Blur Earbuds Lovers
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #406 of 1,529
I'm speechless and mesmerized with her piano and all the sounds so far. Then her voice came and I wasn't ready for this. I think I'm in love :D

I own you a Beer!
Glad you enjoy it! I don't drink but I'd gladly settle for some sardinhas :)

For something a bit more 'pop-py', I'd recommend this outstanding live album from Sara Bareilles: https://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/album/a...e-hollywood-bowl-sara-bareilles/tgd3xivmv24ec

I've had my first set of Blurs for about a day. With only some hours of listening, I can say these are special. Unique tuning and presentation as others have mentioned. Bass presentation beats my expectations, sounds really good, extends well for buds. Mids and particularly vocals have a unique aspect that helps them stand out like I haven't heard before. Kind of like HD650 mids, in a sense. Sound from these just hit my ears and brain differently, addictively.

They sound great on my ES100, but really sing on my desktop setup.

More listening and then some more impressions to come.

Oh, and the set is a 266v2 MX150ohm aPs.
Welcome to the club! Mind sharing your desktop setup?

Aug 14, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #409 of 1,529
Wow, nice setup! So, in comparison to your ES100, what does your desktop stack add to the Blurs?
I've found it depends quite a bit on the earbud/headphone. Some (usually efficient/low impedance) don't sound much different at all. Others that are harder to drive often sound more full (vs a little thin on the ES100) and to me it presents dynamics better without seeming to strain or get peaky. I'm not great with describing these things, thus I don't do reviews.

With the limited time so far with the Blur set, the difference in dynamics is noticable. Still a great listening experience with the ES100. If that were going to be my main source with the Blurs, I would have wanted a 32 or 64 ohm set.

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #410 of 1,529
Glad you enjoy it! I don't drink but I'd gladly settle for some sardinhas :)

For something a bit more 'pop-py', I'd recommend this outstanding live album from Sara Bareilles: https://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/album/a...e-hollywood-bowl-sara-bareilles/tgd3xivmv24ec

I don't drink anymore as well, but Sardinhas it it :)

Listening to it right now. Loving it!! Thanks a lot :)

With the limited time so far with the Blur set, the difference in dynamics is noticable. Still a great listening experience with the ES100. If that were going to be my main source with the Blurs, I would have wanted a 32 or 64 ohm set.

Yes, this is why I got my sets as 32 and 64 :)

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #412 of 1,529
I don't drink anymore as well, but Sardinhas it it :)

Listening to it right now. Loving it!! Thanks a lot :)
That album is exceptionally well-recorded too, never fails to give me goosebumps everytime I listen to some of the tracks on it. The effect is even more magnified when I have my Blurs on. Almost as good, if not on par, as when I'm using my speakers.

Aug 14, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #414 of 1,529
This Trio Mandili is very interesting and refreshing indeed. I enjoyed listening to their songs on Youtube. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome!
Right now, I'm listening to my Blur hALF/hALF (2.5TRRS, 150-Ω), and enjoying this video of Trio Mandili at a music festival, singing with the Polish band Lao Che -
(Signal path: PC [USB] -> [USB] iFi iDSD [SPDIF Coax] -> [Coax] Converter [Optical] -> [Optical] 4x4 Matrix Switch [Optical] -> [Optical] Topping D70 DAC [Balanced] -> [Balanced] Loxjie P20 Tube/Hybrid Amp [Balanced] -> Blur Earbuds )
Lao Che i Trio Mandili | Wschód Kultury – Europejski Stadion Kultury 2018

Aug 15, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #415 of 1,529
BLUR UPDATE # 1; 15 AUG 2021

Wong has suspended (will no longer offer) the Second Mountain Lower & Higher Tuning used on the Blur 256/266 PK32 (32Ω) models due to a naughty mid spike. This mid spike was only occasionally acting up on certain tracks that had extended mid high frequencies... which was also exuberated by the originally bright sound character of the PK32Ω drivers that he is using. Wong therefore has created an improved tuning replacement called "New Line" that tames (minimizes) this mid spike while still boosting the bass which is the ultimate goal of the Blur 266 PK32 as a replacement for the Ultimate/Special Basshead Limited Edition Blur 256/266 PK16 White Face.

