Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Feb 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #301 of 1,134
HiFlight,

I'm curious, in your experience and opinion what headphones ( can be anything IEM's, full-size) have the same or better sound sig or same qualities I guess as the ANV3's.

Thanks ...

I only compared them to my buds, but in comparison to my other IEM's or full-sized cans, they are in the modded Porta-Pro category. They do not compete with my custom IEM's. They are bested by my Sony EX800ST and Phonak PFE232 universals. They do share a similarity to the Klipsch X10 SQ. I don't mean these comments to be negative, as they deliver a fun, non-fatiguing sound and can certainly compete favorably with buds or universals that are above their price phone.

I do prefer the very inexpensive AKG K311 over the TM7. I keep listening to the K311 over and over, thinking I am making a mistake in my preference, but the imaging and midrange clarity (where most of the music lives) is really quite impressive. The Anv3 has more bass, but like the AKG K1000, one doesn't really miss this bottom octave in the K311. Twenty bucks well-spent!

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #302 of 1,134
I am much prefer TM7 over K311, even K319. Warm mid seems to be what AKG earbuds are good at, but otherwise they sound really boring and overly smooth to my ears.

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #303 of 1,134
Quote:
I am much prefer TM7 over K311, even K319. Warm mid seems to be what AKG earbuds are good at, but otherwise they sound really boring and overly smooth to my ears.

I haven't heard K311, but I really like the dry and spacious presentation of K319. Still, they are easily beat by TM7. Even old vintage legends such as Sony MDR-E484, E282 and Aiwa HP D9 are beat by TM7, at least in my opinion. Well, TM7 cannot touch the soundstage of the D9, but overall the blox beats the Aiwa...

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #304 of 1,134

Smoothness is one of the major characteristics that I seek in my audio equipment, but then I mostly listen to classical, instrumental and vocal music. No rock, trance, etc.

Please note that my posted impressions are only my personal preferences in phones, not absolutes.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #305 of 1,134
Over at http://www.jr.com/ the K311's are only $8 for the Arctic blue version. So I bought a pair and see if I agree with your remarks :)

Also regarding the ANV3 packaging, my 1st pair did come in the old M2C box. But the 2nd pair I got did come with a newer case that was used for the TM7s. To me the packaging is a non issue, so I never asked why they came in 2 different boxes.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #307 of 1,134
Quote:
Please note that my posted impressions are only my personal preferences in phones, not absolutes.

Of course. I am doing just that as well.

Haven't really seen the newer AKG earbuds (the K309 and K315) around much. I wonder if they are a step up or down because strangely AKG names them in lower number.

Feb 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #308 of 1,134
This may be an odd request for a compare but can someone possibly compare the ANV3 to the new Apple earpod? It's the only bud I have and I'm trying to figure out the ANV3 is the direction I want to go for my first higher end earbud.

What I'd like to find is a little less boomy bass than the earpod, much more sparkle, air and space, and also lose the glare the earpod has in the upper mid. Thanks!

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #309 of 1,134
You have answered your own question, yes the anv3 is exactly what your looking for. No comparsion between the anv3 because of the higher quailty driver and tuning. Speed is amazing, bass deep with nice impact, airy wide deep soundstage, mids being foward and treble be sparkling beautiful. But I warn you do NOT use the foam pads, they make them sound congested and slow. :) hope you get them and tell us how you here them :)

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #310 of 1,134
Quote:
But I warn you do NOT use the foam pads, they make them sound congested and slow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Donut foam pads is the way to go!

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #313 of 1,134
That's funny.  I always prefer foam pads.  Sounds tinny without pads.  In fact, I use the full foams pads OVER the donut pads.  Maybe that configuration just works better for my ear size/shape.  I think mochill is in the minority here.  I would bet most people prefer the sound with pads.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #315 of 1,134
After listening the M2C, I don't think it justify the price difference to get the TM7 unless you require a balanced and neutral sound which the TM7 provide. The M2C is a more lively sound with more bass. I normally prefer neutral sound and yes the TM7 have better clarity, but its hard to tell, its just fun to listen to the M2C because it give good bass impact which tends to be lacking with earphones at this size.

My only regret about the M2C is I didn't order two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back