Blur Earbuds Lovers
Aug 13, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #392 of 1,529
So my package just arrived (2 days with Fedex). I'll leave here some type of unboxing photos, and giving my first impressions later today/tomorrow and maybe some comparitions during the weekend to my other buds.

1628765023953.jpg

Right out of the box, I was stunned with the packaging. Everything was very well packed and all the details were accounted for. Very well handmade leather (or fake leather, not sure) carrying pouches. "There's no second chance to make a first impression", and Wong took that to the letter. 10/10 in my books.

Each pouch comes with its own Bud and multiple sets of some high quality foamies (Red, White and Black) as well as with leather clips to storage the sets (a winner detail for me, love this things). Obligatory family photo:

IMG-20210812-113022.jpg

Blur OFC MX64 STE 4.4mm

IMG-20210812-112728.jpg

IMG-20210812-112827.jpg

IMG-20210812-112847.jpg

Blur 266 PK32 Higher Mountain Tuning 3.5mm

1628764467832.jpg

IMG-20210812-112528.jpg

IMG-20210812-112847.jpg

I'm already drolling and I didn't even put the on my ears. Down to the hole I go!
Absolutely stunning photos there mate! You are a superb photographer. What camera did you use? Please don't tell me it was an iPhone.

@ian91 For you to enjoy with your STE! Also sounds amazing (if not better) on PK32! Haven't done a single piece of work today since these arrived!

What an extraordinarily played and beautifully sung modern piece. Completely missed this; thank you for sharing it.

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #393 of 1,529
Absolutely stunning photos there mate! You are a superb photographer. What camera did you use? Please don't tell me it was an iPhone.

No I am not! But thanks for the kind words. It was an android phone, yes. (Xiaomi Mi10)

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #395 of 1,529
Warm greetings to all Blur aficionados and Blur’lievers!

First most, please do not take this post as an admonishment but rather as a friendly reminder and respectful request lodged only in order so that we may all continue to enjoy Wong’s wonderful creations and supporting a creator that we all appreciate and love. This post is directed to no one in particular but rather to us all collectively, the Blur Earbuds Lovers crew.

Foremost, Wong is a hobbyist not a businessman. Therefore, Blur should not be interpreted as being like a traditional brand nor viewed as a business in any shape, way, or form but rather only seen as a sharing opportunity offered by a fellow earbud fanatic wanting to impart his love n’ joy with all of us. Wong is simply supporting a hobby; maintaining tools and electronics; and re-stocking parts (piecemeal only) thru the sales of Blur earbuds.

Point at hand, retuning is not a standard option and is for exceptional cases only. This is not to say that Wong will not address and/or correct tuning issues or troubleshoot other related problems; he will and immediately without issue. The problem lays in that some models simply can’t be retuned/tuned in the manner requested due to several mitigating factors that Wong is faced with and thus why he offers many different models and drivers instead. Not all desired sound signatures are achievable unfortunately as we must accept that Blur offers an airy, open & natural, highly timbred house sound that is very mid-centric which can’t/won't make everyone happy. It is near impossible for every model or each tuning to perfectly match what someone is after and the reason why many of us have bought multiple Blurs looking for a particular signature and tuning that we desire… it can be quite the journey!

Also, if one is to really think about it, the amount of time and money Wong would spend retuning is not an acceptable nor logical expectation of a one-man hobbyist operation. Therefore, the best advice I can give is to take your time explaining (and thoroughly) to Wong what you are after sound signature wise (even offering representative music tracks that you like) so that he can best recommend the most suitable model and tune accordingly (if you need help with this, myself and a number of other Blur owners would be more than happy to assist you in fine tuning an initial request).

Another aside, Wong due to his politeness is unlikely to charge people sometimes for special requests, changes, upgrades, repairs, and other special cases. I do hope that some of you have taken this into kind consideration when paying him as I know for myself, @ian91, @digititus, and many other Blur owners on board we do pay for his extra work & efforts… whether he requests it or not. Meaning, we add a little to make sure he isn’t losing his shirt on the transaction.

Now the following is only my personal opinion: In those special cases where Wong has accepted to retune an earbud, I honestly think it should be paid for. Again, whether or not he asks for it. The amount given doesn't matter in so much as the thoughtful action does.

Thank you all for your kind consideration and understanding regarding this subject. Most respectfully yours.

Now let’s get back to chatting about Blurs, cheers!
Well said

I will just add that when you are dealing "at a distance" with a hobbyist like Wong, there are always inherent risks, regardless of how small. Our expectations when doing online retail have been shaped by Amazon return policies and AliExpress dispute systems. None of these are relevant. There is a wealth of feedback here on HeadFi to ascertain that Wong is an honest and genuine producer of handmade and in many cases unique products. The logistics of such a product/service require a high level of trust on both sides.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #396 of 1,529
Well said

I will just add that when you are dealing "at a distance" with a hobbyist like Wong, there are always inherent risks, regardless of how small. Our expectations when doing online retail have been shaped by Amazon return policies and AliExpress dispute systems. None of these are relevant. There is a wealth of feedback here on HeadFi to ascertain that Wong is an honest and genuine producer of handmade and in many cases unique products. The logistics of such a product/service require a high level of trust on both sides.

