Bluesound Node - New 2021 model!!
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #152 of 212
Also for the group, every once in a while I have jitter come across, I’m in USB into Peachtree Nova300 integrate/dac and it bothers me some. Will using exclusively coaxial stop the jitter?
Maybe, There’s an “audio clock trim” setting under audio settings that may help out with the jitter. Can play around with that and see your luck.

Feb 1, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #153 of 212
Maybe, There’s an “audio clock trim” setting under audio settings that may help out with the jitter. Can play around with that and see your luck.
Yeah, It seems I turn it off but it resets its self on for some reason just to annoy me I gather.

just to be clear I should leave it engaged if I experience jitter but I read the fine print underneath says it can mess up the external dac sound quality too. That’s clear?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #154 of 212
Yeah, It seems I turn it off but it resets its self on for some reason just to annoy me I gather.

just to be clear I should leave it engaged if I experience jitter but I read the fine print underneath says it can mess up the external dac sound quality too. That’s clear?
Oh jeez, sorry to hear that. I’ve never tried turning it off.

I’d leave it on and turn it off if you run into problems, I interpret the fine print underneath as “turn it off if you’re running into obvious issues”, such as pauses, skips, distortion etc. which I’m curious if anybodys dacs have actually had an issue or not

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #155 of 212
I'm beginning to want to experiment with DDC's. Now that Node outputs USB, it may make sense to give it a try and improve things further. @daytrader I never experienced any jitter from coax. I have with USB but this was while my Node was plugged into a mesh router in my basement so it may have been signal related.

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #156 of 212
I'm beginning to want to experiment with DDC's. Now that Node outputs USB, it may make sense to give it a try and improve things further. @daytrader I never experienced any jitter from coax. I have with USB but this was while my Node was plugged into a mesh router in my basement so it may have been signal related.
Still on USB. Unplugged from my router and went wifi this morning, jitter gone, go figure. THX.

Feb 6, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #157 of 212
Hello fellow node owners! I will be receiving the node to feed my yggy on Monday and have read a good amount that power upgrades can have a nice effect.

I’m going to start with the cheapest most simple soulution to start with. So just a power cord upgrade of the low level for now. Hoping for around 100 if that is enough to hear a difference.
I’ve heard Cullen mentioned quite a few times and wireworld around the web.
I’ve also just been recommended by a fellow headfier to get an audio quest “y” power cable as well.
Any recommendations between these cables.
I found they are all a bit above 100 for the range I’m looking for but that’s fine.

Edit:
Well I found near perfect condition used audioquest ngr-z2 for 170 but now I’m reading on the web that audio quest is not preferred with the node and I should look at the Cullen and wireworld cables after all.
Any experience with either brand and the node?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #158 of 212
Hello fellow node owners! I will be receiving the node to feed my yggy on Monday and have read a good amount that power upgrades can have a nice effect.

I’m going to start with the cheapest most simple soulution to start with. So just a power cord upgrade of the low level for now. Hoping for around 100 if that is enough to hear a difference.
I’ve heard Cullen mentioned quite a few times and wireworld around the web.
I’ve also just been recommended by a fellow headfier to get an audio quest “y” power cable as well.
Any recommendations between these cables.
I found they are all a bit above 100 for the range I’m looking for but that’s fine.

Edit:
Well I found near perfect condition used audioquest ngr-z2 for 170 but now I’m reading on the web that audio quest is not preferred with the node and I should look at the Cullen and wireworld cables after all.
Any experience with either brand and the node?
Hi: Just curious why you made this statement regarding the AQ power cord.." I’m reading on the web that audio quest is not preferred with the node and I should look at the Cullen and wireworld cables after all.".........why is it not preferred with the NODE?Thanks,Huck

Feb 9, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #159 of 212
Not much to back it up but pretty sure I read somewhere a couple people said the AQ power cable is less of an upgrade compared to the Cullen or wireworld but I’m sure it’s subtle at most.
I ended up getting the wireworld mini Electra and hoping for some improvement over the stock power cable.
I will only be using the node as a transport via the digital coaxial output.
Debating if the pd creative power upgrade may be my next step but it will void the warranty so I may wait some time before that.