The New Line tuning for the Blur 266 PK32:

1629033769377.png

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #416 of 1,529
BLUR UPDATE # 2; 15 AUG 2021

It was getting a little 'hectic & hairy' for me to correctly maintain the "currently available by individual earbuds list" that I was posting periodically so I decided (with the blessing of Wong) that it would be much easier for me to simply highlight, in bold Hulk green, those models currently available for order on the Blur Models Timeline as follows:

1629034375587.png
So currently, there are three (3) available models you can order:

1.) Blur 266 MX aPs Retune (available in five different impedances with 266v2 aka "266 Brown" cabling)
  • 32Ω - Newly Retuned FR Curve can be viewed here on the FR graph here
  • 64Ω - Newly Retuned FR Curve mimics that used on the Blur OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition
  • 150Ω - Newly Retuned FR Curve increases the bass, mid bass as seen on the FR graph here
  • 300Ω - Newly Retuned FR Curve is an improvement on the Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs. This better tuning increases the mid bass which has pushed back and lowered the second mountain resulting in a much less aggressive down & up frequency line (more smooth) cutting another naughty mid spike. This is the similar tuning used on the Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Special Edition in the Stingray silver metal shell.​
  • 400Ω - Newly Retuned FR Curve is currently being fined tuned; receiving a nice boost in the sub and mid bass frequencies; will be ready for order.​
2.) Blur 266 PK32 New Line (Blur 256/266 PK16 White Face replacement with "New Line" tuning; see my update post just above)

3.) Blur OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition (see here)

~ ~ ~

Never fear though! Wong is working hard on a number of projects some of which will be released very soon... here are a couple to tease you all:
  • Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Retune (Not Available Yet) - A similar FR curve to the Blur 266v2 MX300 aPs Retune (see above) with different cabling. Wong's mission with this retune is to further improve vocals which has always been the primary focus for the Beautiful Witch since inception.

• Blur PK?? Minimalist Earbud + ********* Sound PK/MX Earbud Secret Project (Not Available Yet) - A very limited edition PK minimalist model (unfortunately, only one-of-one) is forthcoming which will kick off a new **********-tuned model line that will use the same driver; similar tuning and shell; but different cabling and termination style/type than used on this limited edition kick-off prototype model.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #417 of 1,529
BLUR UPDATE # 2; 15 AUG 2021

It was getting a little 'hectic & hairy' for me correctly maintaining the "currently available earbuds list" I was posting so I decided (with the blessing of Wong) that it would be much easier to simply highlight, in bold Hulk green, those models currently available for order on the Blur Models Timeline as follows (this should be much easier for me to keep updated):

1629034375587.png
So currently, there are three (3) available models you can order:

1.) Blur 266v2 MX aPs Retune (available in five different impedances)
  • 32Ω - New Retuned FR Curve can be viewed here on the FR graph here
  • 64Ω - New Retuned FR Curve mimics that used on the Blur OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition
  • 150Ω - New Retuned FR Curve increases the bass, mid bass as seen on the FR graph here
  • 300Ω - New Retuned FR Curve is an improvement on the Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs. This better tuning increases the mid bass which has pushed back and lowered the second mountain resulting in a much less aggressive down & up frequency line (more smooth) cutting another naughty mid spike. This is the similar tuning used on the Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Special Edition in the Stingray silver metal shell.​
  • 400Ω - New Retuned FR Curve is currently being fined tuned; receiving a nice boost in the sub and mid bass frequencies; will be ready for order.​
2.) Blur 266 PK32 (Blur 256/266 PK16 White Face replacement with "New Line" tuning; see my update post just above)

3.) Blur OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition (see here)

~ ~ ~

Never fear though! Wong is working hard on a number of projects some of which will be released very soon... here are a couple to tease you all:
  • Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs Retune (Not Available Yet) - A similar FR curve to the Blur 266v2 MX300 aPs Retune (see above) with different cabling. Wong's mission with this retune is to further improve vocals which has always been the primary focus for the Beautiful Witch since inception.

• PK?Ω Minimalist Earbud Secret Project (Not Available Yet) - A very Limited Edition model (unfortunately, only one-of-one) is forthcoming which will kick off a new minimalist model line that will use the same driver & tuning, similar cabling, but different termination style/type.

Thank you very much, much information and many news. You have updated us all!

You also leave us with the intrigue of the "mysterious blur".

Aug 15, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #418 of 1,529
BLUR UPDATE # 1; 15 AUG 2021

Wong has suspended (will no longer offer) the Second Mountain Lower & Higher Tuning used on the Blur 266 PK32 (32Ω) models due to a very naughty mid spike. This mid spike was occasionally acting up on certain tracks that had extended mid high frequencies... which was also exuberated by the originally bright sound character of the PK32Ω drivers that he is using. Wong therefore has created an improved tuning replacement called "New Line" that tames (minimizes) this mid spike while still boosting the bass which is the ultimate goal of the Blur 266 PK32 as a replacement for the Ultimate/Special Basshead Limited Edition Blur 256/266 PK16 White Face.

The New Line tuning for the Blur 266 PK32:

And I just bought it :frowning2:

Aug 15, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #419 of 1,529
And I just bought it :frowning2:

Think that there are constant updates, always trying to improve. I regret more that I will not be able to know how the new blurs sounds more than to think that they may be better than mine.

Do you detect those spikes? If you haven't, better enjoy your pair and don't give it importance.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #420 of 1,529
Looking at the FR graph of my PK32 compared to the "flat line" version, I can see a small bump between 2-3k. If this is what is perceived as a nasty spike then I know Wong is still chasing Unicorns. Perfectionism is incurable. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back