Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Oct 14, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #91 of 6,129
Is the Blon a Para B then?

No, Blon is NX7 style. TFZ has a few models that also use the same socket.

The ABC is a KZ thing. Blon uses different sockets.

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #92 of 6,129
One thing I find fascinating with this IEM is that there are like 10 or so graphs and every single one of them is completely different from the next. Like its a totally different IEM type difference. Never seen that before with any other IEM. Usually they are all really really close with very small variances. The Blon 03 is all over the map.

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #93 of 6,129
One thing I find fascinating with this IEM is that there are like 10 or so graphs and every single one of them is completely different from the next. Like its a totally different IEM type difference. Never seen that before with any other IEM. Usually they are all really really close with very small variances. The Blon 03 is all over the map.

Given the difficulty of getting a proper fit for a lot of people, my guess is the differences we see in FR graphs is due to:

1.) getting a good seal with the coupler
2.) getting a reliably consistent insertion depth
3.) making sure the vent by the nozzle isn’t blocked by whatever is being used to seal against the coupler (usually blue tac)
4.) the source used for the measurements (cell phone or laptop vs an amplified source).

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #94 of 6,129
Its also possible that there are variances due to shoddy construction or different materials in batches ect.(think of the IEM with like 5 different drivers used that you are mapping) I have a silver one and its more or less a bright leaning, upper mids dominant IEM, with good stage. Good all rounder, but not warm or bass heavy like some are hearing. Impressions seem to be all over the map as well. Also throw in the sound differences being touted here between model colors. Im just wondering if there is an issue here. Probably not.

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #95 of 6,129
Just got my 2nd bl03 and I stupidly ordered the same "gunmetal" color as my 1st one lol.

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #96 of 6,129
Ok, I could find 9 FR graphs:

blon-dump.jpg
full: https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/10367523.jpg

As Slater pointed out, rig variation, insertion depth, seal, etc... will play a role. But apart from the last ones I don't think they stand out that much from each other. The Crinacle's unit isn't flat at 400Hz but you can see Antdroid's FR graph only one side gets flat at 400Hz, which could be a just filter position mismatch. At least my gun-metal pair is highly addictive. :p

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #97 of 6,129
I dont know, after I changed the cable it's like I switched from $5 flea market set to a decent $100-200 set.

i changed it to a much pricier Lyre 8 braid cable, it raises and fatten up the midbass too much for me, so i prefer to stick with the stock cable.

my point is cable changes are merely like applying a fixed EQ/ filter.. the original driver capabilities itself is arguably won't change. the end result in sound changes would be highly subjective, unless it's for added cable strength, reliability, more comfort (well this is also a bit subjective), etc

also.. i would like to know where this flea market is. if the average $5 there sounded like the Blon, i would love to raid and buy everything there :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #98 of 6,129
Just got my 2nd bl03 and I stupidly ordered the same "gunmetal" color as my 1st one lol.

oh dear :sweat_smile:, can you still contact the seller to correct the order?

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #99 of 6,129
oh dear :sweat_smile:, can you still contact the seller to correct the order?

Nope, it has been delivered to my house. I already ordered the silver one. I could return the 2nd gunmetal one if I want to (thank God I ordered thru amazon).

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #100 of 6,129
Nope, it has been delivered to my house. I already ordered the silver one. I could return the 2nd gunmetal one if I want to (thank God I ordered thru amazon).

while you're at it, do both the gunmetals sound the same?

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #101 of 6,129
I haven't opened it yet.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #102 of 6,129
I bought a P1, then a Fiio Q1mk2 to use with it, I was happy. Now I have a Ikko OH10(which I liked a lot), ordered a Shuoer Tape(not here yet) and I'm thinking of buying this one because is inexpensive. But based on what people are saying, maybe I should just have bought this one instead of making a chifi colection... :O

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #103 of 6,129

Given the difficulty of getting a proper fit for a lot of people, my guess is the differences we see in FR graphs is due to:

1.) getting a good seal with the coupler
2.) getting a reliably consistent insertion depth
3.) making sure the vent by the nozzle isn’t blocked by whatever is being used to seal against the coupler (usually blue tac)
4.) the source used for the measurements (cell phone or laptop vs an amplified source).

Ok, I could find 9 FR graphs:

full: https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/10367523.jpg

As Slater pointed out, rig variation, insertion depth, seal, etc... will play a role. But apart from the last ones I don't think they stand out that much from each other. The Crinacle's unit isn't flat at 400Hz but you can see Antdroid's FR graph only one side gets flat at 400Hz, which could be a just filter position mismatch. At least my gun-metal pair is highly addictive. :p

Actually forgive me for asking a noob question as I don't own any measuring gear, but for the BLON, can we even compare and draw conclusions from different graphs from different users with different equipment? I'm curious about this question.
I always thought that one should compare the IEMs (say brown and silver BLON) using the same standardized equipment to be fair.

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #104 of 6,129
Actually forgive me for asking a noob question as I don't own any measuring gear, but for the BLON, can we even compare and draw conclusions from different graphs from different users with different equipment? I'm curious about this question.
I always thought that one should compare the IEMs (say brown and silver BLON) using the same standardized equipment to be fair.

Indeed. That's the ideal. My point was just to show the variation isn't that off as said early.

To be honest, I just check the Crinacle's tool for reference since I have some IEMs that got measured and it's more accurate to me when comparing. For example, I can't understand audioreviews.org and audiofool compensations, so I just skip their "objective" part.

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #105 of 6,129
I bought a P1, then a Fiio Q1mk2 to use with it, I was happy. Now I have a Ikko OH10(which I liked a lot), ordered a Shuoer Tape(not here yet) and I'm thinking of buying this one because is inexpensive. But based on what people are saying, maybe I should just have bought this one instead of making a chifi colection... :O

as long as it doesn't hurt your other essential expenses, it's nice to have several different sounding earphones like you already did, because as good as the Blon is, it is not THE best and an end all for every music.
I'm also eyeing on that Shuoer Tape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back