Bluesound Node - New 2021 model!!
Jan 20, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #136 of 212
Hallo,
Ja das wäre super.

der Singxer Su 2 ist ein DDC.
Siehe hier:
https://de.shenzhenaudio.com/produc...digital-interface-femtosecond-clock-interface

Der Singxer Sda 2 ist ein Dac/Verstärker siehe hier:
https://de.shenzhenaudio.com/produc...ing-dsd512-ak4497-decoder-headphone-amplifier

Ich denke das es ein Problem gibt mit der Schnittstelle vom Su2.
Warum das Signal nicht weiter geleitet wird bzw. wenn dann schon fehlerhaft an den Su 2 ankommt.

Die andere Sache ist warum ich mit der BlueOS am Pc nichts machen kann?
Müsste ich den Node an den Pc via Usb anschließen?

My Dog is German and I don't understand him either.
From my understanding, the Singxer is a DDC that you have plugged into your computer. So you're not using a separate amp or dac?
For me, the Node would be used instead of a DDC as a streamer. It's already a clean music source so no need to run it through a ddc or connect to your computer.
The way I use the BS Node is connecting straight to my Dac or AMP (if I want to use it's internal dac). Install the app on your computer and control from there or ipad / iphone etc. If you have an amp / dac, try doing this. I have zero experience with DDC's so thats the best I can do.
IMG_6766.jpg

Wolfgang says Hallo!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #137 of 212
Just clicked on your second link and understand what you have.
Try connecting direct to usb on this unit (not ddc) and also try coax and see if it works. Also if the app isn't working on your PC, try and wire the node with ethernet directly to yor router instead of using it on wifi. That may help

http
2eb8cda888809d93a9a0dc9115e93430_2048x2048.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #138 of 212
Hello and thank you for your help.
Is a beautiful dog the name also fits, 😁.

If I leave out the ddc and connect the node via usb to the dac it works.
What I could try is to go to the DDC and then connect via coax if it works then.
I'll unpack it again tomorrow.

Why can't I control the node via the PC when Blue Os is on it?
I've seen it in videos that it can be controlled via a laptop.

Jan 20, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #139 of 212
Hello and thank you for your help.
Is a beautiful dog the name also fits, 😁.

If I leave out the ddc and connect the node via usb to the dac it works.
What I could try is to go to the DDC and then connect via coax if it works then.
I'll unpack it again tomorrow.

Why can't I control the node via the PC when Blue Os is on it?
I've seen it in videos that it can be controlled via a laptop.

You should keep it simple

Node > SDA-2 via USB or Coax
Or
PC > SDA-2 (no need for a streamer)

Jan 23, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #140 of 212
I am thinking about buying a Node. I have a couple of questions to clear up before I make my decision though.

1. Does the volume control still affect volume when the Node is feeding bit-perfect to an external DAC? I would assume bit-perfect output would mean the volume on the Node 2i is disabled. When sending music files digitally out of the Node, the DAC of the Node is bypassed. However I am sure I read somewhere that volume control is still active. I.e. affects volume of music sent to external DAC.

2. About the BlueOS app, or the Node software.

Does the Node group albums by 'artist' or by 'album artist'.

It's easier to explain this another way. I have a Sony DAP that groups by 'album artist'. I also have an A&K DAP that albums by artist. Sadly with the A&K DAP, it means many albums get messed up. If an album by E.g. Dido has a guest artist, that's where it goes wrong. The track with the guest artist gets listed as a separate one track album, by that guest artist. It's not listed in the tracks on the Dido album.

In other words how does the Node group albums. Am hoping it does not split up albums like my A&K DAP does. Especially with compilation albums like hypothetically, Rocks- Greatest Hits, where each track is by a different artist.

Jan 23, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #141 of 212
I cannot use the network share with my Node as my music is on a 20 tb hard drive and way too big for the Node to handle.
However I do compromise and find I can use a powered usb hub into the usb on the Node with 4 1 tb ssd plugged in to give me a good range of my music. It’s a pity you cannot delete folders from the menu though so I could top up as and when.

I use the coaxial for external dac with my Hugo 2. So can forego the usb for the above. Perhaps future nodes can have two rather than hdmi.
The indexing erks me as I only ever search by folders anyway as I play albums.

It is a pity you cannot forego indexing and just search folders on large network discs but hey ho. Upnp would have been better.

