Blu-ray movie discussion thread (pics added - page 1 & 7)
Sep 10, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #136 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my sharpness setting is set to 0

i only noticed it twice during the part of the movie when the jaggies occur

once on some text and once on some mountains... but i should mention i was looking for them as i had already seen the screenshots

with some luck maybe paramount will do a replacement program with discs that don't have what is probably just some kind of encoding error... if not no real loss

but getting off braveheart's one small flaw... i'm deeply disappointed in the screenshots i've seen of the Gojira bluray... reminds me of a dollar store DVD

I wish they'd recall Gladiator... what a disaster of a transfer, one of the worst DNR/EE offenders to date. And wth is the deal with the spear fragments? Not to mention missing arrows and the likes, seriously what a f%$ing mess!
bdspears.jpg

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #139 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what's your most amazing audio track?

I'd vote for the 7.1 TrueHD in The Nightmare Before Christmas....simply outstanding on headphones!
smily_headphones1.gif

The Incredible Hulk and The Curious Curious of Benjamin button

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #141 of 161
Quote:

both lossless?

Kill Bill 1's LPCM is also amazing!

Yep, curious case also has reference video and The Incredible Hulk pq is close to reference quality

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #142 of 161
Hulk reference video quality? I guess we don't have the same standards/edition...it looked like VHS to me, especially the intro, the colors were bleeding like crazy
redface.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #145 of 161
Quote:

Hulk reference video quality? I guess we don't have the same standards/edition...it looked like VHS to me, especially the intro, the colors were bleeding like crazy
redface.gif

I am of course refering to the new hulk film and not Ang Lees film. I also said it was almost reference, not that it is reference.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #146 of 161
Agreed, Incredible Hulk looked and sounded amazing. My favorite audio tracks are Sweeney Todd, Cloverfield, Serenity, Hellboy II, Monsters Inc., Quantum of Solace, Kill Bill Vol.1, POTC3, Kung Fu Panda, MI:III, and Watchmen.

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #148 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed, Incredible Hulk looked and sounded amazing. My favorite audio tracks are Sweeney Todd, Cloverfield, Serenity, Hellboy II, Monsters Inc., Quantum of Solace, Kill Bill Vol.1, POTC3, Kung Fu Panda, MI:III, and Watchmen.

I agree, all of the above have terrific aq, though as a side note is it just me or do others find that many people only ever consider action films to be reference annoyingly common.

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #149 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Terminator 2? That had terrible edge enhancment.

That's why I imported the UK release... big improvement over both US releases.

Iron_Dreamer - Nice call, I almost forgot that one... might not be up with the others for my personal list but the end fight scene was pretty impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back