Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
Sep 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #16 of 337
  Thanks for the reply. Good to know its just not my pair and theres a hopeful fix. It does go for long periods of time without doing it (or maybe i just dont notice) so its not earth shattering. I've emailed them too and will stay tuned to this thread...

In the meantime, lower the volume from the source, and increase it from the headset. Should get rid of it.

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #17 of 337
I just repaired them and now my volume is substantially louder (almost too loud..) and its not happening. But I've paired this thing multiple times with 2 devices and it weird sound issue happened previously with both.

edit:
yep i'm seeing that. was just about to say I count about 15 volume 'beeps' on the headphones. when initially paired its at max and i don't know notice the problem as much (or ever). I'm about 15-35% volume on my pc source and im max volume on the phones and its pretty damn good... 

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #19 of 337
I don't have this particular set of headphones but I do have 2 different Creative Labs APT-X pairs (350 and 450). I have also used the Klipsch One BT/APT-X in my setup.

I only quickly viewed this thread but it looked like APT-X may not have been active for some of the posters.

Bluetooth 4.0 is not by itself APT-X. Also, I have not noticed Windows reporting APT-X connections.

I use an a Creative APT-X dongle which the headphones pair to automatically. The headphones do not show up as paired in in my tablet Bluetooth utilities when they are connected this way. The Dongle alone appears in the playback devices. The audio options in the playback devices are more like a standard digital wired source when using the APT-X adapter including Tablet side EQs and other adjustments that are not available when connected or standard Bluetooth.

There are other vendors that make the APT-X dongles as well. Some cell phones have APT-X but I would love to see more for the improved fidelity and features.

I apologize if this is all common knowledge here, but thought it might be helpful for those that may not realize both side requirements for APT-X benefits.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #20 of 337
Bluetooth got really better thesedays. While I don't have any bluetooth headsets, I do have bluetooth adapter using APT-X with csr codec, connected to my main amplifier. They sound pretty good and much convenience since I do not have to plug in my smartphone.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #22 of 337
  I took off the earpads, and removed the felt inside glued to the driver, exposing the 3 tweeters. Mids and highs are MUCH better now. If you don't mind messing with your headset, I suggest doing it.

Thank you for being the guinea pig, it is much appreciated. 

I just did this and it did help tremendously imho.  What was nice, but clearly a bass-fest, is now much more balanced.

Now the stupid/probably obvious question from a guy that hasn't torn headphones apart before: How did you get the rubber seal back in?  Did you take the shield out with the screwdriver clips and seat it back underneath somehow or is there an easier way?  I have them Macguyvered at the moment. 
L3000.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #23 of 337

Thank you for being the guinea pig, it is much appreciated. 

I just did this and it did help tremendously imho.  What was nice, but clearly a bass-fest, is now much more balanced.

Now the stupid/probably obvious question from a guy that hasn't torn headphones apart before: How did you get the rubber seal back in?  Did you take the shield out with the screwdriver clips and seat it back underneath somehow or is there an easier way?  I have them Macguyvered at the moment. 
L3000.gif

I just removed the pads, and then tore off the glued felt over the drivers. I didn't take the shield out.

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #25 of 337
I am really interested to this pair of headphones (bt 4.0, nfc, aptX)

But, 8 speakers, seriously? i doubt if it will damage my hearing.
What kind of devices do you connect to these headphones? pc, phone etc.?
Does aptX really work to deliver high quality streaming sound?
anyone try the nfc?

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #26 of 337
The nfc works great.the headphones can be turned off and bluetooth turned off on your phone and you just hold the phone up to the side of the headphones with nfc on for 3 seconds and it turns the headphones and bluetooth on and pairs them

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #27 of 337
  I am really interested to this pair of headphones (bt 4.0, nfc, aptX)

But, 8 speakers, seriously? i doubt if it will damage my hearing.
What kind of devices do you connect to these headphones? pc, phone etc.?
Does aptX really work to deliver high quality streaming sound?
anyone try the nfc?

If this is still a relevant question (have not visited this thread in a while) I'll sum it up thusly after a couple months use:

They can be loud, which is a plus compared to every other BT set I've owned.  They can quite literally function as portable speakers given a decent source...I put them on my nightstand and let podcasts (bt from my pc) play as I fall asleep and and can hear them fine a couple feet away.  Damage to your hearing certainly seems conceivable if you blast them into your ear holes all day.

They sound pretty good imho, and I for one like the equalizer presets.  From a fairly neutral sound, to muted lows, to a emphasis on lows with a nice separation (which I think most people would use), to a 'v' at the highs and lows (which I don't personally like as it makes the highs pretty tinny), to a more pseudo open-back sound (what some call  a '3D' setting now-a-days)...not in that switching order.

I use them on my htpcs and phone (S3).  No complaints from people about call quality in the later regard, and I've asked a few people (whom couldn't tell).  Granted, it is fairly quiet in my house.  NFC works fine if you find it useful.  I personally like that they indeed can be paired to both a pc and phone at the same time...I did not know that was a feature of this set when I bought it.

As for apt-x, I am still not convinced it is working correctly with the stock firmware, as least on PC.  I have the old, cheap creative wp-350s and there is a pop-up that apt-x is working every time they are paired to a pc (from the CSR Harmony drivers).  These do not.  When I used the default windows 8(.1) drivers for the adapter I imagine most are using (azio btd-400, made by realtek) even after they 'windows updated' to those dated July 2013 (newer than Harmony by a long shot) and made by realtek, I was having issues with the headset getting disconnected (dropped randomly).  It sucks because the sound seemed different, if not better, with these drivers, and apt-x probably was working.  Occasionally though I was given a pop-up from windows saying something to the effect there were problems with 'audio enhancements', asking if I wanted to disable them.  I settled on going back to Harmony and not knowing what is going on...at least it works, and they still sound good.

While there is supposedly an equalizer and firmware upgrade downloadable from their site, it's completely borked.  Sure, you can connect the phones and go into the CSR bluesuite software and mess with a bunch of stuff by clicking on a diagram, and in theory save the settings and program them, but in no way is it user friendly (even to get that far).  The instructions in one of the files you can download explain in broken Chinglish the firmware can be updated with a file included...which isn't included.  Many have tried to reach out to Bluedio and they have been unresponsive.

So, all in all...Worth their price (~$100)? 

Absolutely.  The feature set, the underlying hardware (both the drivers and csr chip) are unmatched at this price.  That said, there are certainly issues (which seem fixable but likely won't be).  I think a lot of people will like them if they try them.  It's a step up from most everything else I've seen in the price range (especially for volume and bass), and a lot less intimidating than other sets springing up in the $300 range from Sony, Philips, and Creative.  I see myself upgrading to one of those sets at some point when they are all reviewed and there is a consensus.  Until then, I'm quite happy with this purchase, even if a little annoyed.

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #28 of 337
Hi guys, I have been looking for opportunity to adjust for EQ bluetooth, and finally I found out the way which works, to switch modes, must be pressed simultaneously, volume buttons "+" and "-". And for getting rid of the deafening sound you should remove the embouchure and remove gray foam layer,  as it was mentioned here. As a result sound is clear and the bass is not as loud.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #29 of 337
Thanks for all the reviews and information, it decided to buy me one too. What a wonderful sound.

Is it difficult to place the embouchures back in its place? How are they holding? With glue?
I'm a bit scary to pull them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back