A high degree of trust and an understanding that what you get is a product of an individual with a creative vision. If what we receive doesn't fit our preferences, we have to navigate that with the upmost respect.

I see it as similar to buying a piece of art. What Wong produces is creative, skillful and has a lot of thought behind it. You wouldn't neccesarily buy a painting and then turn to the artist and ask for a splash of your favourite colour. Wong is a gentleman and in exceptional circumstances would help, but we have to respect those occasions when our circumstances aren't exceptional (i.e. most of the time).

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #397 of 1,529

@ian91 For you to enjoy with your STE! Also sounds amazing (if not better) on PK32! Haven't done a single piece of work today since these arrived!

Thanks for sharing this video and making me discover Agnes Obel. Tbh this is the 1st time I've ever heard of her and have to say her music is mesmerizing, even more so when you have a Blur to enjoy it with :) Somehow her music reminds me of Hania Rani (this particular video is very enjoyable imho, the way she plays the piano is very unconventional. Give it a watch!):

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #398 of 1,529
Thanks for sharing this video and making me discover Agnes Obel. Tbh this is the 1st time I've ever heard of her and have to say her music is mesmerizing, even more so when you have a Blur to enjoy it with :) Somehow her music reminds me of Hania Rani (this particular video is very enjoyable imho, the way she plays the piano is very unconventional. Give it a watch!):

Thanks for sharing, will do! Keep the recommendations coming. Female voices are my latest love but don't know many!

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #399 of 1,529
One of my favorite vocalists is Joanne Hogg, who sang with the group Iona. I'm using my phone right now, so I'm not going to try to link to any YouTube videos - but there are plenty. :ksc75smile:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Hogg

Update: Back to my PC, and here are links to a couple of my favorite Joanne Hogg songs with Iona -
"I Will Give My Love an Apple" (1997)

"Wave After Wave" (2000)

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #400 of 1,529
One of my favorite vocalists is Joanne Hogg, who sang with the group Iona. I'm using my phone right now, so I'm not going to try to link to any YouTube videos - but there are plenty. :ksc75smile:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Hogg

Thank you so much! I'll check it asap! I always had a thing for female voices, but usually the more pop side (Lana del Rey - Born to Die, Adele - 19, Aretha Franklin, Norah Jones, etc). I'm now trying to find more and more gems!

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #401 of 1,529
I had my first real serious listen to Blur 256 PK32 today. I have been listening occasionally for the last couple of days, but haven't really been able to dedicate any real time. Listened to a lot of new material which I'm not too familiar with, which isn't the best way to gauge their overall technicalities. So, I dug through the archives to an old favorite album which I know intimately. It is a real torture test for most headphones as it rarely slips below 140bpm (remember when LP's used to state BPM's for each track?)

L.S.G - Rendezvous in outer space has been remastered by Oliver Lieb (aka Spice Lab, LSG, The Ambush) and sounds better than ever. This is a classic Frankfurt 1996 trance album, consisting of multiple consecutive tracks, but consider it a true long player format. Each track flows into the next like a new chapter in a book. This journey takes your mind into deep outer space. Whilst the Blurs do not dive into the deepest of sub bass, it actually doesn't matter. The mid bass is really thumping, the snares are hard hitting and full of bite whilst cymbals delicately shimmer in the ether. A true 90's electronic masterpiece rendered faithfully by the Blur's, with just an added hint of warmth to make it all flow together as one big organic piece.

A true LP album but for a taste try the following track

Aug 13, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #402 of 1,529

I'm speechless and mesmerized with her piano and all the sounds so far. Then her voice came and I wasn't ready for this. I think I'm in love :D

I own you a Beer!

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #404 of 1,529
Thank you so much! I'll check it asap! I always had a thing for female voices, but usually the more pop side (Lana del Rey - Born to Die, Adele - 19, Aretha Franklin, Norah Jones, etc). I'm now trying to find more and more gems!

You're welcome.
For something a bit different, go to "Trio Mandili" on YouTube, select videos, and Play All.
It's not Hi-Fi, but their harmonies sure are lovely.

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #405 of 1,529
I've had my first set of Blurs for about a day. With only some hours of listening, I can say these are special. Unique tuning and presentation as others have mentioned. Bass presentation beats my expectations, sounds really good, extends well for buds. Mids and particularly vocals have a unique aspect that helps them stand out like I haven't heard before. Kind of like HD650 mids, in a sense. Sound from these just hit my ears and brain differently, addictively.

They sound great on my ES100, but really sing on my desktop setup.

More listening and then some more impressions to come.

Oh, and the set is a 266v2 MX150ohm aPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back