Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Mar 25, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #376 of 1,134
^
It means the ANV3 used the TM7's diaphragm with different magnet, and M2C's housing 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #379 of 1,134
well.. tbh i got it already :D im just not sure wether i made the right decision since my original plan was to get the YUIN PK1 with an amp.

besides, do you think the ANV3se would be "better" than the ANV3?

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #381 of 1,134
Quote:
well.. tbh i got it already :D im just not sure wether i made the right decision since my original plan was to get the YUIN PK1 with an amp.

besides, do you think the ANV3se would be "better" than the ANV3?

I owned the PK1 for over a year, it's an excellent buds of course, but it needs to be amped it to show all its potential performance. The ANV3 imo is more convenient, you just direct plugging it to your DAP, it will show all its potential performance, no need headamp. (sorry my bad English)
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #382 of 1,134
Quote:

I owned the PK1 for over a year, it's an excellent buds of course, but it needs to be amped it to show all its potential performance. The ANV3 imo is more convenient, you just direct plugging it to your DAP, it will show all its potential performance, no need headamp. (sorry my bad English)
tongue.gif

i actualy saw some people saying that the ANV3 is better than the PK1 with AMP, would you consider it so?

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #385 of 1,134
Guys, some critical thinking may be in order here.

The ANV3 used the TM7 driver ("Utilizing TM.7's diapragm and M2C's housing" said Blox's website on 13 March 2013; no, I'm pretty sure they don't mean this literally that it only uses the diaphragm while they got the magnets from somewhere else - unless someone has a reliable source that that's what happened).

The ANV3se uses the ANV3 driver ("Utilizing ANV3's driver and M2C's housing" said Blox's website today).

In other words, ANV3se uses the TM7 driver, see?

Not surprisingly then, ANV3 and ANV3se have identical specs.

ANV3 (according to Blox's website on 13 March 2013):
"Driver : Dynamic 15 mm.
Frequency Response : 20Hz - 18KHz
Impedance : 32Ω
Sensitivity : 107dB/mW @ 1KHz
Cable : TPE 1.2 m. (3.5mm. plug)"

ANV3se (according to Blox's website today):
"Driver : Dynamic 15 mm.
Frequency Response : 20Hz - 18KHz
Impedance : 32Ω
Sensitivity : 107dB/mW @ 1KHz
Cable : TPE 1.2 m. (3.5mm. plug)"

So what's the difference between the ANV3 and the ANV3se? Based on the above info, which is from Blox's website, the only difference is a price hike of 50%, which is seemingly explained by only the sentence "Tunned for good clarity and transparency" said of the ANV3se but not of the ANV3. This is where critical thinking should come into play and some further questions asked.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #386 of 1,134
Yeah, thats a good question which confused me too after reading their website.
perhaps the ANV3 were just like a small cheaper "free" (cheaper) specimen of what is to come. perhaps this is how they lured their pray(us)
to get the ANV3se version.  who knows...

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #387 of 1,134
Quote:
this is a pretty expensive AMP... i wonder if it wouldnt been better to just get the PK1 with a cheaper AMP :D

I have not heard the PK1 but it has a high impedance and needs an amp. The ANV3 certainly does not need an amp although it will benefit from one, it is not necessary!

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #390 of 1,134
Quote:
diapragm is not a driver! It is like what hold the magnet in place so Vid is incorrect!

They also say the sound of the ANV3se has been "tunned" – but I'll grant them that they were careless with their words and meant to say 'tuned' instead of implying that the sound has been placed into a container, i.e. tunned. Likewise, I'd assume that by diaphragm they mean the driver unit.

However, if they mean that the ANV3 (and the ANV3se as well by extension) used only the TM7 diaphragm, then an even more critical question would need to be raised. That is, what makes the TM7 driver better than the M2C driver – is it the diaphragm or the magnets? In other words, is it misleading of Blox to state that the ANV3 (and by extension the ANV3se) makes use of TM7 technology in the case that the best part of that technology is left out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back