Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #61 of 337

What is the cable combination in that picture?

Is it a Male to Male Mini USB Cable? Was it sold as 5 Pin to 5 Pin?

It's a micro-B to mini-B cable, it was sold as part of some other random thing I bought a year or so ago so I have no idea how many pins are actually wired. there's a mini-B to micro-B adapter on the headphone side in the picture.

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #62 of 337

It's a micro-B to mini-B cable, it was sold as part of some other random thing I bought a year or so ago so I have no idea how many pins are actually wired. there's a mini-B to micro-B adapter on the headphone side in the picture.

Do you mean that the cable was a Mini Male to Mini Male then you put a Female Mini to Male Micro adapter?

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #63 of 337

Do you mean that the cable was a Mini Male to Mini Male then you put a Female Mini to Male Micro adapter?

No, I mean exactly what I said. Headphones have a micro-B, SPI has a micro-B. I had a micro-B to mini-B cable (pictured) and a mini-B to micro-B adapter (pictured at headphone connector.) Mini-B and micro-B are both 5 pin but I don't know if the wire is, as USB cables are normally wired with 4 wires with 2 pins shorted.

Reference:
http://files.cablewholesale.com/hires/30u1-08500.jpg
Micro-B (left) Mini-B (right)

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #64 of 337
Wow,

Thats some great source of knowledge on this thread, I was also about to order them and had some queries about its models, but reading that the aptX is not enabled for cell phones is a big disappointment for me.

Like a lot of other potentially interested buyers , I am keeping my fingers crossed for the experiments and adventures by "Hakanai Sheishin"  to see how it turns up and whether it is possible to unlock the aptX mode for mobile phone connection.

I think for the value offered by Bluedio, the headphone are great, but the effort of first finding the USB-SPI tool (that too getting shipped by a taobao agent) and then hunting for a 5 pin micro USB cable separately makes it too much of an effort and frustration, especially when the modding geeks want everything to be delivered in one package to let them make it work rightaway . :)

I have the following queries and suggestion, would be great if I can get community response on them :

1. After some positive progress we would all like to to know the exact parts (the dreaded 5 pin micro B to micro B ), URL links for buying and the procedure in Windows about how the whole adventure of reprogramming the EQ and enablking the aptX for mobiles, really works. It would be a big help to the community.

I can see that the item on taobao http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.35.4eHusO&id=19155829924 is shown with a white micro USB cable. I suppose this is the cable for which "Hakanai Sheishin" has been hunting for, to begin his work. So just asking from him , when you bought the item from an english taobao agent, didnt it already come with this cable ? to really make it work.

2. Browsing through Amazon, I can see that there is a "Legend" version of these headphones. I just wanted to know that is it an official product variant from Bluedio, cannot seem to find information about the "Legend" version from the Bluedio website. Apparently they are the ones with metallic finish (dont know if real metal is used in the construction). Would be nice if anyone can confirm this, cause I am thinking of buying the "Legend" version (in gun metal colour). Have a look at the link http://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Bluetooth-Headphones-Bluetooth4-0-Retail-Gift/dp/B00H1XKC2U/ref=cm_rdp_product

3. Even though not a very relevant question for this forum, but since so many people want to know its aptX performance when paired with cell phone, I am tempted to ask. I have Samsung Galaxy S4 which is even published on the aptX website to be one of the cell phones which support aptX. I just want to know about how to confirm that it supports Bluetooth audio aptX (any terminal or ADB command), will this command even output the presence of aptX , even if the mobile is not paired to an aptX complaint device and actively streaming the audio.

4. If connected to an aptX complaint device , do we have to use the stock android ROM Music or Media player to get the benefit of aptX audio streaming. Or we can use any media player of our choice (like MX Player, Wondershare or even the ported Sony Walkman App) while running the stock ROM and would get the aptX music stremaing . I am running the stock ROM 4.2.2 and prefer the ported sony walkman app for listening to music.

Would really appreciate the feedback and opinions for the queries, which are not only for me, but would help the community at large.

Would be keeping updated with the progress of this thread.

Thanks.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #65 of 337
Ohh. Sorry, I thought that it was micro on the SPI. That makes sense as Micro to Micro is in the USB Standard.

Are you able to take a photo of the IO port for reference?

