1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bluedio impressions thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Slater, Jul 18, 2018.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. SuperLuigi
    Lol I haven't heard the word numnuts since I was a child. Very accurate description though.

I wish I could change it myself. The really bass focused one is horrendous. Everything is muffled and the audio sounds like it's being filtered through water. If someone gave me headphones that sounded like that, I would assume the headphones are broken.

Slater likes this.
  2. Slater
    Thanks, I'll be here all week doing 2 shows daily haha

trellus likes this.
  3. hifi80sman
    So true. But it's more like "Alrighty boss, it's Tsingtao time!"

Slater likes this.
  4. base08
    For those with macOS devices a tip to improve the bitrate in which SBC codec operates and ensure always the usage of the highest bitrate 320kbps possible (which in my case did open the soundstage and clarity even further, placebo or not...):

1 - open terminal (press cmd+*spacebar*, type "terminal" and hit *enter*)
    2 - copy paste these commands onto the terminal:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" 80
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 80
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" 80
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)" 80
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool" 80
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max" 80
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min" 80
    3 - restart your mac
    4 - if you wish to return to the default settings should you have problems with range or interference repeat the steps 1 to 3 but instead on step 2 copy paste the following:
    Code:
    defaults delete com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)"
    defaults delete com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)"
    defaults delete com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)"
    defaults delete com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)"
    defaults delete com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool"
    defaults delete com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max"
    defaults delete com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min"
    Hope it helps some set their peace of mind for the highest quality possible with SBC only headphones :)

trellus likes this.
  5. Slater
    Does this work on iPhones too? Or is it not necessary?

6. base08
    I'm afraid only works on macOS not iOS. Should be some way to do this but probably requiring to have the iOS device jailbroken...

As for being necessary, it would ensure you are getting the maximum bitrate on the device to device bluetooth handshake process. If you are near a lot of interference the two devices usually negotiate a lower bitrate to ensure minimum connection interruptions, in detriment of higher music fidelity. It's always a tradeoff that should be easily accessible to the user on the settings...

I'll try to see how to change these settings on iOS devices and if I find something I'll post here.

Slater likes this.
  7. Roderick
    Pad replacement on T6? I have this habbit of ripping apart every headphone I get. I thought I do it only for inexpensive headphones, turns out I always do it.

Anyway, pad replacement on t6. One might feel bit suspicious about opening them. Despite the Ledge, there is traditional bluedio clip on system.

Knive it and it pops out. IMG_20180827_162612.jpg IMG_20180827_161031.jpg

trellus, base08, vinokurov and 2 others like this.
  8. BadReligionPunk
    Most of the Marley headphones use that system. Very familiar with it. It's an awful design flaw imo. The liberate xl for example has extreme basshead levels of bass, but at certain level the plastic on plastic attach points make a horrible vibration noise very much remenicant of the 16 years old Honda civic with 18 inch Rockford Fosgates driving down my street at 2am.

9. Roderick
    Yeah my my marley ttr have similar design. Now that they sell for about those are a bargain. Awesome for 30 dollars.

BadReligionPunk likes this.
  10. Slater
    Looks good buddy.

I’m still waiting on my T6.

They’ve been sitting in Secaucus, NJ with DHL for almost a month now.

I have no idea what is going on or where they are. I can’t contact DHL because the tracking number I have is not a valid DHL number (it’s only a tracking number from the Chinese shipping company).

I can’t open a dispute with Aliexpress for another few weeks.

Who knows if they will ever show up.

11. base08
    The Bluedio TM has the same system, as I tried today to peak inside using the same knife lever technique, so I would guess the Pads from either should be interchangeable.

Also interesting enough I noticed the driver grill has a strange hole shape in the middle, which I think was supposed to exist in order to fit a microphone for noise canceling...

I think they either considered to put noise canceling features on the TM, or more probably they use the same driver used on the T6...

trellus likes this.
  12. Slater
    I have seen that hole in Bluedios before. I forget which model it was though. You are right - it is for unused ANC microphones. Either it is because they reuse molds between some models, or ANC was not implemented on a particular model (or both).

I think it was the T4S, which only had 1 ANC mic (not dual). 1 grille had a mic glued in place, and the other just had a hole for it.

And yes, the dull knife method works on every Bluedio I’ve ever seen, as they all have the same attachment design.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    trellus and base08 like this.
  13. base08
    Anyway dropped feature or not, considering the performance from the other ANC enabled models, I'm not missing it...

Considering the very similar design between the T6 and TM, specially in the cups, I would guess the only difference between both should be the amp chip, the ANC features and the design of the pads plus the head band.

Been using my TM on the go, as my throw-in-the bag remote working gear, and besides the mid range being on the weak side (the v-shaped sound sig is slightly over my preferred taste) I'm enjoying them.

14. Slater
    Yup. The ANC is useless on their full size models.

And yes, they share a lot of parts between headphones. That’s not all that unusual though. Most companies do that to some extent or another, from automobile to appliance manufacturers.

base08 likes this.
  15. cowboy14
    Hi Slater, i read all 12 pages and i wonder if you received your item yet?

Also i am new here and dont know that much detail like you. I want to buy a headphone from Aliexpress ( amazon, ebay dont in my country yet.. I am from Bangladesh), My budget is 60$ only... Bluedio t6 price is 49$now.... Should i get it or can you suggest me a good bluetooth headphone in this range from Aliexpress? Thank you in advance. I already opened a thread but answer is out of my budget.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last