Bluedio impressions thread
Aug 3, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #93 of 352
I have Windows PCs, a chromebook, abd iPhone.

Would any of that work?

On the iPhone itself I don't know where to see it, but connected with a cable to a macOS device, its easy to check with the console app. Anyway seeing from some feedback on the T6 ELJEFE video review, I think it's also not supporting AAC.

As for the codec indeed its not made by Apple, but they were the ones popularizing it with their wireless stuff. As for the licensing fees I think they don't exist for an open format, but the bluetooth chips supporting it are still not so common, which makes the ones supporting it more expensive, increasing the price of bluedio gear...

In all fairness I came to the conclusion that with a good connection, SBC codec usage is not so bad... Either from some research https://www.rtings.com/headphones/learn/sbc-aptx-which-bluetooth-codec-is-the-best or by listening to them.

From what I can tell it does introduce some small artifacts in the higher frequencies, which is noticeable with some songs sounding a little more raspy, the rest is okay.

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #94 of 352
On the iPhone itself I don't know where to see it, but connected with a cable to a macOS device, its easy to check with the console app. Anyway seeing from some feedback on the T6 ELJEFE video review, I think it's also not supporting AAC.

So none of my products have even shipped yet, but it looks like I’ll be opening disputes as soon as they do then!

T6 for falsely claiming AAC support
B6 for falsely claiming to have a USB C to 3.5mm cable.

Aug 5, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #96 of 352
Update:

I am driving on the highway right now. I happened to have the TN with me, so I tested them on the highway with both windows down and a speed of ~80mph. Music was set very low, about 2 on a 10 scale. I wanted to hear the road and wind noise over the music (to give the ANC a difficult task), vs trying to drown out the noise with the music.

The TN’s ANC cut the deafening wind noise by about 80%, and sounded like a light breeze in the background. As far as the music, I couldn’t even tell that the ANC was active. Very impressive.

Also, the highway wind noise is very similar to the type of noise you hear in an airplane cabin.

So this goes to show that ANC performance varies with the type of noise (and I suspect Bose and Sony performance would vary also). It didn’t work that powerful with a vacuum cleaner, but worked awesome with the wind noise.

Update #2: As promised, I performed some more ANC testing. For a lawn mower (24” push style, not a large riding mower), ANC cut the noise by about 80%! I am definitely going to mow the lawn with ANC on from now on (vs no ANC like I’ve been doing). For an 18v power drill, it made about a 5-10% difference. In that case, I wouldn’t even bother using ANC because the battery life would be reduced for no real ANC benefit. For an angle grinder (which has failing bearings, making it 3xs louder than a normal angle grinder), it cut the tool noise by about 50%. For a leaf blower, it reduced the noise by about 25%.

So Bluedio’s ANC (in the TN at least) seems to work more effectively on lower frequency noises (wind, lawn mower, etc), and less effectively as you get higher frequency (drill, vacuum cleaner). This makes sense, because microphones have more trouble accurately picking up high frequencies. My guess is Bluedio can further improve ANC performance by installing microphones with a wider dynamic range.

Also, I want to clarify “wind” noise. The kind of wind noise ANC cuts down on is indirect wind noise. So in a car with the windows down, a convertible, in a plane, etc. this would be the wind itself making audible noise, but not blowing directly on you. If you were to stick your head all the way out the window on the highway, that would be direct wind noise, which ANC can’t overcome. In fact, while bicycling (15-25mph), ANC makes wind noise about 25% LOUDER! So when you are in direct wind, you want ANC disabled.

Would the Bluedio TN be one of the better budget ANC ear/headphones? or would you recommend some other pair?

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #97 of 352
Would the Bluedio TN be one of the better budget ANC ear/headphones? or would you recommend some other pair?

It's the only ANC IEMs I own. So I can't compare them to any other ANC IEMs.

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #98 of 352
So none of my products have even shipped yet, but it looks like I’ll be opening disputes as soon as they do then!

T6 for falsely claiming AAC support.

They also told me that T6 has AAC support. I have limited experience with this but T6 with my iPhone sound significantly better than paired with my windows PC so i think this might be true. I hope you get yours soon!

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #99 of 352
20180806_234141~3.jpg 20180806_234048_Burst01~2.jpg

Just got my T6 a few hours ago. But haven't had any burn in time on them yet.

First impressions:
They don't look as nice as the T5. But are definitely lighter and easier on the fit side due to the elongated pads.

Sound wise, they are a lot bassier than the T5. But theres that sparkle at the top end that makes it sound fun.
Played around with the EQ on the Hiby Player on my phone. Glad to say it responds pretty well to tweaking and sounds pretty sweet when tuned to my prefered signature.

Bummer is the lack of a physical volume button. But its plenty loud for my purposes.
On the Hiby Player EQ, there's a volume gain adjustment. Surprisingly it works to ramp up the volume a notch without obvious issues.

Letting burn-in on frequency sweep and pink noise for day. See if things evolve after that.

For what I paid, think its a pretty good deal. Afterall, it was US$28/- all in.

Edit and Addendum:
These cannot play and charge at the same time. I was looping the frequency sweep and then plugged in the USB power cord. It stopped playing. Its a bad implementation IMO.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #103 of 352
Ordered the bluedio TM 2018's during the pre-order for $20 CAD. Order showed up today which is impressively fast. Less than 3 weeks. Looking forward to trying these out tonight and posting some first impressions. I very much ordered on a whim so i dont really know what to expect. I'm hoping the build quality is good enough for the gym even if the sound isn't the best.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #104 of 352
My T6 bought during the sale were released from customs at JFK airport today. That means should have them in hand early next week.

So anyone who ordered during the sale and have been waiting and waiting, don’t fret.

I will provide an update once I’ve received them and had a chance to evaluate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back