Blur Earbuds Lovers
Aug 12, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #377 of 1,529
Having been really impressed with the Blur PK32 266 (mix wires), I put in an order for the Blur OFC MX64 STE. Can't wait!

That's what I did.... but before I even got the PK32 ahahah.

My brain is still processing this tuning and the amount of details. what in the hell....

Aug 12, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #379 of 1,529
My brain is still processing this tuning and the amount of details. what in the hell....

Detail and space are the two strongest characteristics of the OFC STE. Enjoy!

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #381 of 1,529

@ian91 For you to enjoy with your STE! Also sounds amazing (if not better) on PK32! Haven't done a single piece of work today since these arrived!

Listened to the studio recording of this. Really shows the vocal strengths of the OFC STE, the space gives her soft voice room to breathe. Keep the recommendations coming!

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #382 of 1,529
Just sitting here listening to the 266 version of the STE out of the Shanling M8 on turbo gain 4.4mm bal (about 800mW) wondering what I would change. The answer...absolutely nothing. I was speaking to Master Wong the other day and explained to him that he has made it incredibly hard for himself to get my return custom...

(I reassured him that 'itch' will never go away and I don't plan to stop supporting him any time soon)

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #384 of 1,529
https://tidal.com/browse/track/4461292

this STE is something else.... I'm mesmerized.

The STE is invigorating for me everytime I listen. I'm drawn up into the music by an emotional connection that I can't get anywhere else. I think it has the X-factor in there, or is 'greater than the sum of its parts'.

Great album by the way, lovely vocals.

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #385 of 1,529
The STE is invigorating for me everytime I listen. I'm drawn up into the music by an emotional connection that I can't get anywhere else. I think it has the X-factor in there, or is 'greater than the sum of its parts'.

Great album by the way, lovely vocals.
With this, I'm even more convinced I made the right decision of adding the MX64 OFC STE to my collection. BTW, I blame you and your review of the MX64 OFC STE for the state my wallet is in now :)

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #386 of 1,529
With this, I'm even more convinced I made the right decision of adding the MX64 OFC STE to my collection. BTW, I blame you and your review of the MX64 OFC STE for the state my wallet is in now :)

In this instance, I dont feel guilty at all! Just make sure you don't skip meals because of me.

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #387 of 1,529
Yes he does. I had my MX32 retuned (though originally it was only meant to be a recable).
I finally asked Wong and he said no :frowning2:

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #388 of 1,529
I finally asked Wong and he said no :frowning2:
I did as well, reason being he spends a lot more time on each bud now, so he can't justify retuning :frowning2:

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #389 of 1,529
Warm greetings to all Blur aficionados and Blur’lievers!

First most, please do not take this post as an admonishment but rather as a friendly reminder and respectful request lodged only in order so that we may all continue to enjoy Wong’s wonderful creations and supporting a creator that we all appreciate and love. This post is directed to no one in particular but rather to us all collectively, the Blur Earbuds Lovers crew.

Foremost, Wong is a hobbyist not a businessman. Therefore, Blur should not be interpreted as being like a traditional brand nor viewed as a business in any shape, way, or form but rather only seen as a sharing opportunity offered by a fellow earbud fanatic wanting to impart his love n’ joy with all of us. Wong is simply supporting a hobby; maintaining tools and electronics; and re-stocking parts (piecemeal only) thru the sales of Blur earbuds.

Point at hand, retuning is not a standard option and is for exceptional cases only. This is not to say that Wong will not address and/or correct tuning issues or troubleshoot other related problems; he will and immediately without issue. The problem lays in that some models simply can’t be retuned/tuned in the manner requested due to several mitigating factors that Wong is faced with and thus why he offers many different models and drivers instead. Not all desired sound signatures are achievable unfortunately as we must accept that Blur offers an airy, open & natural, highly timbred house sound that is very mid-centric which can’t/won't make everyone happy. It is near impossible for every model or each tuning to perfectly match what someone is after and the reason why many of us have bought multiple Blurs looking for a particular signature and tuning that we desire… it can be quite the journey!

