Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Mar 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #391 of 1,134
I emailed them.  Basically it is the same arrangement as the previous ANV3 but with a slight tuning change.  The SE is supposedly a bit faster, a bit more flat and more dynamic.  I suppose I'll give the SE a shot.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #392 of 1,134
I think your all reading to much into their marketing. They arnt trying to scam anyone, in fact they have the best game I have Ever heard, it would be acceptable for the original anv3 to be like 300 usd.

If you don't already have a blox ear bud then I would jump on this while it's around.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #393 of 1,134
I don't think it's a scam but it's definitely market driven and not due to some $30 worth of upgrades to make it into the "se" version. It's just a real head scratcher how Blox does their marketing/promoting.  They take the driver/diaphragm from their $140 model and shove it into their $30 model's case and sell it for $70 (mind you the cases look EXACTLY alike except for color).  Then they do some kinda "tweak" to this $70 model and sell it for $100.  I think this can backfire and turn off some customers (as we've already see in a few posts).  It's definitely very weird to this TM7 & M2C owner.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #394 of 1,134
Quote:
I emailed them.  Basically it is the same arrangement as the previous ANV3 but with a slight tuning change.  The SE is supposedly a bit faster, a bit more flat and more dynamic.  I suppose I'll give the SE a shot.

If the driver is the same and the housing is the same and the specs are the same as the ANV3, where does the tuning come from one wonders.

I suspect Blox may be in a bind here.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #396 of 1,134
If the driver is the same and the housing is the same and the specs are the same as the ANV3, where does the tuning come from one wonders.

I suspect Blox may be in a bind here.

Tuning could be done with dampening material and venting options in the housing. Perhaps they could do something to stiffen the diaphragm as well.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #397 of 1,134
BTW, i kinda asked them if it is possible to send the components of the bud so i can choose a housing and cord by myself and do the job alone, but i got a response that its much harder work than i expected it to be, and most likely ill end up damaging the bud. i guess he is right perhaps it was a crazy idea afterall :D
and Woo , thier representetive was really nice explaining that.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #401 of 1,134
I am still enjoying the anv3 so I will stick with those for a while, until they come out with the anv3sese or wathever is next. Good to now though that if I break them I can still get the anv3se, although there might be a wait.
About the anv3 driver, Blox told me also that it has the same diaphragm as tm7 but a different magnet, so whoever posted that before me is completely right.
About the price hike, I see it as follows. For their 3th anniversary they released a limited edition bud with a good price. Well this bud turned out so well that demand was higher than the supply of the anv3. It would almost be cruel to deny people the anv3 sound. So they decided to make and sell more, taking away the limit edition status of the anv3 and maybe even worse they upgraded, although even so slightly, the earbud. So I think to compensate for these two factors they bumped up the price of the new earbud. So people who got the anv3 still have some exclusivity by having bought the bud at a lower price.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #402 of 1,134
Lol..... Even I am completely lost. 

I've love to know what specifically has changed compared to the ANV3 and is the extra $20 going into R&D or is it a new part.

"This model is available for only this year"

Honestly sounds like our "limited edition" ANV3 is no longer limited .... :)

SE have the same specs as ANV3s

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #403 of 1,134
Spec doesn't really have to do anything with the sound, I also Emailed the about the difference and they told me its the same drivers as the anv3 but they tuned it to be faster better dynamic range and flater frequency response . They as said that the are still working on there highend earbuds.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #405 of 1,134
ANV3 is high end for sure ahahah!

They make earbuds really slowly as have lack of resources and machines. Next year they are moving and will have a better factory and make them quicker and more plentiful. Also I don't think it is even worth questions the slightly larger price. Any ANv3 would have happily paid that I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back