Bluedio impressions thread
Aug 17, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #137 of 352
Unfortunatley all versions of android are seemingly completely different from each other. I cant find anywhere to un sync.

My wife just got oreo, and we are constantly googling on how to find the options on it, and even between phonemakers android 8 is different. Lol so confusing. A sign Im getting old. Fancy gizmos and doodads.

Aug 17, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #138 of 352
Unfortunatley all versions of android are seemingly completely different from each other. I cant find anywhere to un sync.

My wife just got oreo, and we are constantly googling on how to find the options on it, and even between phonemakers android 8 is different. Lol so confusing. A sign Im getting old. Fancy gizmos and doodads.

I totally feel you.

I was always a rooted and custom firmware Android guy, and had to switch to iPhone due to finally caving in and getting my teenager daughter a phone.

While I dislike a lot of things about Apple and iOS, the one thing that I really appreciate is the consistency (between models, between OS versions, etc). As you said, I’m not getting any younger, and relearning everything with each Android phone and/or release was getting quite old and frustrating.

Aug 18, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #139 of 352
Im still not shipped yet. I wish there was a way to cancel. Bluedio seems to me like possibly one of the worst effing companies I have ever experienced, and I don't even have the crappy ass headphones yet. Once I get my stuff I plan to file a complaint with AE and with Bluedio.

Jeffe's review was pretty good to me. I like that he paid his own cash for the phones. He comes off as a mainstream consumer headphone guy, and that's exactly who these phones are marketed too. I am encouraged that he though these sounded good. I like that he thought the bass was deep. I am also encouraged that he said they were too loud for him. I also like him calling out bluedio for cheesing out on not including the cable. I guess we will see. :beerchug:

It's how all Chinese companies do business online with new products, even phone giants like Xiaomi and Oneplus. It builds desireability for the product (because you have to wait for it) and is a well known, albeit old-fashioned marketing technique that has pretty much died out in the West due to overregulation of the marketplace. Impatient, entitled Westerners are no going to change a successful sales technique that most high profile Asian companies use. If/when these companies have a Western presence then their marketing methods would probably have to change (but LG seem to use similar "Hey! We have a great product, but we're not going to ship anywhere near enough units to retailers." technique, but it repeatedly backfires for them), but nothing is going to change while they are based in China.

Aug 18, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #140 of 352
Oh this better not be true! I also asked if the T6 supported AAC beforehand, and now you mention this ontop it all the other lies Bluedio have said, I’m now thinking they have lied just to get the sale

They probably didn't lie to get the sale; they more likely 'lied' because they wanted to make you happy by telling you what they thought you wanted to hear. I live in Asia and have to put up with this frustration (for a westerner) every day.

Aug 18, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #141 of 352
They probably didn't lie to get the sale; they more likely 'lied' because they wanted to make you happy by telling you what they thought you wanted to hear. I live in Asia and have to put up with this frustration (for a westerner) every day.

Well a lie is still a lie, whatever their motivation, sale, cultural or whatever.

They have pissed off and tainted their name for many here at head-fi who could have so easily been pioneering brand ambassadors and endorse their products.

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #142 of 352
Well a lie is still a lie, whatever their motivation, sale, cultural or whatever.

They have pissed off and tainted their name for many here at head-fi who could have so easily been pioneering brand ambassadors and endorse their products.

I totally agree. Just saying that in my experience in living in Asia for 17 years, its a 'cultural' thing to lie to make the person they're lying to feel better. Then, when you find out they lied to you and confront them, they don't understand why you dicn't like the 'good news' they gave you.

:face_palm:

Aug 18, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #143 of 352
I totally agree. Just saying that in my experience in living in Asia for 17 years, its a 'cultural' thing to lie to make the person they're lying to feel better. Then, when you find out they lied to you and confront them, they don't understand why you dicn't like the 'good news' they gave you.

:face_palm:

They don’t want to disappoint.

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #144 of 352
Posting just to warn about the same good deal on the Bluedio TM's soon over Aliexpress for about €17 / 20$, which in all fairness for someone looking an inexpensive pair of convenient pair of wireless headphones these are a very good option.

Again bear in mind that they don't have fancy AAC / APTX-HD codecs and also don't come with audio cable, needing to be purchased over their support line for roughly $5.

Being BT 5.0 they connect very quickly and I should guess with high SBC bitrate, as they sound quite good with all detail. Expect a bit of graininess on the Mids when the music gets more complex, but good overall balanced sound sig and good extension.

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #146 of 352
Posting just to warn about the same good deal on the Bluedio TM's soon over Aliexpress for about €17 / 20$, which in all fairness for someone looking an inexpensive pair of convenient pair of wireless headphones these are a very good option.

Again bear in mind that they don't have fancy AAC / APTX-HD codecs and also don't come with audio cable, needing to be purchased over their support line for roughly $5.

Being BT 5.0 they connect very quickly and I should guess with high SBC bitrate, as they sound quite good with all detail. Expect a bit of graininess on the Mids when the music gets more complex, but good overall balanced sound sig and good extension.

How do you contact their support line to buy a spare cable? And is it China only?

Aug 22, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #149 of 352
Emailed em. Wonder how long this process will take?

@Slater You get them phones yet? Also maybe order 2 cables so you can tear one down and figure out What is so special about these. I had chance to run through a few usb to 3.5mm cables and no go on any of them. Weird stuff.

Aug 22, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #150 of 352
Emailed em. Wonder how long this process will take?

@Slater You get them phones yet? Also maybe order 2 cables so you can tear one down and figure out What is so special about these. I had chance to run through a few usb to 3.5mm cables and no go on any of them. Weird stuff.

No, not yet. The T6 has been stuck in New Jersey for 11 days now (since 08/11). No clue what the heck the holdup is. I know it’s not customs, because it cleared customs a few days before that.

It probably fell behind someone’s desk and is just sitting gathering dust. I could have walked from Ohio to New Jersey and picked them up in person by now!

I just hope my package wasn’t in this shipment:

5D5B002B-9612-4926-830A-541848F4D007.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back