BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives)
Mar 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #736 of 801
Yup, bought BitPerfect, very pleased for $10 and it does exactly what I wanted.

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #738 of 801
Generally speaking any of the SoX options will outperform Core Audio. As to choosing between linear, intermediate and minimum, I think you're best trusting your ears.

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #739 of 801
I second the SoX - Ive used it for years now. Its still the best. Min phase IMHO.....

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #741 of 801
Just notice, the EQ on iTunes doesn't work if Bit Perfect is running. Is this expected or I am missing something?

That's to be expected. When BitPerfect is active, it actually takes over the playing duties from iTunes. All iTunes does at that point is to provide a pretty interface for you to tell BitPerfect which files to play.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #743 of 801
Been using BP for years as well and I can hear no difference with more expensive options.
IMO this piece of software is way underpriced for how good it performs and seamlessly interoperates with iTunes, which is exactly what I wanted.
Recently bought DSD Master as well. Phenomenal how it makes a file that can be imported into iTunes, played back through your Dac as a DSD file as well as a ALAC file when not going through the Dac.
One thing I wish for in Bitperfect that will probably never come is the option of equalisation.

Jul 29, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #744 of 801
One thing I wish for in BitPerfect that will probably never come is the option of equalisation.

Actually, we are very interested in providing EQ as a future enhancement.  We are looking at various ways of incorporating generic DSP into our audio engine that can be implemented without sacrificing audio quality to an unacceptable degree.  If we can do that, EQ becomes an attractive candidate for one of the things we can implement with it.  It won't happen in the short term, though, but at least "NEVER" is not the correct timeframe :)

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #745 of 801
Nice to know, I'm sure if or when this feature is added it will be seamlessly integrated and easy to use as well. 
My compliments on your website as well, it has valuable info for computer-audiophiles and helped me configure both your apps as well as another one I occasionally use to compare.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #747 of 801
Damn, I'll have to downgrade to Mavericks again, there's no dark mode icon for BitPerfect yet.  
wink_face.gif

Yosemite does look sleek though.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #749 of 801
For what seems like forever now, I still use BP more than any other music player/app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back