Bose Triport Thread
Aug 19, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #331 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
The "waveguide technology" refers to long intestine inside the radio

Exactly, and we all know what comes out of an intestine...

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #332 of 422
After the tryout from Apple store, I couldn't resist the comfort it was giving. I got mine from the local Bose store next day, chicks there to assist me were supportive, yet very hot. I kept my pair for about a week, and the next thing I knew, was back in that store. I chose ath-a700s over triports, and I just can't seem to understand my action until today.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #333 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by hdfonelover
After the tryout from Apple store, I couldn't resist the comfort it was giving. I got mine from the local Bose store next day, chicks there to assist me were supportive, yet very hot. I kept my pair for about a week, and the next thing I knew, was back in that store. I chose ath-a700s over triports, and I just can't seem to understand my action until today.

How were the TriPorts? Could you be more specific on why you didn't like them?

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #334 of 422
Azure is ever the Bose fanboy...

damn funny lines there, people
k1000smile.gif

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #335 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Azure is ever the Bose fanboy...

damn funny lines there, people
k1000smile.gif

No, I'm just really fair-minded and don't mindlessly flame products (Especially those I haven't tried myself) and companies, unlike other people here.

Am I the only person here who can maturely talk about BOSE products? There's too many anti-BOSE fanboys here.

How's the comfort of the TriPorts? Is it as good as the QC2/3's (Which I've heard are REALLY comfortable)?

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #336 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
No, I'm just really fair-minded and don't mindlessly flame products (Especially those I haven't tried myself) and companies, unlike other people here.

Am I the only person here who can maturely talk about BOSE products? There's too many anti-BOSE fanboys here.

How's the comfort of the TriPorts? Is it as good as the QC2/3's (Which I've heard are REALLY comfortable)?

This is an appreciation thread. Please take your questions somewhere else.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #337 of 422
Actually, I have tried the Bose triports myself, even before I came to head-fi. Heck, even before I knew abotu headphones. I liked the comfort, but I wasn't impressed enough with them to warrant their price. If they were $50, I'd consider them.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #338 of 422
LOL owned
biggrin.gif

My god, today my peer brought in a Bose Soundwave system or wtv that bad thing is, and I complained that the sound sucked, and she said, "It doesn't suck; it's Bose."

And guess what...it totally sucked. Something one can barely describe even as 'muddy bass' with no highs or mids...yet everybody liked it except me
plainface.gif

I got the last laugh when it started to distort on the low bass notes...so funny.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #339 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
If Jahn had two bullets and was in a room with Bose, Hitler, and Stalin he'd shoot Bose twice.

I can see how some might find that in bad taste, but OMG I just spit up a cup of kool aid laughing so hard.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #340 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
This is an appreciation thread. Please take your questions somewhere else.

Actually, asking questions is pretty common in appreciation threads on these forums.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #342 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure

The price/performance is truely diabolical, thus they come in for a good natured grubbing on headphone-related forums.

If you made a car that cost $100,000 in which everything was made of cheap plastic, just about everything broke, and it was slow and had miserable handling it would likewise get a grubbing on forums about cars. Well one would hope. This isn't to say that there wouldn't be people who really liked said $100,000 car of course, but that doesn't change the fact that it'd be worthy of a grubbing.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #343 of 422
I actually kinda like my Triports, they have slowly become my favorite portables
smily_headphones1.gif
I even sold my ER-4P because it wasn't getting any use. IME the Triport can be listened to for hours without fatigue, and are very comfortable. They are nowhere close to being audiophile cans, but are better than other closed cans that I've tried in the pricerange.

BTW, my year old pair hasn't broke yet! *fingers crossed*

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #344 of 422
I picture the Bose Triports as a $100,000 car that has two decently comfortable seats but can not reach over 50MPH and uses 50 gallons of gas to reach those 50MPH.

And yes, I actually HAVE used the Triports, several times in fact. I have a friend who had a pair, he now uses a pair of Sennheiser 280 Pros.

Those who think the Triports sound good generally just have never heard a decent headphone before it. This is where Bose marketing comes to play, they pitch themselves as high end and charge a high end price, therefore people think they are getting high end, which is not the case at all.

Aug 19, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #345 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
If everyone else does it does that make it right?

If nobody else has complained about it, if it continues to happen today, and you're the only one who sees something wrong with it, then yes (Perhaps we should consult a moderator on this issue for further clarification?).

Do the TriPorts improve with amplification (Would you say that using them unamped would be a reasonable way to test out whether they are for you or not? Judging that they are aimed for mainstream, I'd think them to be rather efficient, but I'd just like to make sure.)? With what rigs have you guys used your TriPorts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back