Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
Dec 5, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #32 of 337
Quick question. Is there any sound indication when EQ mode is switched ? For how long should I keep + and - pressed to see effect ? I'm not sure if there is any difference to be honest. 

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #33 of 337
No indication, but when you listen to music through bluetooth and simultaneously press the vol+and-" (short press), the difference hear exactly (only Bluedio R+ model). EQ consequently switches 5 modes (as in SD mode - Classic, pop, rock, voice, ???)

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #35 of 337
I mailed Bluedio about how to flash the firmware. I had a very quick response, within 12 hours. This is the answer :

'Thanks for your letter and your supporting of our products.

Actually the firmware updates and the EQ adjusting are not available, unless you have a USB-SPI tool.
The complete instruction i have uploaded there, http://1000eb.com/qyuz, i name it 11.zip, and it's about
11.9M.

The USB-SPI tool may have not been sold overseas but only in domestic China, here also attached a link about
this tool, http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.35.4eHusO&id=19155829924 . That's how it looks,
and it's about USD20. You can ask your Chinese friends to buy you one.

Hope these information will do a little help.

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards,'

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #36 of 337
Just want to know if you guys can get AAC to playback through the microSD card?

Also it's media player will only look for the extension the file has and use appropriate player. So it is not intelligent.

If you rename .wav file into .mp4 the file will not playback.

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #38 of 337

Thank you for being the guinea pig, it is much appreciated. 

I just did this and it did help tremendously imho.  What was nice, but clearly a bass-fest, is now much more balanced.

Now the stupid/probably obvious question from a guy that hasn't torn headphones apart before: How did you get the rubber seal back in?  Did you take the shield out with the screwdriver clips and seat it back underneath somehow or is there an easier way?  I have them Macguyvered at the moment. 
L3000.gif

I just did this on mine and they are definitely improved, but still needs some bass pulled using the EQ.
 I am not sure what rubber seals you are referring to. I used a slim blade between the fake leather and the side and levered. The pads are on a plastic insert that clicks in to the case.

I was actually trying to get in to the other side when I did this to get access to the board. It appears that you can not change the EQ using USB. The spec sheet for the CSR chip that runs most of these specifies that the USB interface is for Audio and Charging. There are 5 pins on the IC that you need access to which they should have presented on the board so that they can add the BlueCore firmware's settings. You need a USB SPI and access to these pins in order to get to the configuration of the EQ in the DSP.

http://www.czwtech.com/uploadfile/cfile/20121224103629171.pdf

The user guide is very misleading and suggests that you can access the firmware via USB which according to the chipset manufacturer is not possible (unless they nicely put a USB SPI in the headphones)

It feels like there is a screw near the USB port which is when i stopped levering.

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #39 of 337
since we are talking about bluedio "R"-series gear here, I got a question:
has anyone had a chance to check out the R2 model and -what's more interesting- compare it with R+ ?

or maybe there is another thread on it already and I just didn't find it.

thanx

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #40 of 337
since we are talking about bluedio "R"-series gear here, I got a question:
has anyone had a chance to check out the R2 model and -what's more interesting- compare it with R+ ?

or maybe there is another thread on it already and I just didn't find it.

thanx

The lack of NFC, volume controls and micro sd-card are the biggest difference. If you don't need them, the R2 is a good choice, i think. Specs look the same.

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #41 of 337
The specs are not exactly the same, for example the impedance:
R+ has 2 woofers (50Ω) and 6 3D speakers (16Ω)
and
R2 has 2 woofers (50mm 32Ω) and 6 3D speakers (13mm 16Ω)
and I know about the NFC difference and there was also something else as I recall (don't really remember it now).
I've seen the specs on paper (as much as I found about it on bluedio website), but I was wondering about the real life performance of R2 and also compared to R+ - both ways:
- via bluetooth
- cabled

though regarding the technical specs I'd still would like to know about both models:
- what's the sensitivity ?
- what's the maximum output ?

by the way: which model is newer ? R+ or R2 ?

Dec 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #42 of 337
Does the R+ buttons allow you to fast-forward and rewind playback?  
I don't mean "next track" and "previous track", but rather the incremental forward & backwards.  

Also, would these be considered some of the better bluetooth headphones for an action movie experience with explosions & deep bass rumbling?  
Will they make my earlobes vibrate?  :p

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #43 of 337
  The headset would not let you manually enable pairing mode without first turning off the bluetooth radio on the phone first or the headset.

Just found out how to do that.
Here is how to enter the pairing mode on R+: (without turning off the phone's bluetooth)
1. Press the MF button once to turn it on...
2. Keep on double clicking the MF button until it is showing blue and red led
Very simple but undocumented.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #44 of 337
  I mailed Bluedio about how to flash the firmware. I had a very quick response, within 12 hours. This is the answer :

'Thanks for your letter and your supporting of our products.

Actually the firmware updates and the EQ adjusting are not available, unless you have a USB-SPI tool.
The complete instruction i have uploaded there, http://1000eb.com/qyuz, i name it 11.zip, and it's about
11.9M.

The USB-SPI tool may have not been sold overseas but only in domestic China, here also attached a link about
this tool, http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.35.4eHusO&id=19155829924 . That's how it looks,
and it's about USD20. You can ask your Chinese friends to buy you one.

Hope these information will do a little help.

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards,'

Thanks for this information. I've found a site that I can buy the USB-SPI from in english. Unfortunately your first link no longer works. I just purchased the R+ and will probably be getting the SPI tool to adjust the headphones thanks to all the information in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back