Bose On-Ear Vs. Audio Technica ATH Series
Dec 12, 2010 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

suhaybh

100+ Head-Fier
After a frantic mission to find a comfortable pair of headphones without much opportunity in the way of actually trying them out I have managed to narrow down my selection to two headphones. Based on general ebay prices, considering I live in Canada, these headphones are in the right range of about $115 tops. 

My question is simple: Which is more comfortable for using over long stretches of time? The Bose On-Ear Headphones or the Audio Technica ATH A700/AD700/500? If I can wear these headphones for 24 Hours a day without any discomfort, then those headphones will be the ones I purchase. Also I understand that bose has worse audio quality by far. I am not an audiophile and will not be running an amp to these headphones. I am perfectly happy using my headphones straight from a computer or iphone. 

Finally if there are any other headphones in that price range (eBay or suggested retail) that are considered to be comfy please do let me know. Thanks.

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 4
The Audio-Technicas. The AT's are around ear, and the Bose are On-Ear and will make your ears hot and feel pressed after awhile.

The AT's can suffer from being too loose, though, if you have a small head

You may also consider the HD555 for a tighter, around ear fit, although I preferred the AD700 in both comfort and sound.

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
After a frantic mission to find a comfortable pair of headphones without much opportunity in the way of actually trying them out I have managed to narrow down my selection to two headphones. Based on general ebay prices, considering I live in Canada, these headphones are in the right range of about $115 tops. 

My question is simple: Which is more comfortable for using over long stretches of time? The Bose On-Ear Headphones or the Audio Technica ATH A700/AD700/500? If I can wear these headphones for 24 Hours a day without any discomfort, then those headphones will be the ones I purchase. Also I understand that bose has worse audio quality by far. I am not an audiophile and will not be running an amp to these headphones. I am perfectly happy using my headphones straight from a computer or iphone. 

Finally if there are any other headphones in that price range (eBay or suggested retail) that are considered to be comfy please do let me know. Thanks.

Hey!

To be honest, it depends. On-Ear Headphones do tend to become uncomfortable over a long time (in my opinion), so I would chose the around ear headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back