Also, if one is to really think about it, the amount of time and money Wong would spend retuning is not an acceptable nor logical expectation of a one-man hobbyist operation. Therefore, the best advice I can give is to take your time explaining (and thoroughly) to Wong what you are after sound signature wise (even offering representative music tracks that you like) so that he can best recommend the most suitable model and tune accordingly (if you need help with this, myself and a number of other Blur owners would be more than happy to assist you in fine tuning an initial request).

Another aside, Wong due to his politeness is unlikely to charge people sometimes for special requests, changes, upgrades, repairs, and other special cases. I do hope that some of you have taken this into kind consideration when paying him as I know for myself, @ian91, @digititus, and many other Blur owners on board we do pay for his extra work & efforts… whether he requests it or not. Meaning, we add a little to make sure he isn’t losing his shirt on the transaction.

Now the following is only my personal opinion: In those special cases where Wong has accepted to retune an earbud, I honestly think it should be paid for. Again, whether or not he asks for it. The amount given doesn't matter in so much as the thoughtful action does.

Thank you all for your kind consideration and understanding regarding this subject. Most respectfully yours.

Now let’s get back to chatting about Blurs, cheers!

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #390 of 1,529
Warm greetings to all Blur aficionados and Blur’lievers!

First most, please do not take this post as an admonishment but rather as a friendly reminder and respectful request lodged only in order so that we may all continue to enjoy Wong’s wonderful creations and supporting a creator that we all appreciate and love. This post is directed to no one in particular but rather to us all collectively, the Blur Earbuds Lovers crew.

Foremost, Wong is a hobbyist not a businessman. Therefore, Blur should not be interpreted as being like a traditional brand nor viewed as a business in any shape, way, or form but rather only seen as a sharing opportunity offered by a fellow earbud fanatic wanting to impart his love n’ joy with all of us. Wong is simply supporting a hobby; maintaining tools and electronics; and re-stocking parts (piecemeal only) thru the sales of Blur earbuds.

Point at hand, retuning is not a standard option and is for exceptional cases only. This is not to say that Wong will not address and/or correct tuning issues or troubleshoot other related problems; he will and immediately without issue. The problem lays in that some models simply can’t be retuned/tuned in the manner requested due to several mitigating factors that Wong is faced with and thus why he offers many different models and drivers instead. Not all desired sound signatures are achievable unfortunately as we must accept that Blur offers an airy, open & natural, highly timbred house sound that is very mid-centric which can’t/won't make everyone happy. It is near impossible for every model or each tuning to perfectly match what someone is after and the reason why many of us have bought multiple Blurs looking for a particular signature and tuning that we desire… it can be quite the journey!

Also, if one is to really think about it, the amount of time and money Wong would spend retuning is not an acceptable nor logical expectation of a one-man hobbyist operation. Therefore, the best advice I can give is to take your time explaining (and thoroughly) to Wong what you are after sound signature wise (even offering representative music tracks that you like) so that he can best recommend the most suitable model and tune accordingly (if you need help with this, myself and a number of other Blur owners would be more than happy to assist you in fine tuning an initial request).

Another aside, Wong due to his politeness is unlikely to charge people sometimes for special requests, changes, upgrades, repairs, and other special cases. I do hope that some of you have taken this into kind consideration when paying him as I know for myself, @ian91, @digititus, and many other Blur owners on board we do pay for his extra work & efforts… whether he requests it or not. Meaning, we add a little to make sure he isn’t losing his shirt on the transaction.

Now the following is only my personal opinion: In those special cases where Wong has accepted to retune an earbud, I honestly think it should be paid for. Again, whether or not he asks for it. The amount given doesn't matter in so much as the thoughtful action does.

Thank you all for your kind consideration and understanding regarding this subject. Most respectfully yours.

Now let’s get back to chatting about Blurs, cheers!
Great reminder and reality check. In retrospect (and yes I understand you weren't targetting anyone), I was presumptive in saying he allows for retunes. In reality, my situation was originally a recable, but additionally the right side driver was having some issues. Because he already had to open it up to diagnose the issue, Wong graciously offered to retune the drivers. I hope this clears things up and sorry if I set an incorrect precedent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back