Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jan 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #212 of 1,134
I have several pairs of cheap earbuds (the ones that come with portable audio players) that I don't exactly baby (mainly used for exercise, not stored carefully) and none have actually failed on me (yet?). Is it just bad luck/quality control when people have issues with the durability of these Blox earbuds (there's probably plenty of people who have never had issues with their Blox earbuds that just don't post here)? Or is it that people are expecting more in build quality for what they pay?

Just seems odd to me that one is already having issues after a few months with his TM7 and another user speculates the ANV3 won't last long, yet still buys them anyways. I guess they just sound that good, right?
etysmile.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #213 of 1,134
Quote:
I have several pairs of cheap earbuds (the ones that come with portable audio players) that I don't exactly baby (mainly used for exercise, not stored carefully) and none have actually failed on me (yet?). Is it just bad luck/quality control when people have issues with the durability of these Blox earbuds (there's probably plenty of people who have never had issues with their Blox earbuds that just don't post here)? Or is it that people are expecting more in build quality for what they pay?

Just seems odd to me that one is already having issues after a few months with his TM7 and another user speculates the ANV3 won't last long, yet still buys them anyways. I guess they just sound that good, right?
etysmile.gif

See bolded. The cable isn't horrible.. it's just scary at this price point. It appears fragile.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #214 of 1,134
PK1 has worst cable than TM7 and it harden over time even under care, but I have mine for many years and it has stood the test of time. However, I have seen many report on PK1 failing as well. I have also seen top end Sennheiser earbuds' cable splitting by itself sitting inside its case without any use, now that's scary. Now I think we will always find faulty pair of any headphone regardless of how well it might seem to be built. Though we wish otherwise, headphone is still consumable for the most parts.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #216 of 1,134
For $70 it's a bargain. With Blox earbuds you have to treat them with care, why ?  only 6 months of warranty and the plastic shell and cable IMO are cheap. On the 1st pair of M2Cs I have, the cable has started to go hard but the sound is amazing. I have yet to have any issues with the TM7.

I'm sure Blox will work with you if something fails, but if they no longer have the part, your screwed.

Honestly if they did not sound so good I would not bother buying from them. But taking care of the Blox earbud, I see no reason why they won't last you a few years.  Speaking of years, my Yuin PK2s, 2.5 years old and the cable is fine and never had an issue with the earbud.

And you are correct, it would seem the cable on the TM7 is better than the M2C cable. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #218 of 1,134
My friend has used M2C for 6 month. And now, the cable is hard and easy to broken. I think TM7's cable is much better than M2C's. So I won't buy the ANV3 if it has M2C cable although it may be the best bang for the buck

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #223 of 1,134
They usually do take a little while to process orders. Give it a few more days.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #224 of 1,134
Quote:
I bought it and it has been 4 days now and I didn't get a email saying that your item has been shipped or someting .....I'm kinda worried
frown.gif

I ordered Monday and got this message 2 days later...
I also asked about # of units and Woo says less than 100 now.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for purchasing our product.
We will ship a package on Jan 29th.
Once we ship it,we will inform you of a tracking number.
Best Regards,
Woo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back