Blu-ray movie discussion thread (pics added - page 1 & 7)
Sep 11, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #151 of 161
Sep 14, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #152 of 161
Picked up The Thing yesterday. Have to admit I was a bit disappointed compared to the deluxe disc that came out a few years ago. They left off quite a bit of the bonus materials in the BR.

I could also swear that I saw some color-timing problems with the first couple of reels. Seemed to be rotating to green on my set. About halfway through it stopped. Pretty good transfer, but I think someone should have looked at the beginning of the film a little more closely.

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #153 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picked up The Thing yesterday. Have to admit I was a bit disappointed compared to the deluxe disc that came out a few years ago. They left off quite a bit of the bonus materials in the BR.

I could also swear that I saw some color-timing problems with the first couple of reels. Seemed to be rotating to green on my set. About halfway through it stopped. Pretty good transfer, but I think someone should have looked at the beginning of the film a little more closely.

Yeah, the HD-DVD was superior and Uni botched this one with DNR as well. I believe the UK release had all the extras but was unfortunately the same transfer so I'm holding on to my HD-DVD copy until they release something better.

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #154 of 161
Another week, another Blu-Ray of a movie I love is screwed up with transfer issues. I'm referring, of course, to "Hero", which is apparently saddled with a mediocre picture, and a TrueHD track featuring English dubbing instead of the original Chinese
frown.gif

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #155 of 161
Amelie comes out in November, i'm hopping for stellar vq and aq.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #157 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you like green, it'll be fantastic
biggrin.gif

Me like green.
beerchug.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #158 of 161
Gladiator being ruined.... Nooooooooooooo. I got it earlier this week but I haven´t had time to see it yet. Hopefully it´s not to bad.

As for best soundtrack phantom of the Opera easilly. Man is that intense in a surround system. If Pride and Prejudice ever get a bluray release. (maybe it has I haven´t checked) it would probably beat it though.

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #159 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gladiator being ruined.... Nooooooooooooo. I got it earlier this week but I haven´t had time to see it yet. Hopefully it´s not to bad.

As for best soundtrack phantom of the Opera easilly. Man is that intense in a surround system. If Pride and Prejudice ever get a bluray release. (maybe it has I haven´t checked) it would probably beat it though.

Are you talking about the new Phantom of the Opera movie? In which case I can't stand the so-called singers used. Argghh, it makes me made thinking about it. I guess it may be reference, but my disdain for the singers used makes it painful for me to listen to it.

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #160 of 161
What is wrong with the singers? I thought they did a fine job
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #161 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another week, another Blu-Ray of a movie I love is screwed up with transfer issues. I'm referring, of course, to "Hero", which is apparently saddled with a mediocre picture, and a TrueHD track featuring English dubbing instead of the original Chinese
frown.gif

So sad they messed up with the transfer, movies like this were meant to be watched in HD!

They have the best equipment in the world and they still can't transfer properly, and then they just go ahead and release it. Sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back