bored of dt-250
Mar 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sancco

New Head-Fier
I love my DT-250's, but I'm getting a bit bored of them.  I thought I might try out something a bit more lively.  I've tried Sennheiser and I find their sound like somebody switched on the Rock equaliser.  Quite hollow in the mids.  I've tried ATH-M50 and they sound amazing but on poor recordings they sound god awful.  Also I imagine they get quite uncomfortable after a while.  I have a big head.  The ATH-AD700's look of interest, but I can't find anywhere in Sydney I could try them out.  Has anyone got any suggestions on places or headphones?

I currently use an ASUS Essence STX and iTunes.  Mostly listen to rock, trance, metal, hip-hop.

Biggest concerning factors are comfort, sound and price.

Also, does anybody else find that switching back and forth from different headphones/speakers really make you overly aware to each device's shortfalls?  I'm sure if I listened to nothing but my DT-250's for a month I wouldn't be so bothered.

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the dt-250's they are the most boring headphone in my collection, I quite frankly dislike them, they are not a musical headphone, very very flat and accurate.....but so boring. 

AD900's, check them out mate. they are the complete opposite of the dt-250's....in a good way. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back