Bluetooth Headphones? Which one to choose?
Feb 22, 2020 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ivankg123

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I recently came to this forum to talk about stuff hi-fi. So i really want to buy a good pair of Bluetooth Headphones for around 120-155 euro and i find myself on crossroad. I really loved the Marshall Monitor Bluetooth Headphones they seemed just right for me. I mean as a guitar player i know marshall quite well, but still they make amps not headphones, from the reviews that i watched everything seemed great and for rock and metal music they deliver the best sound and i hope i can do some studio recording with cable in of course. I saw there were quite a lot of fake ones I was going to buy them from Amazon.de but still i saw some comments saying some are fake. I saw Sennheiser HD 450 BT too, the new product from Sennheiser, the headphones have USB-C, Active Noice Reduction and up to 30h of battery for around 20 Euro more than the Marshall Monitor Bluetooth. From the reviews that i watched they sound actually good too and are not that bass heavy i dont think a lot of bass is good for metal or rock. You wanna hear the guitar and vocals not the KickDrum and Bass Guitar. I really am at crossroad i hope somebody can help me out, choosing the right pair for me and maybe for you . And if you guys have any suggestions for other brands or products that would be great too. Im trying to find the best pair of Over-Ear headphones for around 155 Euro in 2020.

Mar 3, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 9
sony 900 or sony 700.

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 9
Indeed I saw them they are great. Some days ago Marshall introduced monitor II , maybe I will try to find the old ones on sale or wait to see if the price is good . They officially go on sale on 17th of March I think. Now they are in pre-order still but for 300€ they should be without any compromise. Hope they go down a bit in price, the specs are great. Let me guys know what do you think about it. Still trying to find the best over-ear headphones in 2020.

Mar 4, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 9
I think anything Marshall that is not one of the original guitar amp is a big and sad piece of cheap crap re-branding or brand licensing so pathetic and stinky. That is what i think of current marshall; doble facepalm pathetic.

Mar 4, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Interesting , I mean i have never tried anything headphones related with Marshall. Maybe those sennheisers are better alternative , or if maybe the price of
Sony WH-1000XM3 falls to 200-170 euro. I dont know really everybody seems to like different stuff and i dont know which are the best there are so many of them.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 9
Some marshall headphones might be a good product, I have not tested them, but that fake aesthetics from the past, not related at all with the real marshall, it's a bit of like buying Porsche underwear, or Ferrari dishes, in my opinion. Better get bose, or sennheiser bluetooth, or sony. Sony seems to be at the top at this moment, and they offer always cheaper alternatives. I own the 700, changed the earpads... They cost me 130€, now they are at 109€. 900 are about 180€, 1000 are about 266€ some places...

I would not pay a lot for bluetooth stuff, it's based on bluetooth standards that are changing, you can't replace batteries, it's planned obsolescence really, get something budget friendly better. Many people here use the sony 1000, great noise canceling, really good, if you actually need that a lot, otherwise get something cheaper, I would say.

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks man , I really appreciate your answers.
By the way just saw the Sony - WH-XB900N they retail here for 127 € which is a very good price and i saw really great reviews of them.
Whould you tell me something more about your 700.
I just hope that they are not that bass heavy i mean the 900 of course you can tweek the EQ but still, I hope so.

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 9
127€ for that is a great price. About the 700, I bought them cause I didn't want to expend a lot. I had before another sony bluetooth, cheaper on ear type, and I wanted something over ear for the comfort. They are wireless, they are comfort, but to be honest, they do not sound great, specially if I switch to my wired sennheiser hd6xx that cost me just 170€...

900 probably best thing you can buy indeed. 1000 is too expensive for a bluetooth thing. The price is right, i checked them yesterday from a friend, memory foam, great carrying case, can be folder, great sound for bluetooth... great noise canceling, but still, I would not spend so much money on anything bluetooth really, unless you really need the features. 900 way to go at that price, for sure.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Yes i think 900 is the best choice too between them and the Sennheiser HD450 BT the sennheisers are 172€ which is more expensive and they do have almost the same things even the noise cancelling is better on the 900. I would have just bought some wired headphones like Bayerdynamic or Sennheiser for that price but I don't have a jack on my phone and even if I had I wouldn't go out with them they are monitor headphones for that price and not made for caring around but still. Maybe the best choice really is the 900, just hope I can tweak the settings for little bit less bass. And maybe in mouth or so they stay the same price , because I plan on buying them next month, maybe they will drop even more , who knows .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back