Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Oct 13, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #61 of 6,129
I agree.

I love the sound of my silver one, and I’m perfectly happy getting a 2nd silver one if it would guarantee the tuning is the same as my 1st one. But I would obviously prefer to have 1 of each color. I just don’t want to risk there being a difference in the sound between the 2 colors. Hopefully we’ll get to the bottom of it before 11.11.

This “different color, different tuning” thing isn’t unheard of though. The Rock Zircon has this anomaly as well. The white ones sound better than the black ones. And of course the 2 colors of the 1More H1707.

Usually, it just boils down to one color being made in a different factory or a different production run with slightly different drivers. And in the case of the 1More, we know for a fact each color uses different drivers because 1More told us.

Actually the Sony MH755 also has different sound signatures between the black and white MH755s (assuming they are legit of course, the black ones seem to have more bass on FR).
I wouldn't be suprised that if the silver and brown BLONs are made at different factories, they might be consistently different in tuning. Maybe just a few mm difference in where the drivers are placed or maybe even different drivers used.
Argg, I thought the BLON hypetrain had arrived and left my house, but now it seems I gotta get onto a second BLON hypetrain and get myself a brown BLON.

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #62 of 6,129
In my case, after giving both the silver and gun metal BL03's more than 100 hours of play time, my conclusion reveals that there's a slight variation in the lower sub-bass and the treble as well. With the silver, I hear slightly deeper and extended detailed sub-bass response, while the treble carries better detail and clarity at the very top. Now, in the other hand, the gun metal BL03 seems to carry more of a bass/mid-bass approach with a more noticeable lower treble splash while still maintaining transparency as the silver, but not likely as natural or lush.
Just my 2 cents...unless my ears are playing tricks on me! :thinking:

if I'm not mistaken, you have a couple of the gunmetal version? do they sound exactly the same?

Oct 13, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #63 of 6,129
There is nothing wrong with the brown one. I am more than happy with mine.
I've got the brown one in my Ali cart too...just because I already have so many polished silver iems (KanasPro, TFZ No.3 and ZS10 PRO). I'm looking for something a bit different this time...not just in sound, but also in looks. I'm keen to have a "gunmetal" shelled iem in my collection.

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #64 of 6,129
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #65 of 6,129
According to @FastAndClean , he heard slight differences where the gunmetal (or many called them brown variant) sounds a bit warmer, thus the silver one like cleaner with more trebles.
I love the silver one tuning and sounds and I haven't order the brown one, to be frank I like the gunmetal/brown color more, but if the tuning is different, I just order the silver one again.
Can you confirm this after you receive yours? thanks
I think I need to order silver ones as I have found 3 major faults in my gunmetal BL-03. No drastic faults but after using KPE for longer time, noticeable for my ears. KPE is clearly better IEM for my ears and for my gear.
Will soon post some measurements and impressions. I did fast measurement once and it backs up my initial impressions but saw slight imbalance between L/R channels in bass area, nothing noticeable but want to be sure it didn`t came from coupler/driver venting/pressure.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #68 of 6,129
Actually the Sony MH755 also has different sound signatures between the black and white MH755s (assuming they are legit of course, the black ones seem to have more bass on FR).

Good point, I forgot about that one :)

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #69 of 6,129
I am confused of what we are saying.

Essentially the colored model has a different metal material for the casing?

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #70 of 6,129
Guys, what do you mean by "measurement? Making graphs of the sound?

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #71 of 6,129
I've got the brown one in my Ali cart too...just because I already have so many polished silver iems (KanasPro, TFZ No.3 and ZS10 PRO). I'm looking for something a bit different this time...not just in sound, but also in looks. I'm keen to have a "gunmetal" shelled iem in my collection.

Snap.
Except mine is now clearing customs.

Fancied something different from my Zs10 pro, CCA C10 & C12.
Thought of getting a Zs10 pro with a blue plate.
But, I had to join the hype train. Choo Choo.
Hoping it's as good as they say, even if it's in gunmetal.

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #72 of 6,129
Hoping it's as good as they say, even if it's in gunmetal.

I feel like some are assuming or even saying that the silver is the "good one" and the brown is "meh"

Well I have the brown and it is great. AND the stock cable works for me and ,as I have said, I will not change it unless I can get a balanced one with exactly the correct connectors. I did not try the stock tips and now I don't even know where they are...in one of the many bags of tips that are lying around everywhere. Symbio Peels are perfect with them for me. If I find some cheaper ones that work as well I will use them. The Peels are too expensive to use on too many things.

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #74 of 6,129
i wrote it a couple of times, will do it again, read it two times if you need - both are great, there is no better set, they are just a bit different, one of them is a bit warmer the other one is a bit brighter, that is it

I know that you said that in this thread and I actually prefer warmer, but some have said that the silver has better extension at each end which does translate as "better" to many.

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #75 of 6,129
I know that you said that in this thread and I actually prefer warmer, but some have said that the silver has better extension at each end which does translate as "better" to many.
sure, some may prefer the silver one, what i can do is to give my personal thoughts about the two versions, for me they play at the same level, i am glad to have both of them for a different flavor from time to time but i use the brown pair more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back