Blur Earbuds Lovers
Aug 19, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #437 of 1,529
Hopefully it can work some magic for your music. Haven't heard the PK32 but I'm sure it's great. What made you go for that one?
Mostly I’m just not a big fan of the MX500 shell. It just doesn’t fit well in my ear. I’ve often hear the the pk shells fit more people well, so I wanted to give them a shot. Every other earbud shape has fit my right ear better than the MX500. My left ear has no issue with any shell shape—and it’s not like the MX500 is so bad in my right but I am a huge fan of supreme comfort.

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #438 of 1,529
Mostly I’m just not a big fan of the MX500 shell. It just doesn’t fit well in my ear. I’ve often hear the the pk shells fit more people well, so I wanted to give them a shot. Every other earbud shape has fit my right ear better than the MX500. My left ear has no issue with any shell shape—and it’s not like the MX500 is so bad in my right but I am a huge fan of supreme comfort.

This is why I went for pk, even tho I also grabbed the mx. PK is the best fit.

Im overdue to first impressions, gonna try to write some in the next days!

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #439 of 1,529

I'm essentially in the same boat but I'm lucky that my ears have somewhat adapted over the past few months and now comfort isn't really an issue. PK still fit alot better though and didn't require an adjustment period.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #440 of 1,529
The PK is the one popular old school shell shape that isn’t represented in my collection. Well, I consider myself an equal opportunity earbud buyer, so here we go! I’m excited to finally have a Blur. I’m just hoping they live up to the hype. My SMABATs are extremely good and didn’t cost a lot. I’ve got less than $30 into the M0 And it’s so good, my wife uses it all day and I use it every night now listening to orchestral music. I know there’s a difference in mass production vs. handmade, one at a time, boutique-style manufacturing, but I do expect them to be noticeably better than what I’ve heard. Only time will tell.

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #441 of 1,529
The PK is the one popular old school shell shape that isn’t represented in my collection. Well, I consider myself an equal opportunity earbud buyer, so here we go! I’m excited to finally have a Blur. I’m just hoping they live up to the hype. My SMABATs are extremely good and didn’t cost a lot. I’ve got less than $30 into the M0 And it’s so good, my wife uses it all day and I use it every night now listening to orchestral music. I know there’s a difference in mass production vs. handmade, one at a time, boutique-style manufacturing, but I do expect them to be noticeably better than what I’ve heard. Only time will tell.

I only have a handful of buds that aren't Blurs but I can confidently say they don't sound like the others, at all. You sound very reasonable though, so aslong as your expectations are reasonable too, I think you'll be quite happy!

Edit: apologies if that came across condescending at all, what I'm trying to say is it sounds like you're probably more resistant to hype than some

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #442 of 1,529
I’m excited to finally have a Blur. I’m just hoping they live up to the hype. My SMABATs are extremely good and didn’t cost a lot. I’ve got less than $30 into the M0 And it’s so good, my wife uses it all day and I use it every night now listening to orchestral music.

I own smabats and let me tell you, the hype is real. Different league. Wongs house tunin and details is so different that my brain had to adjust, no kidding.

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #443 of 1,529
I am expecting them to be detailed and have a frequency response that I don’t want NEED to EQ. Hopefully they are as spacious as a PK shell can be. After talking to Mr. Wong, he’s a very classy/understated type of guy and I’m betting on him.

Don’t worry, I’m not easily offended and didn’t take that comment in a negative way at all! I appreciate the compliment in fact. You should hear the things I hear on a daily basis! Believe me, this is a good group of humans.

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #444 of 1,529
I own smabats and let me tell you, the hype is real. Different league. Wongs house tunin and details is so different that my brain had to adjust, no kidding.
That sounds like money well spent to me. I’m not a gambler and that’s the only reason I didn’t buy sooner. I read this whole thread before I was willing to test the water. I am confident that I am going to love these or else I wouldn’t have purchased at all, but I like to remain reserved just to prevent the possibility of a letdown. There’s so many positive responses about these buds that I can’t help it: I am excited :)

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #446 of 1,529
I have been hearing details in recordings which I know intimately that I have never heard before with the Blurs. Subtle details for sure, but there all the same. They do offer a very fresh view of your music library.

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #448 of 1,529
“After 200hrs+ of burn-in and multiple sources I'm convinced I made a good decision.
I think this is the key to unlocking your Blur’s - @ 200 hours of burn in. I’m approaching about 150 hours, and already my 266 PK32omh’s sound more cohesive. Buttery smooth with a nice sub-bass rumble!

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #449 of 1,529
The PK is the one popular old school shell shape that isn’t represented in my collection. Well, I consider myself an equal opportunity earbud buyer, so here we go! I’m excited to finally have a Blur. I’m just hoping they live up to the hype. My SMABATs are extremely good and didn’t cost a lot.
I don't own any Smabats but I can say with a reasonable degree of confidence that there is very very little, if any, 'hype' when it comes to Blur earbuds. The praises that have been sung for it are, in my opinion, very well justified.

I hope you will enjoy yours.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #450 of 1,529
I think this is the key to unlocking your Blur’s - @ 200 hours of burn in. I’m approaching about 150 hours, and already my 266 PK32omh’s sound more cohesive. Buttery smooth with a nice sub-bass rumble!
Welcome to the fold @lil BANE which tuning did you get? The standard or second mountain (lower or higher)? Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back