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #66 of 337
MindVentures- To answer some of your questions:

- Will give links to stuff once I find the right combination of stuff that works.
- Steps in Windows will be available if I get it to work, the basic steps for communication are included with the firmware update available on their website.
- The agent received the SPI and it did not include the white cable, they took pictures and it was not there. I suppose it's possible that I'm extremely unlucky and they just forgot to include it on my order, which I will find out when I contact them on Monday.
- The legend version is just a special color/appearance, I don't think there's a difference from the R+ non legend. If I had to guess the material is plastic still, if it was metal the headphones would most likely be heavier, it's definitely not aluminum because they don't get cold.
- The S4 should support apt-X, I believe all samsung phones since the note 2 have supported apt-X. I believe it shows up in ADB as apt-X initialized or something, haven't used it in a few weeks now. Some google searching should find the answer. It will only show up when the device connects via bluetooth.
- I think there are some android roms that enable apt-X but I don't know if it's natively supported, might need to add it on to the rom after the fact or something (I don't use custom roms, sorry)
- Here's a picture of my legend R+ (titanium) http://i.imgur.com/cVZ5eMU.jpg

cdmonk-

It is micro on the SPI. There is Micro-A and Micro-B in the USB standard, however micro-B to micro-B is not. Micro-A is identical to micro-B but the outer part of the cable is rectacle, not trapezoid. Here's a picture of the cable I used, again. http://i.imgur.com/niAAcHo.jpg Both the headphones and the SPI are micro-B.

Here's a picture of the IO ports, right is to PC, middle is to headphones, left is optional bare connection to chip. http://i.imgur.com/s5iis4h.jpg

Sorry if picture quality isn't great, taking them with my phone.

Edit: You know, if it wasn't for the fact that I already bought the headphones, 2 adapters, and now a cable in addition the the SPI. I would just buy another SPI and see if it included the cable but at this rate I'm just burning money that I don't need to burn. Spend much more and I'll have spent enough to buy better headphones.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #69 of 337
micro b/b m/m cable from ebay is in chicago atm, I'm in ohio so it'll be a few days at least, I was expecting weeks so we'll see what happens.

edit: Got it today and it did not work, waiting for response from the Taobao seller on whether they can send me one of their (obviously proprietary) cables.

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #70 of 337
I'm looking at the legend version, it seems Amazon has a coupon for -$10 on them right now. I just want to make sure, is there no difference between those and the R+ at all besides visual appearance? What about build quality?

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #71 of 337
Hey guys, just got my  Bluedio r+ yesterday, so far I love em!
 A few questions though:

Cant get NPC to work with my Note 3, it just says unable to connect. Is that the same as apcx, that was disabled?

I also have a Samsung Sereis 7 Slate and Id like to pair them with both. Right now its a pain in the butt, If I have them paired to the phone and want to pair it with the Slate, I have to hold the MF button for 4 sec,click the BT icon in win8, choose "add or show BT device", click remove device on the R+, go back to win desktop, click the BT device again, and add device again, then click the R+ and pair them. after that  I have to go in to the audio menu and check the R+ as the sert device device. Is there a specific procedure Im missing here? Its seems ridiculously complicated.

Cheers Tim

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #72 of 337
  I'm looking at the legend version, it seems Amazon has a coupon for -$10 on them right now. I just want to make sure, is there no difference between those and the R+ at all besides visual appearance? What about build quality?

There is no difference in build quality just color difference.Though there is a small difference on the left cup where the log is. the white pair is like a mirror finish and the sliver has raised letters without the mirror finish. I own them in white and just got the Legend Sliver yesterday. I had no issues with the build quality, owned the white pair for a couple of months. 
 I would remove the foam that covers the tweeters, very easy to do. Makes a big difference balancing  out the sound, not so bass heavy. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #73 of 337
  There is no difference in build quality just color difference.Though there is a small difference on the left cup where the log is. the white pair is like a mirror finish and the sliver has raised letters without the mirror finish. I own them in white and just got the Legend Sliver yesterday. I had no issues with the build quality, owned the white pair for a couple of months. 
 I would remove the foam that covers the tweeters, very easy to do. Makes a big difference balancing  out the sound, not so bass heavy. 

How the ¤%& did you get the thin piece of plastic the holds the cushions in place back in that thin 1mm slit?

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #75 of 337
So guys, I wanted to remove the felt for the clearer sound, but I dont seem to be able to get any plastic bits off, even with a blade, so I started pulling on the actual pillows, and they started to come out. The pillows are attached with a  very thin piece of faux leather, which now seems impossible to get back in to the thin slit where it was fixed. Im scared to take it off all the way in case I cant get them back on.  Did I just screw up my brand new headphones? The person who posted the step by step has taken the images down. Can someone please be a bit more descriptive of the process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back