1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bluedio impressions thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Slater, Jul 18, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. Slater
    BTW, I have seen more than 1 report of that bluetooth volume fix working (ie turning off the sync).

So yes, that is a valid fix.

The volume issue isn't on every phone though; just some. So the fix may not even be needed at all (obviously, @BadReligionPunk needs the fix though).

2. BadReligionPunk
    Ok. So T6 sounds pretty good. Would go into more in depth detail about it, but the T6 only supports SBC codec. No AAC. No AptX or AptxHD, and def no LDAC. Also apparently it does not play through a myriad of cables either. I ordered one from amazon so when that one doesn't work tomorrow there will be zero reason for me to ever use these again.

LOL

Oh well. Any chifi trades?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  3. CardigdanWalk
    I think my bluedio is almost here ... how do I know?

I just got a letter from the post office saying their is a customs fee to pay. (Have never had one before for items!)

I’m guessing this is because they shipped the two items together, so that has pushed it over the limit!

Again, I know that’s luck of the draw, but given how I know it’s a headphone which isn’t as advertised (no AAC) and speakers that are missing a cable, I’m not exactly overjoyed.

If I could go back, I would not have ordered.

4. BadReligionPunk
    Really? Fees on what exactly? A pair of phones and the speaker? That's like what $60? Is the speaker part of Trump tariffs? How much extra you gotta pay? Sorry for all the questions but that's just bizarre.

At least the headphones sound really good and Im sure the speaker is really nice too. Let us know @CardigdanWalk

5. CardigdanWalk
    In the UK anything over $19 can get hit with import tax. Most stuff from AliExpress is small or sellers are kind enough to put low volume to get through.

As stated, I think the fact that I ordered two items had caused this. If they were shipped separately it would have been fine, together = over the threshold = pay the tax!

Fee was $3 in import tax (based on a % of the item cost written),and $10 in “handling charge” by the post office.

6. BadReligionPunk
    Ok. Sorry. Thought you were in usa. Yea uk. That makes sense now. Sorry again. Hope you atleast enjoy the stuff.

7. CardigdanWalk
    Raging doesn’t even come close to how I’m feeling right now ...

I ordered a T6 and a BS6

Finally arrived, after paying for customs tax, and they have only sent the BS6.

No sign of the T6 at all.

It’s just pure incompentance!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  8. Roderick
    Wow...just wow. This is a farce. I have not received mine yet. It was "dispatched to overseas" ten days ago. If they actually put it on a plane I'd guess there should be some updated info by now...

9. BadReligionPunk
    So you payed tax because they packaged both together, but they didn't? Yea, I would definitely be livid. If you feel like posting impressions of the speaker here, it would be appreciated. Would understand if you felt like not even opening it and setting it on fire though.

Markolav and CardigdanWalk like this.
  10. Markolav
    Another not-so-good-review for T6:

trellus likes this.
  11. Roderick
    remember to BURN in your headphones!

trellus likes this.
  12. Slater
    Well, I still haven’t got my T6 yet, but my thoughts on the video would be:
    • I actually like flat box, which started from the T4S. They ship easier, and stack up easier (for those of us that save the boxes). The T3 boxes were huge (even though they were more "premium", and they had a ton of wasted packaging. Storing them (as I have 3 pair of T3 variants) takes up a lot of room.
    • I totally agree; the lack of 3.5mm cable is BS. Bluedio saved, what, $0.50 usd per headphone?
    • The “low volume” is a known Android issue and has an easy fix (turn off the sync setting).
    • The ANC doesn’t work. Not really a big shock, as the ANC doesn’t work well in just about every Bluedio product. The only exception seems to be the TN earphone, which it works great on.
    • I agree with him on the fabric Bluedio uses for the bags - super soft and luxurious feeling. I would love some generic earpads made of that material (like HM5 oval pads for example). And also some bedding made out of it too. I know that may raise a few eyebrows, but I suffer from chronic nerve pain, and hard/stiff/scratchy bedding makes it difficult to sleep well. I would sleep like a baby with sheets made of that headphone bag material!
    I’ll bet if it wasn’t for the low volume thing, he would have had a different overall opinion. That clearly was his biggest frustration.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    trellus likes this.
  13. BadReligionPunk
    I still havent figured out how to fix the low volume on my phone. Android 6.0.1

Other then that I use sony nwa45. Been using the TN's a lot lately. Noticed that the phones sound pretty veiled when first paired. Turning the volume down on the phones and raising the volume on the dap, helps clean up the mids immensly. No need for eq at all.

14. SuperLuigi
    So been using the TM 2018 for a few weeks now and initial impressions still stand. Fairly blah, but great for the price.

My biggest issue seems to be the mic. I haven't had a chance to listen to the call audio myself, but the feedback hasn't been best. Comments about not sounding as good, and had someone describe it as a fish bowl sound/hollow sound when i was talking. Seems to just have a noise even when i'm not speaking. So that's a little disappointing.

I also haven't been able to use the voice control to control my android phone either, but that might be something i need to look up or figure out. When i activate the call dial on teh headphones, google assist pops up on my phone, but it doesn't hear any follow up commands.

15. Roderick
    there was that one way to enable something etc... I did not pay attention. There is however another way. App called poweramp. It's just a player so (to My knowledge) does not help with Spotify.

I got it for listening podcasts at work. My earmuffs had semi difficult to drive takstar hi2050 drivers installed. I worked in a very loud enviroment so I needed the extra SPL.
    Tried a dozen apps and only poweramp worked. It increases volume alot both Bluetooth and Wired. At some point it starts to distort but it can make any headphone loud. Planars, hd800 etc

There's a free trial and full version cost like $5.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last