Bose AE2 vs Creative Aurvana Live!
Jun 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #16 of 22
So I got the Bose AE 2 on Wednesday and have had a chance to listen to them. So far-
Of course they are extremely comfortable, build quality seems quite good. Detachable cable and pads are a nice option.

Sound. As other have said, does have a bit of a mid scoop but is quite pleasing to listen to, the sound is clear.

The only thing that I'm sorting through now is the sound of the bass. It's weird, it's certainly not bass heavy by any means but you do sometimes have this low end rumble. It's like it actually recreates the REALLY low notes (sub) better than higher frequency bass. So on electronica or jazz they sound great. But on say 60's and 70's rock recordings you hear the impact of the bass more than the actual note of the bass itself. Not a sound I'm quite used too.

Overall I do like them but giving them a real good listen for awhile to see if it's something I want to keep or return.

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:
The only thing that I'm sorting through now is the sound of the bass. It's weird, it's certainly not bass heavy by any means but you do sometimes have this low end rumble. It's like it actually recreates the REALLY low notes (sub) better than higher frequency bass. 

Yeah you probably could have somewhat predicted this from the FR graphs obobskivich linked you. Notice the huge trough around 300-700hz compared to the CAL!'s much smoother bass curve.

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
So I got the Bose AE 2 on Wednesday and have had a chance to listen to them. So far-
Of course they are extremely comfortable, build quality seems quite good. Detachable cable and pads are a nice option.

Sound. As other have said, does have a bit of a mid scoop but is quite pleasing to listen to, the sound is clear.

The only thing that I'm sorting through now is the sound of the bass. It's weird, it's certainly not bass heavy by any means but you do sometimes have this low end rumble. It's like it actually recreates the REALLY low notes (sub) better than higher frequency bass. So on electronica or jazz they sound great. But on say 60's and 70's rock recordings you hear the impact of the bass more than the actual note of the bass itself. Not a sound I'm quite used too.

Overall I do like them but giving them a real good listen for awhile to see if it's something I want to keep or return.

Thank you. I will be watching this thread in case you post something again in the future. Thanks.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Yeah you probably could have somewhat predicted this from the FR graphs obobskivich linked you. Notice the huge trough around 300-700hz compared to the CAL!'s much smoother bass curve.

This is true but I'm a novice when it comes to frequency graphs so while I'll get that there is a dip, I'm not sure what that dip will sound like to me (as far as how severe I will notice, and what a dip exactly in the bass frequency would sound like ). In other words I have lots of learning to do and comparisons.

That said for about the last 3 days I have been constantly burning them in and now the bass seems to be a bit smoother-in that I'm hearing a little more of the notes than just the impact. It's obviously still there but seems toned down. It's enough that I can enjoy the music and not get distracted by the sound now.     

Users who are viewing this thread

Back