Also I’m not trying to invest more than necessary for my enjoyment needs. But it is very tempting as the pd creative power upgrade plus a sbooster has been said to take the node to much closer levels to high end streamers. Anyone with any experience with the teddy pardo or pd creative power upgrades for the node 2021?

My next question is regarding coaxial cable quality and how much a better cable will improve sound. Or is it more of different flavors rather than improvements? Right now I have the blue jeans coaxial cable and their stereo cable that works for coaxial as well.
Any suggestions on brands for coaxial cables and possibly some first hand experience of improvement from upgrading the cable?

Feb 13, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #160 of 212
Not much to back it up but pretty sure I read somewhere a couple people said the AQ power cable is less of an upgrade compared to the Cullen or wireworld but I’m sure it’s subtle at most.
I ended up getting the wireworld mini Electra and hoping for some improvement over the stock power cable.
I will only be using the node as a transport via the digital coaxial output.
Debating if the pd creative power upgrade may be my next step but it will void the warranty so I may wait some time before that.

Also I’m not trying to invest more than necessary for my enjoyment needs. But it is very tempting as the pd creative power upgrade plus a sbooster has been said to take the node to much closer levels to high end streamers. Anyone with any experience with the teddy pardo or pd creative power upgrades for the node 2021?

My next question is regarding coaxial cable quality and how much a better cable will improve sound. Or is it more of different flavors rather than improvements? Right now I have the blue jeans coaxial cable and their stereo cable that works for coaxial as well.
Any suggestions on brands for coaxial cables and possibly some first hand experience of improvement from upgrading the cable?
Linear powers supples make sense with a DAC. Your Yiggy (and my Gungnir multibit) have linear power supplies built in along with pretty much all Schiit DACs. There are good reasons for that with a DAC. I am not at all convinced it would make a difference with a Node if you are not using the internal DAC. You are just passing the signal through. Unless the power supplies in the node are exceptionally bad, and I would guess they are not, it is hard to see how it would make any noticeable improvements.

I think you would be hard pressed to improve on the blue jeans coaxial cable. They are a well made trusted brand. I have my whole system wired with blue jean, including my ethernet cables. I am not running down the cable rabbit hole. If you have an ultra high end system..... maybe, otherwise blue jean is plenty good enough.

But then again, I might be completely wrong. It's just an opinion.

Feb 13, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #161 of 212
I have the Node 2i and I installed the PD Creative power board modification with the Mean-Well SMPS. It was extremely tilted-up at first, burned my ears off. I let it burn-in 130 hours of listening and powered up 24x7 at all times. I thought it was beginning to sound okay. Then I installed the Sbooster LPS. WITHIN 2 hours it sounded better than the Meanwell. And I know the Sbooster has a long burn-in time so it’s going to get MUCH better.

I had previously installed a Sbooster with Ultra to power the Chord Qutest DAC I use. It took a long time to burn-in but made an excellent improvement. Better defined bass and much improved meat/fleshiness/body between the speakers. Better soundstage depth also.

Feb 14, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #162 of 212
Linear powers supples make sense with a DAC. Your Yiggy (and my Gungnir multibit) have linear power supplies built in along with pretty much all Schiit DACs. There are good reasons for that with a DAC. I am not at all convinced it would make a difference with a Node if you are not using the internal DAC. You are just passing the signal through. Unless the power supplies in the node are exceptionally bad, and I would guess they are not, it is hard to see how it would make any noticeable improvements.

I think you would be hard pressed to improve on the blue jeans coaxial cable. They are a well made trusted brand. I have my whole system wired with blue jean, including my ethernet cables. I am not running down the cable rabbit hole. If you have an ultra high end system..... maybe, otherwise blue jean is plenty good enough.

But then again, I might be completely wrong. It's just an opinion.
I have a Bluejeans coax laying around somewhere and should give a try. Normally use a mogami coax that has much less shielding but seems fine. Very flexible. Since the Node got updated with usb, figured I'd splurge for an Audioquest Carbon usb A - B in 2.5 feet. Such a stiff cable and connected to my node so loosely it managed to work itself out of the machine. Returned the next day. I don't mind spending on audio jewelry but it has to at least be functional, screw that.