Jan 27, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #142 of 212
Hi folks! Just got my new Node, a little confused about how to use that HDMI port... I tried to connect that port to my TV's arc HDMI port, but seems the TV can't recognize it, and also can't make the TV output it's sound to Node... Appreciate for any help!

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #143 of 212
I am thinking about buying a Node. I have a couple of questions to clear up before I make my decision though.

1. Does the volume control still affect volume when the Node is feeding bit-perfect to an external DAC? I would assume bit-perfect output would mean the volume on the Node 2i is disabled. When sending music files digitally out of the Node, the DAC of the Node is bypassed. However I am sure I read somewhere that volume control is still active. I.e. affects volume of music sent to external DAC.

2. About the BlueOS app, or the Node software.

Does the Node group albums by 'artist' or by 'album artist'.

It's easier to explain this another way. I have a Sony DAP that groups by 'album artist'. I also have an A&K DAP that albums by artist. Sadly with the A&K DAP, it means many albums get messed up. If an album by E.g. Dido has a guest artist, that's where it goes wrong. The track with the guest artist gets listed as a separate one track album, by that guest artist. It's not listed in the tracks on the Dido album.

In other words how does the Node group albums. Am hoping it does not split up albums like my A&K DAP does. Especially with compilation albums like hypothetically, Rocks- Greatest Hits, where each track is by a different artist.
1 - You can set the node to "Variable" even if streaming to a DAC. If you watch my review, you'll see that this confused the hell out of me when setting everything up initially. This is great if you don't have remote volume control on your amp and feeling lazy.

2- hopefully someone with a Node and a an internal music library can help you with this. I only use mine for streaming.

Chibs

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #144 of 212
Hi folks! Just got my new Node, a little confused about how to use that HDMI port... I tried to connect that port to my TV's arc HDMI port, but seems the TV can't recognize it, and also can't make the TV output it's sound to Node... Appreciate for any help!
You may have to fiddle with the settings on your TV to get it to work. Depending on the TV it may not work at all. I have an LG CX that works perfectly on and an older Samsung Q8 that does not. Work around would be using optical if you have that as an option.

Chibs

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #145 of 212
I note I can get an external drive connected to my MAC pro to work via network share.

However after a while it decides the directory can no longer be accessed, permission denied.

Any clues as it works fine, builds the library and plays and then few hours later decides it won’t allow access.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #146 of 212
In the new Node 2021, do all three digits output the same? If I’m bypassing the dac do I get 24bit/192 kHz out of all? I’m guess the USB will be the highest but am curious because I tried the Coax and it gave me a sweeter fuller sound but not as accurate and sharper as I heard out of the USB.

Outputs:
Toslink
Coaxial
USB

Native Sampling Rates​

up to 192 kHz

Bit Depths​

16-24

Performance​

SNR -113dBA
THD+N, 0.002%

DAC​

32-Bit, 384kHz
Differential Output design

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #147 of 212
In the new Node 2021, do all three digits output the same? If I’m bypassing the dac do I get 24bit/192 kHz out of all? I’m guess the USB will be the highest but am curious because I tried the Coax and it gave me a sweeter fuller sound but not as accurate and sharper as I heard out of the USB.

Outputs:
Toslink
Coaxial
USB

Native Sampling Rates​

up to 192 kHz

Bit Depths​

16-24

Performance​

SNR -113dBA
THD+N, 0.002%

DAC​

32-Bit, 384kHz
Im about to AB them myself, but right off the bat before listening.

The USB output may or may not be bit perfect, digital coax output IS bit perfect if either set to fixed or 100 percent volume. USB doesn’t have a fixed option..

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #148 of 212
Im about to AB them myself, but right off the bat before listening.

The USB output may or may not be bit perfect, digital coax output IS bit perfect if either set to fixed or 100 percent volume. USB doesn’t have a fixed option..
USB out is bit perfect and fixed volume. Coax is bit perfect and you have the option to make volume variable or fixed.

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #149 of 212
USB out is bit perfect and fixed volume. Coax is bit perfect and you have the option to make volume variable or fixed.
Hence before listening, looks like that volume slider shouldn’t be there.

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #150 of 212

Outputs:
Toslink
Coaxial
USB

Native Sampling Rates​

up to 192 kHz

Bit Depths​

16-24

Performance​

SNR -113dBA
THD+N, 0.002%

DAC​

32-Bit, 384kHz
Your impression is not wrong. I'm hearing slight differences between Coax and USB. Unfortunately, I'm listening on my Gustard X16 instead of Pontus II.
I miss my Pontus. :triportsad:

Imisspontus.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back