortable at the top, however this is somewhat nullified by the padding in this area. The only other complaint I have is that the headphones don't come with a carry case like the more expensive Quite Comfort 2's. You do get a drawstring carry bag, but this really offers no protection to the phones, so you have to be extremely careful when taking them places, and it can also make storing them quite difficult.
They can also drain the batteries in Ipods a liitle quicker than your normal, in ear headphones

Similar Products Used:
Many Sennheiser headphones in the same pricerange

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Lets start a who pissed themselves reading this ticker.
me +1

seriously though, i was in a target today, for some reason unknown to god, and saw these and thought, are they really that bad. well i plugged the display model into my archos 504, and started cracking up, drawing stares from the target employees. one came up and asked if something was wrong, and i asked him what he thought of the headphones. his response?
"they are the greatest i have heard"

that made me laugh at his face, politely of course, i took some 60 dollar sennheisers off the shelf and plugged the triports and then the senns in, and the other guy just walked away shaking his head. i am a total headphone newbie, but even i know these thinks suck rudolphs balls.

Nov 20, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #366 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok guys, this is a real review off audioreview.

Review 1 of 20

Price Paid: $220.00 from Bose store, Latrobe

Summary:
For some reason there seems to be many with a grudge against Bose. Why this is so I'm not sure, maybe its because of their relentless advertising, perhaps the fact they don't release technical specifications on their products or perhaps (most likely) it's just a case of tall-poppy-syndrome. Obviously your always going to a pay a bit more for a brand like Bose but in this case I think the extra money (AUD$220) was definately worth it. I am always sceptical of those who bag out there products, I find it to hard believe you wouldn't try out a system beore you bought it, especialy at this price, and if you were dissapointed with the results obviously you wouldn't purchase them. I suspect many people who simply dislike Bose as a brand for whatever reason haven't even purchased or tried their products. These are extremely comfortable headphones, with soft suede padding covering the earcups, and they also block out external noise quite effectively.

Strengths:
These headphones bass reproduction is second to none. It is somewhat understated, in order to achieve a more overall balanced setup. Indeed Bose states in the products manual not to turn on Bass Boost features on your personal audio device as this can spoil the fine tuning the Headphones have been given in order to produce the most balanced sound. The temptation when purchasing headphones is to go for the pair with the most powerful bass, unfortunately this often drowns out other elements of the song. These headphones have a clearly defined, low bass, but at a volume that does not detract from vocals or any other elements in the song. The Phones also have a gold-plated jack, however this doesn't make any difference if you own an Ipod like me as they don't have gold-plated inputs. The headphones can only reproduce great sound if you have enough deail in your songs, for this reason if you own an Ipod I reccomend importing CD's using Itunes lossless format (Edit, Preferences, Advanced tab, Importing tab). It takes up more space but you won't lose any of the song detail from your CD's, and this is the best way to enjoy your headphones to their full potential.

Weaknesses:
Obviously the price is a little steep, but apart from that there is very little to complain about. The headband seems to be a source of frustration for many customers, however I've had no problems with it so far. The thinness of the band can cause it to be a little uncomfortable at the top, however this is somewhat nullified by the padding in this area. The only other complaint I have is that the headphones don't come with a carry case like the more expensive Quite Comfort 2's. You do get a drawstring carry bag, but this really offers no protection to the phones, so you have to be extremely careful when taking them places, and it can also make storing them quite difficult.
They can also drain the batteries in Ipods a liitle quicker than your normal, in ear headphones

Similar Products Used:
Many Sennheiser headphones in the same pricerange

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Lets start a who pissed themselves reading this ticker.
me +1

seriously though, i was in a target today, for some reason unknown to god, and saw these and thought, are they really that bad. well i plugged the display model into my archos 504, and started cracking up, drawing stares from the target employees. one came up and asked if something was wrong, and i asked him what he thought of the headphones. his response?
"they are the greatest i have heard"

that made me laugh at his face, politely of course, i took some 60 dollar sennheisers off the shelf and plugged the triports and then the senns in, and the other guy just walked away shaking his head. i am a total headphone newbie, but even i know these thinks suck rudolphs balls.

Well, at least give the guy credit to suggesting to import music in a lossless format. Not that it'll help out the Triports in any way.

Nov 20, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #367 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by spencexxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I checked out the Triports at Karstadt here in Liepzig Germany a few weeks ago. It was the setup with the matching sexy CD player. Well, the CD player didn't work so I plugged it into my Iriver (with SRS and WOW set to the Maxxxx of course!).
Unfortunatly, the right driver was on the fritz, but just the rich-creamy-balanced-tonaly-accurate-timbre-neutral-balance-comfort-intuative analytical-resolved-audiophile-engineered sound in my left ear was enough to whiten my teeth and cause my left testicle to swell to twice it's normal size with powerful man-seed! I can only imagine the aural bliss that would go along with a totally undefective model! Anyone ever seen one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the triport Smiley:
frown.gif

EDIT: He's clearly sad because his Triports are out for repair, and he misses them dearly...

Hahaha...classic. Best thread ever...

Nov 20, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #369 of 422
[size=xx-large]Die Thread Die![/size]

I hate anti-BOSE fanboys. They're almost as bad as BOSE fanboys
rolleyes.gif

Nov 20, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #370 of 422
I finally tried a pair of Triports set up in a Target store the other day. I only listened for a few minutes. They sounded better than most people make them out to be, but that's not necessarily saying much considering the reputation they have here! They were comfortable, but felt too flimsy. Overwhelming bass and lacking highs. The mids were ok. Not the worst cans I've ever heard, but the price is sickening.

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #371 of 422
Well, I guess everyone knows now NOT to put your Bose headphone in you sig if you are the proud owner of one.

I walked into Best Buy before Xmas and saw someone listening to a Bose In-Ear. They continued to take it out after a minute and exclaimed "WOW!! These are the best headphones I have ever heard in my entire life!! I'm buying a pair for me, my wife, and my son."

WAY TO GO, BOSE MARKETING MACHINE!!! It's as effective as Nazi propoganda was, maybe more so.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #372 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WAY TO GO, BOSE MARKETING MACHINE!!! It's as effective as Nazi propoganda was, maybe more so.
rolleyes.gif

I guess my buddy was right; the longer a thread goes on, eventually something will be compared to a Nazi.

And for future reference, it's propaganda.
wink.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #373 of 422
Suck on it, Bose.
bose.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back