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #163 of 212
I have a Bluejeans coax laying around somewhere and should give a try. Normally use a mogami coax that has much less shielding but seems fine. Very flexible. Since the Node got updated with usb, figured I'd splurge for an Audioquest Carbon usb A - B in 2.5 feet. Such a stiff cable and connected to my node so loosely it managed to work itself out of the machine. Returned the next day. I don't mind spending on audio jewelry but it has to at least be functional, screw that.
I have an Audioquest Carbon coax cable sitting in a box in my closet (as well as some Carbon USB cables) but I actually have been using Blue Jeans Cable 1505F coax cables instead and have been happy. Swapped it out because there isn't much clearance between my Node 2i or RME ADI-2 and the wall and I recently switched to a standing desk and I don't want the cable touching the walls when I change the height of the desk (same reason why I stopped using my Audioquest Carbon USB cables). 1505F cable is very flexible and easy to work with (and I got it in white so it blends in with my white desk as opposed to my audio jewelry that is now back in the jewelry box). I also have some Blue Jeans Cable 1694A coax cables but have stopped using them because they are really stiff cables (even compared to AQ). I've been using Blue Jeans Cable for about 12 years now and have been very happy with them (coax, subwoofer, RCA, speaker, etc.). I originally started looking into more expensive cables because I was hearing a lot of noise/interference. Turned out the easy fix was to move my router further away (still think the cables look cool so I don't mind the money spent).

I will say I do like the AQ Carbon coax cable and find it slightly more flexible than the Carbon USB cable but MUCH easier to work with (vs. USB) because it does not matter which way you plug it in (compared to USB A and B, which only plugs in one way).

Edit: thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to order a shorter coax cable after rearranging my desk to reduce some cable clutter. Will have to go do that now from BJC.

Edit 2: @prosnowboarder I agree with @Alan Sk that you are probably better off sticking with the Blue Jeans Cable and saving your money unless you have an issue with your current cable.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #164 of 212
I have an Audioquest Carbon coax cable sitting in a box in my closet (as well as some Carbon USB cables) but I actually have been using Blue Jeans Cable 1505F coax cables instead and have been happy. Swapped it out because there isn't much clearance between my Node 2i or RME ADI-2 and the wall and I recently switched to a standing desk and I don't want the cable touching the walls when I change the height of the desk (same reason why I stopped using my Audioquest Carbon USB cables). 1505F cable is very flexible and easy to work with (and I got it in white so it blends in with my white desk as opposed to my audio jewelry that is now back in the jewelry box). I also have some Blue Jeans Cable 1694A coax cables but have stopped using them because they are really stiff cables (even compared to AQ). I've been using Blue Jeans Cable for about 12 years now and have been very happy with them (coax, subwoofer, RCA, speaker, etc.). I originally started looking into more expensive cables because I was hearing a lot of noise/interference. Turned out the easy fix was to move my router further away (still think the cables look cool so I don't mind the money spent).

I will say I do like the AQ Carbon coax cable and find it slightly more flexible than the Carbon USB cable but MUCH easier to work with (vs. USB) because it does not matter which way you plug it in (compared to USB A and B, which only plugs in one way).

Edit: thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to order a shorter coax cable after rearranging my desk to reduce some cable clutter. Will have to go do that now from BJC.

Edit 2: @prosnowboarder I agree with @Alan Sk that you are probably better off sticking with the Blue Jeans Cable and saving your money unless you have an issue with your current cable.
I found it! says "1694A" so it's the same one? This cable is very stiff. Now I remember why I tucked it away. Could easily be trusted as climbing equipment :laughing:
IMG_7288.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #165 of 212
Just got a Supra USB 2.0 cable, made in Sweden. Inexpensive, well built as I’ve ever seen, great sound quality, music appears to come from a blacker back ground. Robust connections, beats the crap out of AQ, they should be ashamed of them selves! They make a higher end version but no need to go there, based on my experience and some online reviews as well. $50 for a meter. Add $10 each additional meter. It’s a no brainer!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back