1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

bored of dt-250

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by sancco, Mar 28, 2013.
  1. sancco
    I love my DT-250's, but I'm getting a bit bored of them.  I thought I might try out something a bit more lively.  I've tried Sennheiser and I find their sound like somebody switched on the Rock equaliser.  Quite hollow in the mids.  I've tried ATH-M50 and they sound amazing but on poor recordings they sound god awful.  Also I imagine they get quite uncomfortable after a while.  I have a big head.  The ATH-AD700's look of interest, but I can't find anywhere in Sydney I could try them out.  Has anyone got any suggestions on places or headphones?

I currently use an ASUS Essence STX and iTunes.  Mostly listen to rock, trance, metal, hip-hop.

Biggest concerning factors are comfort, sound and price.

Also, does anybody else find that switching back and forth from different headphones/speakers really make you overly aware to each device's shortfalls?  I'm sure if I listened to nothing but my DT-250's for a month I wouldn't be so bothered.

2. Flognuts
    I have the dt-250's they are the most boring headphone in my collection, I quite frankly dislike them, they are not a musical headphone, very very flat and accurate.....but so boring. 

AD900's, check them out mate. they are the complete opposite of the dt-250's....in a good way. 

3. laon
    Rather try AD900X, it improve AD900 on pretty much everything.

4. sancco
    the ad700/900 have some good reviews, but a lot of people complain about lacking bass response.  any other suggestions?

5. Flognuts
    Breyer custom ones? You can adjust the bass on them....apparently very good for the price